• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Story, Mon 24 Feb 2020

Here is.

As I suspected, Diane has a fairly narrow view of Nerdy.  And I do note that she adds "and looks down on people that don't know what they know".  Which is a telling addition.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am curious as to how the comic shop manager, the online movie reviewers, and the self-taught mad scientist who claims to be working for a secret government operation are not nerds

Considering the epic slapfights between Tedd and Susan in regards to sci-fi stuff, both can be very nerdy. Also, Justin is not immune. But Diane's probably thinking of more extreme cases like Rich and Larry.

Dan even confirmed that Diane treated Charlotte as one of the bad nerds until Charlotte saved her life, so my guess is the reason Diane doesn't think Justin, Susan, Nanase, etc are nerds is because they've shown themselves to be selfless and cool.

Also, why I think Diane treated Charlotte that way was because her state of mind at the time was too focused on Elliot, and she went into jerk mode when Charlotte questioned it.  Earlier that night though, the two of them seemed to get along well enough and were pretty in sync when it came to theorizing how Fox worked.

15 hours ago, mlooney said:

As I suspected, Diane has a fairly narrow view of Nerdy.  And I do note that she adds "and looks down on people that don't know what they know".  Which is a telling addition.

Apparently, Charlotte was NOT the one who helped her define it.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am curious as to how the comic shop manager, the online movie reviewers, and the self-taught mad scientist who claims to be working for a secret government operation are not nerds

Today's page was supposed to explain that. Oh, and the self taught mad scientist IS working for a secret government operation, Arthur Arthur officially hired her.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Considering the epic slapfights between Tedd and Susan in regards to sci-fi stuff, both can be very nerdy. Also, Justin is not immune. But Diane's probably thinking of more extreme cases like Rich and Larry.

While it's possible that Rich and Larry are nerds, they didn't actually SHOWN it in comics, not counting the fact they were present at comic shop multiple times.