• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

We keep these vicious monsters in our homes and think of them as cute and cuddly. Who’s the big bad predator here? We is.

We do seem to leave a big footprint on the ecosystem.

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Did she cope well?

I had a friend come by every couple of days to check on her.  She seemed to have done well.  She's been extra cuddly the last couple of days however.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I had a friend come by every couple of days to check on her.  She seemed to have done well.  She's been extra cuddly the last couple of days however.

Aww, sounds like she missed you.

When I went on a trip for two weeks a couple of years ago, my one cat at the time was overjoyed by my return. He spent the entire first night watching me in bed to make sure that I was not going to disappear on him again.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

"You haven't even started to make tea, boring or otherwise, I can't be in the way then" - Explorer the Cat

Cats are an exotic state of matter that takes up more volume than the object it constitutes. They have an amazing ability to be exactly where they will cause the most immediate inconvenience while not physically being larger than they were. I believe it has something to do with temporal instability; they retroactively edit their location to fill spaces until the system stabilizes at a maximum cat presence to the observer.

While generally benign, occasionally the system tips into the domain of cat-astro-phe; "My stars! How did the cat get up there?"

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

"You haven't even started to make tea, boring or otherwise, I can't be in the way then" - Explorer the Cat

dsc_8130.jpg

It’s fascinating how cats will dangle one leg over the edge like that. All of my cats love to do that.

One of our cats - the tortoiseshell - decided to get up on my desk and make a cat toy out of my $200+ MIDI breath controller's hose end.

I'm wondering if I should now take her tail and prep it as a stand-by hose replacement.