• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Story, Wed 12 Feb 2020

Yay for starburst background in panel one! Yay for glowing circle background (with reverse-starburst overlay) in panel two!

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Grace can use "human" magic now.

Technically, she always had the potential for it, she just would have had to have figured out how to suppress her Uryuom power. As soon as we saw that Uryuom using that wand at the end of Sister 3, I figured Grace would be able to use human magic as easily as anyone else now. I'm actually a little surprised Tedd and Grace hadn't realized the same thing yet, but I suppose Tedd hasn't had much time to investigate the changes to magic yet.

Elliot self identifies as a Paladin.

It fits, but I wonder where he learned the term. While he watches some anime (and learned a few Japanese words and phrases), and enjoyed watching Star Trek with Susan, in general Elliot is one of the least nerdy of the main 8.

Diane has body confidence issues.

I suspect most people do - and as I mentioned the other day, I suspect the nudity taboo is a big part of the problem. Because we can't easily compare our bodies to those around us, it's far too easy to assume one's body is below average and/or "not good enough". (The fact that naked people in classic art and scantily-clad people in the media are almost all very good looking doesn't help matters.)

Of course, in Diane's case it's not necessarily body issues she's facing right now. Breaking a taboo takes a lot of confidence (or ignorance), and that might be the confidence of Grace's that Diane is currently envious of.

(It could also be a combination of both types of confidence.)

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Grace can use "human" magic now.

Technically, she always had the potential for it, she just would have had to have figured out how to suppress her Uryuom power. As soon as we saw that Uryuom using that wand at the end of Sister 3, I figured Grace would be able to use human magic as easily as anyone else now. I'm actually a little surprised Tedd and Grace hadn't realized the same thing yet, but I suppose Tedd hasn't had much time to investigate the changes to magic yet.

Seconding that. Only thing surprising about it is that Tedd didn't realized it sooner, and even that is not that much surprising considering she didn't had that much time to investigate yet.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Elliot self identifies as a Paladin.

It fits, but I wonder where he learned the term. While he watches some anime (and learned a few Japanese words and phrases), and enjoyed watching Star Trek with Susan, in general Elliot is one of the least nerdy of the main 8.

Yeah, again: no surprise he identifies as a Paladin, except where he heard that term. On the other hand, with so many nerdy friends, maybe someone suggested it, explained what it is and Elliot adopted it?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So Elliot is a Paladin?

Shouldn't the name be Elliotoille?

That's palindrome.

13 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

I'm kinda wondering why our favorite squirrel is now sporting a fox-like tail...

Now? Why didn't you start wondering here? Looks like same kind of tail to me, although speaking about it, it does look different than her usual squirrel tail ...

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Here is.

A lot to unpack in this one.

1. Grace can use "human" magic now.
  2. Elliot self identifies as a Paladin.
  3. Diane has body confidence issues.

1. Grace can use both simultaneously it seems, at least when morphing is involved, I wonder if she can mix magic with telekinesis too.

2. Elliot's got a bit in common with another Elliot.

3. Another thing her and Susan share apparently, though Diane's limits are higher than Susan's, but in all honestly it is hard for many people to be Grace level confident about being naked in front of others, Sarah struggled with it as well back in MV5.  Dan had stated that Diane's comment was due to Grace being more charismatic than her, I'd probably equate it in cheerleading terms cus Diane's a cheerleader and Grace could potentially (more like very likely) outdo even the head cheerleader (if Diane isn't it) and so maybe Diane finds Grace somewhat intimidating that way.

Part of Grace's apparent confidence is that she never developed a sense of body-shame in the first place, and part of it is probably because she is a very versatile shapeshifter and thus knows that at any given moment she looks exactly as she wants to.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

1. Grace can use both simultaneously it seems, at least when morphing is involved, I wonder if she can mix magic with telekinesis too.

She might be actually UNABLE to use just one.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

Part of Grace's apparent confidence is that she never developed a sense of body-shame in the first place, and part of it is probably because she is a very versatile shapeshifter and thus knows that at any given moment she looks exactly as she wants to.

That's nice theory, however she became versatile shapeshifter only when Tedd helped her with TF gun. She was limited to three forms before that. Considering when people usually develop a sense of body-shame, I would guess the main reason is different - probably her "sheltered" live style of not meeting anyone except her siblings and Damien for years.

Just now, hkmaly said:

That's nice theory, however she became versatile shapeshifter only when Tedd helped her with TF gun. She was limited to three forms before that. Considering when people usually develop a sense of body-shame, I would guess the main reason is different - probably her "sheltered" live style of not meeting anyone except her siblings and Damien for years.

If she spent the majority of her life in her half squirrel form and only started using her human form after she escaped Damien, then the lack of body shame might be because she never liked the feeling of clothes on fur and the scientists that created her were just bad at explaining why she needed to wear clothes.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:39 PM, hkmaly said:

That's palindrome.

Then there's Sarah Palin; not being very effective, she's kind of a Palin drone.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
typo

15 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If she spent the majority of her life in her half squirrel form and only started using her human form after she escaped Damien, then the lack of body shame might be because she never liked the feeling of clothes on fur and the scientists that created her were just bad at explaining why she needed to wear clothes.

I'm not sure if the scientists TRIED.

Explaining to young girl why should she wear clothes doesn't seem like something you would find many volunteers for, especially between group of introvert scientists.

And if she was mostly in her half squirrel form AND quite young, it might've not really mattered.

However, that is not directly related to body shame. I would say that the lack of body shame is because she had noone to compare herself to.