• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

NP Monday, Feb 3, 2020

I think that the “Ranma” type would fit better as Hero of Skill than as Hero of Magic. Also, if Dan is going to play on Ranma’s gender bending, then the character will probably be using Elliot’s appearance. 

So, bard-sung word-of-mouth was something like current social media? :)

Maybe the retelling WAS accurate but most of population had quite firm opinion about the head monk. Like, "if she pissed the head monk like this she must be good person".

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

Oh great, 2 more quests to do.   Happy Happy, Joy Joy.

You mean AT LEAST two more quests.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This story has become quite mockable

I, for one, would not care if the story line just ended and didn't have a proper resolution of the plot.

This story has been going on so long, that as a parody story I would expect Dan to start to run out of things to say before too much longer. I wouldn't be surprised if (and actually hope that ) before long he either does a fast-forward/time-skip to the end, or says "to be continued" and switches to another story.

If he doesn't do one of those things, then we could a very long wait for the next story, as in a typical Video Game RPG Susan would probably be less than a fourth of the way through the adventure at this point, maybe a lot less (I don't know about Fable, but if I was playing a JRPG and had only completed two quests and acquired one companion, I wouldn't expect to be even a tenth of the way through the game).

2 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I don't know about Fable, but if I was playing a JRPG and had only completed two quests and acquired one companion, I wouldn't expect to be even a tenth of the way through the game

I hope that isn't the case here.  This story line is long enough as it is.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If the author is using his commentary to mock how he is writing his own story, there doesn't seem to be much more I can say

This story has become quite mockable

In parody, you can get away with lot of things which would be serious problem in serious story (pun intended), especially if you hang lampshade on it.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

This story has been going on so long, that as a parody story I would expect Dan to start to run out of things to say before too much longer.

... except, of course, running out of things you can make fun of.

I wouldn't be surprised if (and actually hope that ) before long he either does a fast-forward/time-skip to the end, or says "to be continued" and switches to another story.

If he doesn't do one of those things, then we could a very long wait for the next story

There IS also option that he just does the rest quicker without explicit fast-forward. But I would expect fast-forward ... not necessary to the end, maybe it will be multiple fast-forwards with few strips between them.

as in a typical Video Game RPG Susan would probably be less than a fourth of the way through the adventure at this point, maybe a lot less (I don't know about Fable, but if I was playing a JRPG and had only completed two quests and acquired one companion, I wouldn't expect to be even a tenth of the way through the game).

I don't think Susan would get this far only completing two quests ... the list of quests in Fable II is here.

Meaning, Dan already either timeskipped something over or just shortened the story.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

I hope that isn't the case here.  This story line is long enough as it is.

... and it was right decision to do that.

15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think Susan would get this far only completing two quests ... the list of quests in Fable II is here.

Meaning, Dan already either timeskipped something over or just shortened the story.

Well, Susan spent a fair bit of time with the real estate stuff, that by the time she was railroaded back to the main quest she wasn't yet famous enough to continue, she did at least 1 side quest before paying Bard-Ellen to sing songs about her. she might have done more than one side quest, but I get the vibe that she gave up on it pretty quickly, I mean, I wouldn't want to keep going back to the temple guy after each quest to see if I've finally gotten enough fame to do his quest either.