• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the cat has been dropped off at the vets to be fixed and to get her shots.  She should be coming home about 2:00 to 3:00 PM today.

Just got a call from the vet's office. Explorer is out of surgery and it went well. I can pick her up around 1:30 or so.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Just got a call from the vet's office. Explorer is out of surgery and it went well. I can pick her up around 1:30 or so.

And she is back.  Still a bit groggy from the surgery, but wanting to eat.  Letting her have a little bit right now and will give her more in the morning, based on what the vet said.

So like most bosses...
The Cat knows that you are supposed to be doing SOMETHING at the desk
The Cat has no idea what it is you are supposed to be doing
And despite (or perhaps because of) your requests and suggestions, The Cat just gets in the way

Explorer the cat has been doing her run and jump thing this morning, as she is does most mornings.   She literally is setting her self up for the maximum run through the house, from the bathroom, through the bed room and living room, jumping over the ottoman and into the kitchen where she jumps over the bottom part of the centre table in the kitchen, after which she puts on the brakes and skids to a stop in the corner of the kitchen.   She has done this like 5 times this morning.  Oddly enough she doesn't do the full speed return, just walks back to the bathroom and starts over.

I'm starting to think that Explorer the cat's late night/early morning freak out due to the storms took more out of her than normal. She's only doing bed room to middle of the living room dashes.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

I'm starting to think that Explorer the cat's late night/early morning freak out due to the storms took more out of her than normal. She's only doing bed room to middle of the living room dashes.

Spoke to soon. She just did a full house run, or at least a bedroom to kitchen corner run, with ottoman jump.

While I am used to Explorer the Cat checking out my tea mug 3 or 4 times a day, she just got up and personal with watching me put the tea bag and sugar in the mug.  She's never done that before.  After establishing that it wasn't any thing she cared about she went back to dashing about the house.

55 minutes ago, mlooney said:

While I am used to Explorer the Cat checking out my tea mug 3 or 4 times a day, she just got up and personal with watching me put the tea bag and sugar in the mug.  She's never done that before.  After establishing that it wasn't any thing she cared about she went back to dashing about the house.

Just had a first with Explorer, she seems to like something I was drinking. Spearmint tea. She actually tried a bit of it. Didn't like the fact that it was hot, but this is the first time she has even tried taking a drink/bite of what ever I was eating or drinking.

Need to get her some catnip and see what she does with that.

15 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Just had a first with Explorer, she seems to like something I was drinking. Spearmint tea.

She just jumped up on the desk and gave me a dirty look for finishing the tea before she could get a 2nd sip.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Hmm, maybe she would like to try a cool saucer of it sometime. Cats do have a thing about mint...

I might try that next time I make a mug of mint tea.  Likely in the morning tomorrow. 

10 hours ago, mlooney said:

Just had a first with Explorer, she seems to like something I was drinking. Spearmint tea. She actually tried a bit of it. Didn't like the fact that it was hot, but this is the first time she has even tried taking a drink/bite of what ever I was eating or drinking.

Need to get her some catnip and see what she does with that.

Be careful, cats can pick up parasites from the critters they kill. Toxoplasmosis is the notorious one.

8 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Be careful, cats can pick up parasites from the critters they kill. Toxoplasmosis is the notorious one.

I'm aware of those issues.   As I understand it, Toxoplasmosis transfer is via stools,  which is way I'm careful when I clean her litter box.

13 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I wonder

What would it take to make cardboard mattress pads for human beds?

Why you ask?  I've slept on cardboard, it's not comfortable.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or are you suggesting that cats may not be infallible?

Why, yes, I am.  I love my cats, but I know that they are not infallible.   They are quite fallible in fact.