• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

Very much not a fan of fans.  She's less freaked out about them than she was yesterday night, but she's in the bed room a couple of hours early today.

I'm not sure why she doesn't like the ceiling fan, but if she in the room when I turn it on, she runs to the bedroom in that low to the ground "I'm frightened" run that cats do.

It might be that she doesn’t comprehend that the whirling fan blades are fixed in their track, and fears that they may come down and whack her as they whirl about.

I suspect that is the case.  I hope she will get used to them over the next few days as I'm not seeing me turn them off for a while.

"The spinning things are still going.  The seem to be harmless, but I'm gonna stay out from under them for a while." - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7829.jpg

"Tea's not done, therefore I'm not in the way over on this side of the desk.  Don't know why I have to keep telling you that" - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7837.jpg

"I'm going to stay on the little desk for a while.  It's cooler in here with the floor spinning thing making a breeze." - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7857.jpg 

"The overhead spinning thing is making The Box cool enough to lay on.  Still thinking about going to the bed room where it has a lot of air moving around." - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7859.jpg

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Made me sad.

Indeed. I am concerned about what else it might portend. Choo choo bear was often Randy's voice in the comic, doing the Q&As, and it's his name in his SP related email address. This could be just the death of a comic cat (seems unlikely), a reflection of a real cat dying (seems likely), Randy trolling his readers (seems unlikely in this case, in spite of his penchant for doing so), Randy feeling down (seems like a given, but might not be the reason for the cat dying), maybe a cry for help (not the least likely), or Randy foreshadowing closing his SP comic (seems possible). I hope he's OK.

Offspring of the fluid cat live on in Girls with Slingshots.

Given that he has a full time gig doing Popeye it's quite possible that he's taking SP down.  He's been rather intermittent with updates for a while.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Given that he has a full time gig doing Popeye it's quite possible that he's taking SP down.  He's been rather intermittent with updates for a while.

That crossed my mind as well. He's only doing Sundays. I'm sure there's waaay less flexibility about submissions, though.

Turn's out ChooChoo is not really dead ...

The floating skull seemed so final.

I did not recognize that was PeeJee until a reread.

"Between the overhead and the little spinning thing, it's OK in the living room now.  But it's early in the day still." - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7863.jpg

Until it got hot here she didn't spend that much time in the bathroom unless I was in there.  Now it's her goto place, assuming she isn't on the desk.

"The Human has got the flashy thing out.  I'll jump into his lap to avoid being flashed.  Darn, he did any way" - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7868.jpg

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

"Found the coolest place in the house." - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7864.jpg

Is that her contemplation spot, were she goes to sink about sings?

Might be.  She tends to go there in the afternoon, when before it got so hot, she would hang out on the bed.  She might not like the fan pointed at the bed even though she hangs out next to me when I go to bed, at least for a little while every night.