• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
hkmaly

NP Wednesday, Feb 19, 2020

https://www.egscomics.com/egsnp/parable-070

Rhoda should also explain she's new to dating as well, as I'm not sure Catalina realized that. Although maybe she did, she IS observant.

Carriage-wrecks definitely would be a thing, just in different sense. In case of cars, most accidents are caused by cars either crashing into each other or crashing to somewhere else due to avoiding crashing into other car. In case of carriages, I would assume most accidents would be due to bad quality of roads ; stuff like broken wheel would be quite common, or sliding down from road.Or, failing to brake when riding downhill (which would be likely the example most matching this situation).

Note also that while the speeds involved wouldn't be as big as with cars, carriages likely didn't need that much to turn into wreck.

41 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Rhoda, there is a reason why you were not supposed to go out on your own

Admittedly, the guy who recruited you didn't explain the reason very well and the hero of the story encouraged you to disregard him

BUT THERE IS A REASON

Yes, all of this.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Rhoda, there is a reason why you were not supposed to go out on your own

Admittedly, the guy who recruited you didn't explain the reason very well and the hero of the story encouraged you to disregard him

BUT THERE IS A REASON

Yeah. She's lucky she met Catalina, her ability to use hammer notwithstanding.

Note that hero of the story not only encouraged Rhoda to disregard him, but also gave Rhoda enough money she would be attractive target for thieves and bandits (if there are any left).

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Note that hero of the story not only encouraged Rhoda to disregard him, but also gave Rhoda enough money she would be attractive target for thieves and bandits (if there are any left).

There were 3 potential hoodlums planning on taking advantage of Rhoda, up until they overheard her mention her proficiency with large hammers. So she can still be a deterrent without realizing it.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There were 3 potential hoodlums planning on taking advantage of Rhoda, up until they overheard her mention her proficiency with large hammers. So she can still be a deterrent without realizing it.

That was good luck, I wouldn't rely on that. She could easily meet someone who would notice she is inexperienced and has money without hearing that bit about hammer.