• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

Explorer the Cat tracks something that The Human can't see.  She watched it for about a minute while The Human made tea, then darted off to the bedroom.  The Human is confused
dsc_6604.jpg

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

the Cat at the northern most end of her house dashing

This brings up a question I have pondered for some time

What is an Animal's sense of direction?

I know many animals have good spatial memory and can navigate incredible distances

But do they have a sense of "North"?

How about "Starboard"?

I'm intrigued by the thought of a road map published by the Feline Automobile Association, and afraid of knowing too much about how they see the world

43 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What is an Animal's sense of direction?

Given that many of them seem to navigate via the magnetic fields, I suspect that they have a sense "toward the pole" meaning the magnetic north or south poles.

Explorer the Cat about to pounce on The Human's feet.  Or something near his feet.  Or a random bit of floor.  Ready to pounce regardless.
dsc_6621.jpg

Done with the morning pouncing, Explorer the Cat rests on the bed that The Human hasn't made yet.  And might not make until he's ready to go to bed himself.

dsc_6623.jpg

After a fun filled morning of running about the house and jumping on and off The Human's lap, Explorer the Cat takes up a resting pose on the bed.

dsc_6626.jpg

"This is my box.  Let me mark it with my scent, just in case you bring another animal into the house.  My Box" - Explorer the Cat
dsc_6641.jpg

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This is my Box. There are many like it, but this one is mine

In my experience that is a USMC saying, not an army saying.
Explorer isn't a Marine.  She hates getting wet.