• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

2/29/20 - C.R.A.S.H. Rhino Filler and Contest Reminder

CRASHRhinosFiller.png

http://TheHeroesOfCRASH.com

Every school needs a mascot... even superhero schools!

Due to some scheduling issues (and a little writer's block on how to frame the next part of the story), I've got a filler up this week. For some time now, I've been wracking my brain trying to think of a good mascot/logo for C.R.A.S.H. Previously, I considered mythological creatures - a basilisk was my top one, except rather than looking like a serpent like in Harry Potter, I'd take a page from mythology and have it look like a chicken-dragon (which seems funnier to me).

However, more recently, another thought came to mind. A group of rhinos is called a "crash", so what would represent C.R.A.S.H. better than a rhino? I wound up doodling several versions of the logo in my pocket sketchbook; I'm pretty pleased with the final result.

Of course, if a school has a mascot, there has to be someone in a foam mascot outfit. I haven't decided who's in the Crush costume... or how well they can see out of that foam rhino-head. Part of me wants the suit to have practical superhero tech beneath the surface, with micro-cameras so the person inside can see out, and magnets in the clenched fists so they can pick things up. On the other hand, having their vision blocked by the horn and being unable to pick anything up with the suit's fingers fused together would be a lot funnier...!

To make it clear that Crush is a foam costume and not a real super-rhino, I obviously show a human neck... but I also adjusted Crush's anatomy to have rounded muscles, unlike my heroes' more angular physiques. His teeth also look different from any other character's teeth.

ContestRulesAsOf2017.png

Before I go, one last reminder: I have my contest going on! Send me some art or a game avatar based on my heroes for a sweet prize! For details, visit http://theheroesofcrash.com/ContestRulesAnStuffPage.htm, but don't wait too long! The contest ends May 19th!