• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

On 2/29/2020 at 10:39 AM, mlooney said:

Explorer the cat making it hard to type and chilling on the desk.

IMG_20200229_082833.jpg

She is clearly in charge of the computer space. I like how she is chillin' with the dog face inches away.

9 hours ago, ijuin said:

Sounds like she felt you could use some cuddles.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Good kitty.

She spends a good 80% of her not bolting around the house at 1000 MPH time with in 3 feet of me.  And a lot of the other 20% is in the same room.  She is a cuddle kitty.

13 minutes ago, mlooney said:

She spends a good 80% of her not bolting around the house at 1000 MPH time with in 3 feet of me.  And a lot of the other 20% is in the same room.  She is a cuddle kitty.

Little sweetie. I am glad you have such a good friend. :)

14 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Little sweetie. I am glad you have such a good friend. :)

For an ex-barn cat she is remarkably well socialized towards humans, or at least me. She does hide from my cleaning lady, but I suspect that has more to do with her using the vacuum than any thing else.

40 minutes ago, mlooney said:

suspect that has more to do with her using the vacuum than any thing else.

So why is your cat using the vacuum cleaner?

Please tell me that we have finally found cats who will clean up their own shedding and hairballs...

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Well, she's in the same room with me right now, but there is s sunbeam that is falling on her food dish, that has a box next to it.  It's a kitty trifecta as it were.

IMG_20200305_102031.jpg

8 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So why is your cat using the vacuum cleaner?

Please tell me that we have finally found cats who will clean up their own shedding and hairballs...

So far she has not generated any hairballs, but the year is young.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

She spends a good 80% of her not bolting around the house at 1000 MPH time with in 3 feet of me.

It's bolting around the house time now.

On 3/4/2020 at 2:45 PM, mlooney said:

Because I feel like crap today I've spent most of the day in bed. Explorer the Cat has spent most of the day in what amounts to my right armpit.

Today is different, she's in my left armpit...

Explorer the Cat has found a new place to "hide".  While not exactly hidden, she hasn't been there before, at least when I've been looking for her.  Also I've changed to my real camera, not using my camera in my phone, which should help image clarity, if not size.

DSC_4044.jpg

42 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat has found a new place to "hide".  While not exactly hidden, she hasn't been there before, at least when I've been looking for her.  Also I've changed to my real camera, not using my camera in my phone, which should help image clarity, if not size.

Cats love these little nooks and crannies. They feel safer in them and often warm and snug :)

54 minutes ago, mlooney said:

10 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Cats love these little nooks and crannies. They feel safer in them and often warm and snug :)

She tends to find a place to hide and use it for the rest of the day.  Of course right now she's running like crazy from the bedroom to the kitchen.

Explorer the Cat has discovered multi-tasking!  She just found out that she can bolt around the living room AND jump on the desk getting in her human's way while he drinks tea and reads the interwebs and/or FaceBook.

30 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat has discovered multi-tasking!  She just found out that she can bolt around the living room AND jump on the desk getting in her human's way while he drinks tea and reads the interwebs and/or FaceBook.

Well, the darting about the house phase is over, now it's just sit on the desk and make human's life hard.

As I have mentioned else thread, I've been feeling like crap the last week or so.  Explorer the Cat has taken to spending the afternoon with me in bed, more or less in my armpit.  I've been watching videos and she has gotten more or less to the point where she knows that noise from the thing in human's lap is harmless.  Unless it's making cat noises.  Even a single meow from an on screen cat makes her go into full alert mode.

57 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

You have a cat. Your world now consists of cat beds, cat food, and cat toys. Nothing else. Which are you? (Hopefully not cat food.)

He's all three, duh. In terms of food, it's less direct; he's the source and the feeder, and "Why am I not being fed?!!!!"

It's a good thing he doesn't feel like carp, then it might be more direct.

14 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

You have a cat. Your world now consists of cat beds, cat food, and cat toys. Nothing else. Which are you? (Hopefully not cat food.)

13 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

He's all three, duh. In terms of food, it's less direct; he's the source and the feeder, and "Why am I not being fed?!!!!"

It's a good thing he doesn't feel like carp, then it might be more direct.

Yeah, a bit of all three, with cat bed being the leader.