• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Friday February 28, 2020

19 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Strangely enough, I know of no standardized vows outside a legal court that require accuracy

Thinking about standardized stuff about accuracy, only think I'm remembering is "one shot, one kill", and that's not wow, that's bragging.

21 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And as for legendary bard/minstrel types, how did Dan forget about Alan-a-Dale?

Easy. Remember that there is no wizard named Harry in Robin Hood. :)

(Also, I must've looked who it was. I did saw several versions of Robin Hood, I'm not sure how many of them included the bard but apparently none of them show it prominently enough for me to remember.)

BTW, Dandelion and Jaskier are not two versions of that name. Jaskier is original Polish, Dandelion is English translation. BAD English translation. Should've been Ranunculus.

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I did saw several versions of Robin Hood, I'm not sure how many of them included the bard but apparently none of them show it prominently enough for me to remember.)

How about the performance of King-of-the-Road Roger Miller in the role in Disney's classic treatment?

31 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I did saw several versions of Robin Hood, I'm not sure how many of them included the bard but apparently none of them show it prominently enough for me to remember.)

How about the performance of King-of-the-Road Roger Miller in the role in Disney's classic treatment?

... I don't think I saw this one, and, frankly, would probably skip it as something not looking as worth watching based on the kind of description which would appear in TV listing.

(Note: I saw at least these three: 2010, Prince of Thieves and Men in Tights. Also, at least one series, but not sure which one, it was long ago. I think I might see some of The New Adventures of, but unless that's the one I think of (which is unlikely as it seem too new for it) I probably saw just few episodes.)

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... I don't think I saw this one, and, frankly, would probably skip it as something not looking as worth watching based on the kind of description which would appear in TV listing.

(Note: I saw at least these three: 2010, Prince of Thieves and Men in Tights. Also, at least one series, but not sure which one, it was long ago. I think I might see some of The New Adventures of, but unless that's the one I think of (which is unlikely as it seem too new for it) I probably saw just few episodes.)

Although Disney cartoon fare, it isn't bad, and Roger Miller's singing and voice acting definitely stand out. Trivia: the tune for the Hamster Dance from the earlier days of the Internet was lifted from this film.

Many folks dislike Kevin Costner movies, but I found Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves enjoyable.

Here's the full list. This b&w one with Errol Flynn is a classic.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think I saw this one, and, frankly, would probably skip it as something not looking as worth watching based on the kind of description which would appear in TV listing.

This was the first Disney animated feature produced entirely after Walt Disney's head was put on ice...

Ok, if you didn't see the Disney version, you probably caught Geordi as Alan-a-Dale in the TNG Episode "Qpid" where he tried to perform The Riddle Song on a mandolin only to be interrupted by Will Scarlet as portrayed by Lieutenant I-Am-NOT-A-Merry-Man Worf

Or maybe you saw the Third Season episode of The Muppet Show where Lynn Redgrave played Maid Marion to Kermit's Robin Hood while the story was narrated by Scooter as Alan-a-Dale

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or maybe you saw the Third Season episode of The Muppet Show where Lynn Redgrave played Maid Marion to Kermit's Robin Hood while the story was narrated by Scooter as Alan-a-Dale

The 70's were a magical time.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ok, if you didn't see the Disney version, you probably caught Geordi as Alan-a-Dale in the TNG Episode "Qpid" where he tried to perform The Riddle Song on a mandolin only to be interrupted by Will Scarlet as portrayed by Lieutenant I-Am-NOT-A-Merry-Man Worf

I sure saw that but I wouldn't say his performance was that legendary :)

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Definitely not.

13 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Many folks dislike Kevin Costner movies, but I found Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves enjoyable.

Well it was before Waterworld.

13 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

That wouldn't help. There probably is something which would remind me which series it was, but I wouldn't know it without seeing it - ... waaaaait ... this seem familiar ... like, I totally don't remember the face of that Robin but unless that scene with fighting on tree in front of waterfall is something every movie about Robin Hood has, then maybe ...

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well it was before Waterworld.

I liked Waterworld, and the much panned Postman.

In that case, I'm not sure why you singled Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Apparently, the reason most people dislike Kevin Costner doesn't apply to you.