• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story Thur March 19 2020

And Tedd was worrying she's already revealed ... although, that question was dangerously close.

Based on commentary, was Dan affected by coronavirus? Like, not catch it, probably, but maybe city he's in did something to limit spread?

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

"Gender Casual"  I like that term, but I still think "Gender Meh" fits better.

Definitely.

Just now, hkmaly said:

And Tedd was worrying she's already revealed ... although, that question was dangerously close.

If Diane knows that Tedd's transformed as well, it's likely she's not calling her out because she could tell how anxious Tedd was when they first met. Elliot, however, is fair game because they've already transformed in front of everyone and has been pretty casual about being female.

But yeah, Tedd was worried about being discovered, though it shouldn't be that big a deal really, maybe part of it was Tedd thinking "she knows what genderfluid means too?" cus it does seem like the number of people that seem to know about it is getting bigger.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Based on commentary, was Dan affected by coronavirus? Like, not catch it, probably, but maybe city he's in did something to limit spread?

Everyone is affected by it, even if there aren't any cases where Dan is yet, the closures, restricted access to some things, and the general stupidity of the public refusing to stay calm and instead rush out to stores and stock up like it's the apocalypse or line up at clinics because they think that even though they don't have any symptoms, they might still be infected (please, if you feel fine, don't ask to be tested), would have anyone anxious about things (I know I'm worried that if I went to the store to get something, I'd get the urge to smack someone trying to clear a shelf). Plus that whole bit with the gas leak threw him off too.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Diane's comment makes me think that she has at some time enjoyed making live boys act like the goofy men in Tex Avery cartoons when they see any attractive woman

I think that's a given, at least the pre "Legend of Diane" version of Diane.

17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think at this point most if not all of the US is doing things to limit it's spread, though how severe the efforts are vary by state and city.

In my area, restaurants may no longer allow people to eat at them; it's all drive-through, delivery, or in some case "order ahead then we'll bring it out to your car". My bank has gone drive-through only as well, and the libraries, churches, and local theater are closed. And I live in the backwoods of Maine (there haven't even been any confirmed cases in my county yet, though the state as a whole does have 42 at this point).

14 hours ago, Scotty said:

If Diane knows that Tedd's transformed as well, it's likely she's not calling her out because she could tell how anxious Tedd was when they first met. Elliot, however, is fair game because they've already transformed in front of everyone and has been pretty casual about being female.

If not now, few more moments like this and she realizes it.

But you're right, she's unlikely to calling her out.

Everyone is affected by it, even if there aren't any cases where Dan is yet, the closures, restricted access to some things, and the general stupidity of the public refusing to stay calm and instead rush out to stores

Good point, there would be very few countries not affected yet and US definitely wouldn't be one ...

22 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I think at this point most if not all of the US is doing things to limit it's spread, though how severe the efforts are vary by state and city.

In my area, restaurants may no longer allow people to eat at them; it's all drive-through, delivery, or in some case "order ahead then we'll bring it out to your car". My bank has gone drive-through only as well, and the libraries and local theater are closed. And I live in the backwoods of Maine (there haven't even been any confirmed cases in my county yet, though the state as a whole does have 42 at this point).

... so confirmed.

and stock up like it's the apocalypse

It's closest to apocalypse from everything they lived through.

or line up at clinics because they think that even though they don't have any symptoms, they might still be infected (please, if you feel fine, don't ask to be tested)

Well, they MAY be infected. It's just ... the test will not be reliable in such case anyway ... and better to assume you are infected anyway, not like you can get tested every hour - and you can be INFECTED every hour.

would have anyone anxious about things (I know I'm worried that if I went to the store to get something, I'd get the urge to smack someone trying to clear a shelf).

:)

Plus that whole bit with the gas leak threw him off too.

Definitely. However not enough to tell us what happened :)

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Diane's comment makes me think that she has at some time enjoyed making live boys act like the goofy men in Tex Avery cartoons when they see any attractive woman

I'm not surprised.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But real men are not cartoon characters, right?

No, real men can't let their lower jaw fall all the way to the ground, they won't get steam coming from their ears and they're eyes probably stay in their sockets.

I think that would be all differences, or did I forgot some? :)

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

I don't recall it being like this when SARS or H1N1 were making the rounds, but then I don't recall certain organizations being this disorganized either.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:
4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't recall it being like this when SARS or H1N1 were making the rounds, but then I don't recall certain organizations being this disorganized either.

There were just 8000 people infected by SARS. H1N1 still has more, but at no point anyone feared 70% of people will catch it. I guess future will tell if it was disorganization or if it's really that much more dangerous.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:
On 3/19/2020 at 6:54 AM, Scotty said:

or line up at clinics because they think that even though they don't have any symptoms, they might still be infected (please, if you feel fine, don't ask to be tested)

Well, they MAY be infected. It's just ... the test will not be reliable in such case anyway ... and better to assume you are infected anyway, not like you can get tested every hour - and you can be INFECTED every hour.

If you think you might be infected, but aren't sure, going to stand in line for testing with a  bunch of other people who think they might be infected would significantly increase the chances that you ARE, wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

I don't feel fine.  But on the other hand, I feel like this every freaking year about this time, so I'm staying home and not going out.  If I feel worse, and by worse I mean a whole lot more coughing and a real fever I might go to the clinic and be tested.   Might.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

If you think you might be infected, but aren't sure, going to stand in line for testing with a  bunch of other people who think they might be infected would significantly increase the chances that you ARE, wouldn't it?

Not if it's drive-in testing and you have filters on air-conditioning.

If it's just people and they don't even keep the 4m distance, definitely.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Interesting. We are being told "six feet", essentially two meters.

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
On 3/21/2020 at 1:36 AM, hkmaly said:

Interesting. We are being told "six feet", essentially two meters.

Depends on how much your government care about you :)

... wait, our government also recommends two meters, where did I read that more careful value? Right. China. Retracted. Hmmmmm ... Cui bono?

54 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... wait, our government also recommends two meters, where did I read that more careful value? Right. China. Retracted. Hmmmmm ... Cui bono?

Trump's just figuring out, "Hey, maybe this is serious."

Who's this Cui guy? I remember Sonny. A handful of catchy songs, Cher dumped him, did some politics, then wrapped himself around a tree while skiing. :P

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:
59 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Trump's just figuring out, "Hey, maybe this is serious."

Who's this Cui guy? I remember Sonny. A handful of catchy songs, Cher dumped him, did some politics, then wrapped himself around a tree while skiing. :P

Just to be sure: Cui bono. Although based on the smile I assume you know.