• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Tom Sewell

Story Friday, February 14, 2020

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Diane struggles with her inner nerd.

I'm thinking she is also struggling with her new found not so inner gayness.  At least that is what I assume the tightly closed eyes in the last panel is about.  Might be because she has a question she wants answered but I'm not seeing that causing the blush she is currently rocking.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm thinking she is also struggling with her new found not so inner gayness.  At least that is what I assume the tightly closed eyes in the last panel is about.  Might be because she has a question she wants answered but I'm not seeing that causing the blush she is currently rocking.

Well, that too; after all; Grace has caused blushes in pretty much everyone else at the party except Justin. But mostly, especially in the last panel, Diane is fighting against her inner nature as a super-genius-nerd. And I think she will lose the fight by the next comic.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Well, that too; after all; Grace has caused blushes in pretty much everyone else at the party except Justin. But mostly, especially in the last panel, Diane is fighting against her inner nature as a super-genius-nerd. And I think she will lose the fight by the next comic.

Justin was blushing though, maybe not as much as the others, but still it counts as blushing. Maybe Grace is like Noah but instead of making straight men see rainbows, Grace can make gay men see....whatever would be considered a reference to straightness?

Also Ellen wasn't blushing there, but that might be due to her having seen Grace naked a few times already and her display of support in MV5 might have removed any remaining modesty she may have had.

2 minutes ago, jmucchiello said:

Why haven't the more savvy in the group pointed out to Grace that not everyone is comfortable with nudity yet?

This subject has been brought up with Grace before
She is aware, at least on an intellectual level, that nudity makes many people uncomfortable
But unless she takes time to think about it, this is not a priority for her

Just now, jmucchiello said:

Why haven't the more savvy in the group pointed out to Grace that not everyone is comfortable with nudity yet? Ellen? Nanase? Justin? Tedd? Somebody?

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

She is aware, at least on an intellectual level, that nudity makes many people uncomfortable

Susan tried once and she did believe that everyone else was likely uncomfortable as well, but then....well.. I dunno if we can blame Tedd here or not but it seemed like Grace decided to double down on wanting to spread the belief that nudity shouldn't be shunned.

12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
15 hours ago, mlooney said:

I think that her fight against her gayness is made WORSE because she instinctively wants to distract herself with nerding.

Also yes I suspect she will lose her fight as well. And probably in way that at least one another person will be surprised by how nerdy she asked.

10 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

In response to the commentary on Ashley: she's already been told that Grace is an alien-hybrid, connecting that to this shouldn't be to hard.

Might be. She's also used to not asking.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also Ellen wasn't blushing there, but that might be due to her having seen Grace naked a few times already and her display of support in MV5 might have removed any remaining modesty she may have had.

Ellen was also not looking at Grace but at Nanase. But yes I think that MV5 helped her a lot.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Susan tried once and she did believe that everyone else was likely uncomfortable as well, but then....well.. I dunno if we can blame Tedd here or not but it seemed like Grace decided to double down on wanting to spread the belief that nudity shouldn't be shunned.

Blaming Tedd is standard procedure but I think that in this case is really mostly due to not thinking about it.

4 hours ago, jmucchiello said:

But this is a party with newcomers and Grace obviously needs a gentle reminder.

Maybe. However, I'm not sure who will be able to do it. Besides Tedd who is just as lost in though about science as Grace is.

Because ... well ... the term used was "uncomfortable", but I think it's not exactly describing what they feel ... :)

15 hours ago, jmucchiello said:

Why haven't the more savvy in the group pointed out to Grace that not everyone is comfortable with nudity yet? Ellen? Nanase? Justin? Tedd? Somebody?

14 hours ago, jmucchiello said:

Yes, I know it's been said before. But this is a party with newcomers and Grace obviously needs a gentle reminder.

Grace remembered earlier in the party, she's just apparently so caught up in SCIENCE! (of magic) and being able to use a wand that she forgot again. (Which isn't to say someone couldn't remind her, I'm just saying once she's no longer so caught up in the moment, she'll probably remember on her own.)

9 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Grace remembered earlier in the party, she's just apparently so caught up in SCIENCE! (of magic) and being able to use a wand that she forgot again. (Which isn't to say someone couldn't remind her, I'm just saying once she's no longer so caught up in the moment, she'll probably remember on her own.)

She generally got so much better at remembering that!

34 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Don't even have to click to know that's the squirrel prophet dream part, but I'd counter that unless she was absolutely rushed to get to school, she probably has enough time to make sure she's ready to go, that and Ellen would likely remind her since she's still picking up Grace on the way to school.

This instance might be the equivalent of being rushed, her mind is completely distracted by one thing (being able to use actual magic) to realize that she's in a state that's making some people aroused uncomfortable.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Astronauts were saying "horny" fifty years ago on national television. I think we can say it on this forum, when appropriate.

The idea that crossed my mind was that typing "aroused" with the strikethrough would be enough to be funny.  Guess I should have used emoji's too. ;)

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

horny aroused uncomfortable: even funnier

horny aroused titillated hotandbothered is there a limit to how many I can use?

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:
19 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

horny aroused uncomfortable: even funnier

horny aroused titillated hotandbothered is there a limit to how many I can use?

Yes, but don't worry, you are likely far bellow that.

31 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Don't even have to click to know that's the squirrel prophet dream part, but I'd counter that unless she was absolutely rushed to get to school, she probably has enough time to make sure she's ready to go, that and Ellen would likely remind her since she's still picking up Grace on the way to school.

This instance might be the equivalent of being rushed, her mind is completely distracted by one thing (being able to use actual magic) to realize that she's in a state that's making some people aroused uncomfortable.

Of course. Also, even if Ellen somehow missed that, I would assume she would run into quite a lot of people before even entering the class, and some of those would be likely to point that out.

That is, unless she's so late everyone is already in class. Still, waiting with pointing out that until she finishes her essay seems unlikely.

Also, you missed the point, which was that yes she will likely remember when she finish being distracted.