• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Story, Wed 19 Feb 2020

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Prof_Sai said:

"I'm ready to be normal sized again."

Noooo!

I wanted to see mini-Elliot and mini-Ashley cuddling on the couch tooooo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Now we need one of Nanase and Fox kissing Ellen. (Or Grace. Or Ashley. Or Sarah. Susan... um, no, she'd have the wrong reaction.)

I think Sarah wouldn't like it either.

Now, Diane on the other hand ...

(Note that I'm sure Nanase and Fox kissing Ellen happened already. Both with Ellen looking as herself and Ellen looking as Grace.)

1 hour ago, ijuin said:
1 hour ago, Prof_Sai said:

"I'm ready to be normal sized again."

Noooo!

I wanted to see mini-Elliot and mini-Ashley cuddling on the couch tooooo!

Who didn't?

However, Dan promised that he will draw it later, so I'm not lighting my torch yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:
5 hours ago, ijuin said:

My torch is an electric one.

A little light humor, eh?

\me takes names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Well, you know what happens if you put the bunny's batteries in backward, don't you?

My guess is that since the bunny is styled on a mid 20th century battery powered toy rabbit, if it was a real toy from that era, it would have batteries, a motor, and a switch; no electronics. Reversing the batteries could fail to complete the circuit, but not necessarily; I vaguely recall doing that as a kid, and the motor would still work. Depends on the contact design. The motor would be a cheapie DC motor, and should run backward. So, linkages allowing, the bunny should back step and still be beating the drum. The cam might not work in reverse, if it has a sudden level shift.

So " It keeps gniog and gniog and gniog" is a fair description.

Old school flashlights should probably work with backward batteries. Anything with electronics will probably not work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

it would have batteries, a motor, and a switch; no electronics

Switch? :)

(I remember some toys which did not have any switch and only way to stop them was to remove batteries. Would be fitting for toy like this.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Switch? :)

(I remember some toys which did not have any switch and only way to stop them was to remove batteries. Would be fitting for toy like this.)

Ah, I think you're right. I don't remember any specific toy that didn't have a switch, but I seem to recall needing to remove the batteries to turn something off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

(The bunny keeps coming and coming and coming.)

You're saying, he breeds like .. himself?

Edited by Darth Fluffy
Changed response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

(The bunny keeps coming and coming and coming.)

You're saying, he breeds like .. himself?

Duracell_Hase.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Yes, Energizer Bunny vibrators! When do we start production?

If it didn't started years ago, the vibrators makers are sleeping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 6:53 PM, mlooney said:

Pizza is not junk food.  True Story. My priest said that a cheese pizza, in moderation, was a fine thing to eat during Lent.

It all depends on your definition of junk food, and how the pizza is made. Personally, I only use the term to refer to unhealthy food that is eaten as a snack or otherwise not as part of a meal; if it is usually eaten as a meal (or as part of a meal) I don't count it as junk food. Also, at it's simplest, pizza is bread, tomato sauce, and cheese: not inherently unhealthy, if not exactly a complete nutritionally balanced meal (the right toppings can correct for that). On the other hand, pizzas often have so much salt and fat that they don't count as healthy, so I can see why someone might call them junk food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
On 2/20/2020 at 0:53 AM, mlooney said:

Pizza is not junk food.  True Story. My priest said that a cheese pizza, in moderation, was a fine thing to eat during Lent.

It all depends on your definition of junk food, and how the pizza is made. Personally, I only use the term to refer to unhealthy food that is eaten as a snack or otherwise not as part of a meal; if it is usually eaten as a meal (or as part of a meal) I don't count it as junk food. Also, at it's simplest, pizza is bread, tomato sauce, and cheese: not inherently unhealthy, if not exactly a complete nutritionally balanced meal (the right toppings can correct for that). On the other hand, pizzas often have so much salt and fat that they don't count as healthy, so I can see why someone might call them junk food.

Pizza is, similarly to sandwich, a category of food and not a specific food. Even "burger" may be seen as category, although generally when you say just burger you mean hamburger, meaning burger with beef. The actual healthiness depends on quality of ingredients (you can lower quality of pizza a lot simply by replacing tomato sauce with ketchup for example ; one pizza like that convinced me that pizzas are not good for at least 10 years) and, as you said, toppings, or in case of sandwich what you put inside it.

So, while pizza doesn't NEED to be junk food, it's quite likely the teenagers will order a junk food version of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now