• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

5 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

The way that cord is hanging down in front of the books left me wondering for a second what a "Bestia" was...

That the cord for my old keyboard. 

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat guarding my RPG books.

Feline is a very difficult character class to role play well, especially for a novice

Does she have experience playing a Canine or gaming the Human?

24 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Feline is a very difficult character class to role play well, especially for a novice

Does she have experience playing a Canine or gaming the Human?

She does have some experience gaming The Human.  Or at least making The Human deal with her while The Human is working on gaming stuff.

My cleaning lady just started vacuuming the bed room, where Explorer the Cat was hanging out.  Explorer is now hiding in the back of the closet.

19 minutes ago, mlooney said:

My cleaning lady just started vacuuming the bed room, where Explorer the Cat was hanging out.  Explorer is now hiding in the back of the closet.

And now she is hiding in the kitchen.  Expect her to stay there for a while due to the scent factor of mopping the floors.

I woke up around 11:45 PM and needed to go to the bathroom.  Explorer the Cat was dashing about the house until I finished.  When I got back in bed and had picked up the chromebook she laid down by my ribs and curled up in a little ball, causing me to have an Awwww moment.

If Baker, one of our cats, had done this while we were gone, we would have returned to a house fire. He knocked over a bedside lamp so that the light bulb was in contact with the lampshade. Thank goodness it was a compact fluorescent bulb, but those things still generate enough cumulative heat to ignite a lampshade over time. If it'd been a 60 watt incandescent, it would have burst into flames almost immediately.

3 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

If Baker, one of our cats, had done this while we were gone, we would have returned to a house fire. He knocked over a bedside lamp so that the light bulb was in contact with the lampshade. Thank goodness it was a compact fluorescent bulb, but those things still generate enough cumulative heat to ignite a lampshade over time. If it'd been a 60 watt incandescent, it would have burst into flames almost immediately.

My wife used to have a sweet gray semilonghair kitty named Chantinelle, affectionately known as Doofus. One time Doofus sat too close to a candle and managed to get the very outermost tip of her tail hairs lit on fire. My wife all but had a heart attack frantically putting it out again. And then Doofus gave her an annoyed look as if to ask what all the fuss was about, never having noticed what almost happened to her tail tip. :icon_eek:

4 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

My wife used to have a sweet gray semilonghair kitty named Chantinelle, affectionately known as Doofus. One time Doofus sat too close to a candle and managed to get the very outermost tip of her tail hairs lit on fire. My wife all but had a heart attack frantically putting it out again. And then Doofus gave her an annoyed look as if to ask what all the fuss was about, never having noticed what almost happened to her tail tip. :icon_eek:

I wish I had a Doofus and not a Loudmouth-slash-barfbag. That cat urps on everything. He urped on the computer chair I use for my Music System late last night. I got out the pet stain cleaner and sprayed it at my chair, but it seems like the foam rubber seat just absorbed it. I'm still waiting for it to dry so I can vacuum it out.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I wish I had a Doofus and not a Loudmouth-slash-barfbag. That cat urps on everything. He urped on the computer chair I use for my Music System late last night. I got out the pet stain cleaner and sprayed it at my chair, but it seems like the foam rubber seat just absorbed it. I'm still waiting for it to dry so I can vacuum it out.

I've been lucky with Explorer so far, no barfs or hairballs, but the year is young.

Explorer the Cat has a new form of running today. Instead of the near straight line dashes she normally does, she doing a lot of corners and what not. Of course I have wood floors in the living room and kitchen so I'm hearing a lot of claws on wood as she makes a turn.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Forget the squeal of rubber on pavement

Claws on wood or, even better, linoleum, is the real sound of speed and an impending crash

Once my poor old Catso got startled by his sister jumping next to him and tried to take off at a gallop. It took almost two seconds of frantic scrabbling before he gained traction and took off like a fat brown rocket.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

This used to be my trash box by the desk in the bedroom. After I emptied last time it got taken. I now use a much smaller box as my trash box.

DSC_4092.jpg

"Can I haz radium source, detection instrumentation, and cyanide capsule, please?"

"Erwin, you sick #@&%, what did you teach your cat?"

"Maybe I did, and maybe I didn't." - now officially known as Schrödinger's Response.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat has a new form of running today. Instead of the near straight line dashes she normally does, she doing a lot of corners and what not. Of course I have wood floors in the living room and kitchen so I'm hearing a lot of claws on wood as she makes a turn.

You need to wax the hardwood floors.

26 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You need to wax the hardwood floors.

I fall on my ass enough as it is.  Waxing the floor is Right Out.

Plus I don't have a buffer.  Granted it's been 35 years or so after I last used one.