• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Monday, March 9, 2020

I'm glad to see Susan come out of her shell.  Even if she is more or less quoting Catalina.  The nice thing, so to speak, about "Jackass" is it's non-gendered.  Well, sorta, it literally means "male donkey" but that is not common knowledge.  You never hear any one calling any one "Jennyass" which would be the female version. 

Just now, mlooney said:

I'm glad to see Susan come out of her shell.  Even if she is more or less quoting Catalina.  The nice thing, so to speak, about "Jackass" is it's non-gendered.  Well, sorta, it literally means "male donkey" but that is not common knowledge.  You never hear any one calling any one "Jennyass" which would be the female version. 

I wanna say that "Bitch" would be the female equivalent to "Jackass", but there seems to be more baggage associated with that term, case in point, Dan's been using "Jackass" pretty freely, but rarely uses "Bitch" and the one time that comes to mind had Nanase refer to Susan as a "Biz-atch", which might be indicative of how comfortable Dan is using that word.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

I wanna say that "Bitch" would be the female equivalent to "Jackass", but there seems to be more baggage associated with that term, case in point, Dan's been using "Jackass" pretty freely, but rarely uses "Bitch" and the one time that comes to mind had Nanase refer to Susan as a "Biz-atch", which might be indicative of how comfortable Dan is using that word.

I was with a real bitch yesterday. She was demanding to be petted, licking my hand, wagging her tail, staring at me with her big eyes. If I took a break, she got up and rested her front paws on my legs and gave me a "You know you're not done." look.

Of course

Susan did not actually want to be at the party, but was invited and felt obligated

Catalina had not been invited, but she and Rhoda would likely have been intrigued by the premise of a "Reveal-Your-Magic" Party

By performing this action, Susan can distance her own self from the party while remaining present and allowing Catalina to attend by proxy

21 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/party-131

Nanase is mostly immune from mansplaining.

She implies it's due to her boobs, but it's actually due to her confidence.

... not that those boobs would hurt.

I mean, anything else than Nanase's spine. I'm quite sure her magic is reinforcing her spine, and if it isn't she should start looking into how to make it.

(Meanwhile, in Ellen's case I'm completely sure.)

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Of course

Susan did not actually want to be at the party, but was invited and felt obligated

Catalina had not been invited, but she and Rhoda would likely have been intrigued by the premise of a "Reveal-Your-Magic" Party

I'm not sure if Catalina and Rhoda would actually go to such party. They know SOME of main eight but not all and possibly not enough to risk revealing their magic to them.

... and it's good thing they won't, as Edward would certainly found out about them then.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

By performing this action, Susan can distance her own self from the party while remaining present and allowing Catalina to attend by proxy

I wonder if someone else realizes who she had it from.

10 hours ago, ijuin said:

I think that the character we know who most fits Diane’s description would be Rich.

From the ones we know, probably. But I think he's not THAT typical in this regard, it's just that the list of jackasses from EGS we know is quite limited.