• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Instead of the near straight line dashes she normally does, she doing a lot of corners and what not. Of course I have wood floors in the living room and kitchen so I'm hearing a lot of claws on wood as she makes a turn.

Cat drifting...

Explorer the Cat is combing running with lots of turns and full house run and jumps. She just did a run that ended with a jump into the kitchen, her doing a 180 at full speed and zipping back into the living room.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

After spending most of the night huddled up close to me, Explorer the Cat has the zips this morning.  Glad to see it, as I'd rather have an active happy cat than one freaking out and hiding from the world.

She is back to sleeping next to me, but not freaking out. See how she does when the storm hits tonight.

42 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Be glad she does it in the morning, rather than in the middle of the night while you're trying to sleep.

About one day in 5 she does the middle of the night thing.

32 minutes ago, mlooney said:

About one day in 5 she does the middle of the night thing.

Then be glad cats have good night vision, or instead of hearing, "scamper, scamper, scamper, skid, scamper, scamper", you'd be hearing, "scamper, scamper, scamper, thud ..., scamper, scamper".

My son-in-law has a tale from his teenage years. The home of a friend of his had a basement that was a big open space with a wall in the middle - not connected to other walls. In other words you could treat the basement as an oval track. The cats did. In one corner was a window, and a bed under the window. The cats would, after running a few laps, would jump up and touch-and-jump off the bed to go outside for a bit.

In the middle of the night.

My son-in-law stayed there one night, and slept in that bed.

So he was suddenly awakened by a cat bouncing off his stomach heading for the window. And then another. By the time the third one came, he was sitting up, so the third and fourth cats crashed into his side.

The bed being directly under the window got a cold draft at night, so the lead cats suddenly discovered the hard way that he had closed the window. And he got cats landing on his head.

Explorer the Cat has shown no interest in human food. Ham, cheese, milk, fake crab, cheese sauce on pasta, nothing. She sniffs my food but doesn't try to eat any of it and shows no interest after the first sniff. Until today. What made her try a bite of human food? Steel cut Oats. I don't understand why that would be the thing that she went for, but I had to pick up the bowl to keep it away from her. Oddness abounds.

40 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I don't understand why that would be the thing that she went for, but I had to pick up the bowl to keep it away from her.

Of course you don't understand. You're not a cat. Mere humans are not capable of following feline logic.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat helpfully sitting on my desk, because I don't need to be typing right now.

Obviously not! What you need to is to pay attention to her!

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Of course you don't understand. You're not a cat. Mere humans are not capable of following feline logic.

I'm learning about her logic day by day.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Obviously not! What you need to is to pay attention to her!

Well, she gets that.

10 hours ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat has shown no interest in human food. Ham, cheese, milk, fake crab, cheese sauce on pasta, nothing. She sniffs my food but doesn't try to eat any of it and shows no interest after the first sniff. Until today. What made her try a bite of human food? Steel cut Oats. I don't understand why that would be the thing that she went for, but I had to pick up the bowl to keep it away from her. Oddness abounds.

It smells like a what's inside a dead bird, maybe?

Edited by Darth Fluffy
Embellishment

15 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It smells like a what's inside a dead bird, maybe?

i would say, she's an inside cat so that isn't a possibility, but her being an inside cat is new to her, more or less, and she did spend the early part of her life as a barn cat, so it's possible that she ate the odd bird or mouse.