• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

Explorer is at the vet getting a check up due to her peeing 5-6 times a morning and getting her shots. Photos when she comes home.

Just heard from the vet.  Explorer has a UTI and has some mineral crystals in her urinary track.  Will need to go on a prescription diet, but that's better than her having feline diabetes.

Her stones are bladder stones, not kidney, but I suspect that putting her in water to deal with them wouldn't be all that pleasant for her or the person trying to hold her in it.

Some cats and dogs are fine together. I guess they acclimate. From the dog's P.O.V., it must seem like the cat is part of the pack. From the cat's P.O.V., who gives a $#!% (unless they want to kill me).

22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Lets hope she lands on her feet.

:tongue:

30 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Some cats and dogs are fine together.

Explorer hasn't been exposed to dogs other than the meth-head on the other side of the old house having a yappy small dog.  I think the only time she sees/hears dogs is when she's at the vet.  She did not respond well to the half grown lab puppy getting up in the grate of the pet carrier.  Went from singing the song of her people to hissing and spitting, which I've never seen her do before.

23 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Lets hope she lands on her feet.

She is active this morning and hasn't spent most of it on the litter box like she was doing, so the shot seems to have helped.

12 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

"I really like to get into a good book."

And that's the only book, for that that matter thing, in the house that she claws.  She did some clawing on a cardboard box, but once that was removed from the house she went back to the airplane book.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Did she have a bad experience flying?

I don't think so, I think it about the texture of the book.  It got it's cover destroyed during a move and I never tossed it out as the book was still readable and I didn't feel like buying a replacement.  So it goes in the oversize books shelf on the book case, which is where Explorer found it.    It took her a few weeks to find it again after the move, during which time she clawed a couple of boxes and a little bit on the overstuffed chair. 

I think she sees the phone and thinks, "Really? gain with the flashy thing?"

Maybe it has the same effect as the one on Men In Black, and it's always a new experience.