• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

NP Wed Feb 12 2020

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

And damn it, Cat isn't the Hero of Magic, so this is just a time waster.  

... totally failed to predict that Dan just couldn't help himself and will put Catalina there without any role to fill ...

Note that if the third panel is supposed to mean that Rich, "Bad" Tom and the new character decided to not risk it, there should've been motion lines from them disappearing.

The cookies! They were within my grasp!!!!

In retrospect Catalina couldn't be the Hero of Magic, she doesn't have the boobs for it, though would a NPC Hero use cosmetic potions on themselves? I mean usually some games have relatively generic looking NPCs but have uniquely designed Heroes/companions/etc to say "hey this NPC is important to the story!", though mind you Catalina is far from being generic but I guess companion to a hero is probably enough reason.

19 hours ago, ijuin said:

Stating that you can swing a mallet that is twice your own body mass would tend to scare off people from attacking at close range, yes.

I don't think those three were planning direct attack. However, even indirect attack might be risky ...

15 hours ago, Scotty said:

In retrospect Catalina couldn't be the Hero of Magic, she doesn't have the boobs for it, though would a NPC Hero use cosmetic potions on themselves? I mean usually some games have relatively generic looking NPCs but have uniquely designed Heroes/companions/etc to say "hey this NPC is important to the story!", though mind you Catalina is far from being generic but I guess companion to a hero is probably enough reason.

We ended with generic NPCs few strips ago. It's still weird that there would be special NPC designed to be companion for non-main hero ...

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

We ended with generic NPCs few strips ago. It's still weird that there would be special NPC designed to be companion for non-main hero ...

Also looking back, there was another NPC with Rhoda's design so I guess unique designs for heroes in Parable is out the window.

And I don't think it'd be that odd for a non-main hero (I'm assuming you mean an important character that's not the player) to have a companion, from a storytelling standpoint a love interest or spouse or sibling or best friend that has an attachment to an important NPC would add depth to the character, at least if it's done well it would, and those don't have to be generic looking either.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also looking back, there was another NPC with Rhoda's design so I guess unique designs for heroes in Parable is out the window.

And I don't think it'd be that odd for a non-main hero (I'm assuming you mean an important character that's not the player) to have a companion, from a storytelling standpoint a love interest or spouse or sibling or best friend that has an attachment to an important NPC would add depth to the character, at least if it's done well it would, and those don't have to be generic looking either.

Good point. I also wanted to add there are NPCs looking as MAIN hero but looking back, seems there wasn't any looking as main her BEFORE drinking the asset swap potion.