• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Wednesday, Mar 11, 2020

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/party-132

I'm pretty sure Ashley didn't choose the "mousey girl" label, though. Do you think Diane remembers her name? ... she did had problems with remembering Justin's name after knowing him for years ...

Isn't there something like dyslexia but for remembering?

Also there are obvious differences between Ashley and Rhoda. Like, Ashley is a wizard, while Rhoda actually have magic talent.

... obvious for griffin, I meant. :)

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also there are obvious differences between Ashley and Rhoda. Like, Ashley is a wizard, while Rhoda actually have magic talent.

Diane doesn't know that either of them have any magic potential, she can assume Ashley does by her association with the other maybe, but no one has told her anything yet.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... obvious for griffin, I meant.

Tara didn't say anything about Ashley being a wizard, unless you mean she might say something about it when they return? Considering the meeting is going to take place back in the woods again, I'd be surprised if more than just Elliot and Nanase (as fairy) went back there.

Just now, mlooney said:

And Diane was doing so well, but had to call out Ashley like that.

She's not wrong though, we see that Ashley reminded Diane of Rhoda there, but Diane knows that Rhoda is capable of speaking up. Maybe Diane doesn't feel like she was the one that helped Rhoda get like that so she's trying to convey that better with Ashley?

15 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... obvious for griffin, I meant.

Tara didn't say anything about Ashley being a wizard, unless you mean she might say something about it when they return? Considering the meeting is going to take place back in the woods again, I'd be surprised if more than just Elliot and Nanase (as fairy) went back there.

Ashley wasn't wizard back then.

I think she would notice if she saw her now, and it's not important if she actually will or won't see Ashley OR Rhoda for my claim that the difference would be obvious for her.

And I think we have more characters with experience in going through woods. Nanase already commented she and Ellen were all over those woods when hunting the lockpicking gorilla and Susan, Sarah and Grace didn't knew they can find the cave with Jerry's Hammer by official park trail.

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Ashley wasn't wizard back then.

I think she would notice if she saw her now, and it's not important if she actually will or won't see Ashley OR Rhoda for my claim that the difference would be obvious for her.

And I think we have more characters with experience in going through woods. Nanase already commented she and Ellen were all over those woods when hunting the lockpicking gorilla and Susan, Sarah and Grace didn't knew they can find the cave with Jerry's Hammer by official park trail.

I think Tara would have to actively be looking, like she would have done so when she first met Ashley and the others because she'd want to assess any potential threat in case they turned out to be lying. It's unlikely that Tara would have any need to give Ashley another look, if anything, should Susan attend the next meeting, Tara might look at her if Tara happened to have a moment of confusion like "wait, she looks like the girl from before that had the potential to be a vampire hunter....but this one has unlocked that potential..."

As for Ellen and Nanase having been through the woods before, note how rough they looked after the fact (panel 3). And for Grace, Sarah and Susan? They weren't in the same forest, heck, they might not have been in the same state considering it took 8 hours to get to the place. We don't really get a good look at the area Elliot was going through, but I'd imagine that the was more overgrowth, downed trees, maybe some wild grape vines, like this:

Vitis-riparia-wardsville-frm-1.jpg

But there's no way that Dan would draw something like that so he has to make the character comment on how rough it is going through it.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think Tara would have to actively be looking, like she would have done so when she first met Ashley and the others because she'd want to assess any potential threat in case they turned out to be lying. It's unlikely that Tara would have any need to give Ashley another look, if anything, should Susan attend the next meeting, Tara might look at her if Tara happened to have a moment of confusion like "wait, she looks like the girl from before that had the potential to be a vampire hunter....but this one has unlocked that potential..."

Hard to say.

She may have it (aura vision?) always on ... or, like, maybe she would have problem distinguishing humans from each other without it.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

As for Ellen and Nanase having been through the woods before, note how rough they looked after the fact (panel 3).

But did they look so rough because of going through the woods, which is normally not such a difficult thing to do, or because of apprehending the gorilla?

Or maybe they were going through those wood RUSHING. Like if they saw the gorilla and tried to run to it - that's generally worse than just going through.

And for Grace, Sarah and Susan? They weren't in the same forest, heck, they might not have been in the same state considering it took 8 hours to get to the place.

Sure it was different forest, but it MIGHT been similarly hard to go through.

We don't really get a good look at the area Elliot was going through, but I'd imagine that the was more overgrowth, downed trees, maybe some wild grape vines, like this:

But there's no way that Dan would draw something like that so he has to make the character comment on how rough it is going through it.

We got this view AND comment. On the other hand, Elliot DID get through. Even if flying would be needed, that still leaves Grace and Nanase, and that's assuming noone else got flight since then. Or other means how to be there.

Back to first hand, Nanase might not consider NECESSARY to be there personally instead of as a fairy.

... hmmm ... thinking about it, Grace can get there as squirrel. She has probably more experience going through woods as squirrel than anyone else doing it as human AND squirrel is smaller. So yes, it would totally make sense for the group meeting griffins to consist of Elliot, Grace and two fairies, Nanase and Susan.

BTW, that forest you linked? I went through worse multiple times. But, like, I guess I have more than average experience in this regard ...

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

We got this view AND comment. On the other hand, Elliot DID get through. Even if flying would be needed, that still leaves Grace and Nanase, and that's assuming noone else got flight since then. Or other means how to be there.

Flying means they could probably come in from above and skip a lot of groundcover, but Tara and Andrea weren't flying, presumably because they felt that going through the woods would make it harder to spot. Sure now that Elliot has the location bookmarked (as long as they have their phone in their pocket when they transform) they could just fly straight in.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Flying means they could probably come in from above and skip a lot of groundcover, but Tara and Andrea weren't flying, presumably because they felt that going through the woods would make it harder to spot. Sure now that Elliot has the location bookmarked (as long as they have their phone in their pocket when they transform) they could just fly straight in.

Full flying is definitely somewhat conspicuous, and that's what the Griffin would need to do. There wouldn't be enough place for wings in the forest, they would need to go above. Elliot and Grace (and Nanase) don't really fly, they hover. They can do it while still UNDER the tree tops.