• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sulking is a dying art.  I can't even remember the last time i sulked.

Same here.  I pout more than I sulk. 

Our oldest cat, Loudmouth, is not long for this world, I'm sad to say. Mrs. Prof was going to have him put down today, but due to complications in vet schedules, that won't happen until tomorrow. Loudmouth has been suffering from something upper respiratory for the past few months. He's lost a lot of weight and is coughing/sneezing up blood now. We've had tests done and have ruled out everything save some very nasty alternatives I'd rather not discuss. So, tomorrow afternoon, Loudmouth will be put down, followed by a necropsy and cremation. I'll post a memorial picture here once the deed is done.

He will be sorely missed.

One of the hardest things I've had to do was take a cat to the vet to be put down. It wasn't my cat, the owner was gone, so I had been caring for it, and we bonded. It came back one day dragging it's crushed back end; it had been run over, likely by someone who thought they were being clever. The vet offered to let me leave, but I owned it to the kitty to stay with her so she wouldn't panic. She was gone a few moments after the injection.

I feel for you. I know it's tough.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
Fiksed spelin erer

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Ooo, the mega-butt warmer, nice!

Because I keep a lot of smallish items on the butt warmer, she doesn't sit on it very often.  When she does, items tend to fall off.

The street sweeper just came by about 30 minutes ago, then returned for the other side of the street 10 minutes later.  Explorer freaked out both times.  Hid between the bed and the wall.  She's just now getting over it.

Talk about hearing aids in the medical thread remind me of my father.  With or without the hearing aids, he would often have selective deafness.  But the master of the art who taught the skill to my dad was his dog.  She could hear you perfectly, when she wanted.