• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

April Fools Filler 3/28/20 - Nite Stick and Ms. Rocket

Looks like Cannon's prank was FOILED this time!

It's that time of year again: April Fools' Day! Every year, Cannon likes to prank other webcomic characters, usually behind the scenes. This time, he's decided to prank TWO characters: the title characters of Nite Stick and The Adventures of Ms. Rocket! However, it seems that two pranks may be too many, as his plan may have backfired on him just a bit... Usually, Cannon gets away with his April Fools pranks without any sort of comeuppance, but I suppose he just bit off more than he could chew.

While Nite Stick and Ms. Rocket take center stage in this filler, I couldn't resist giving a subtle shout-out to two other comics from the Collective of Heroes: Shane Rivett's Heroes of the World and Beyond (Or "HOTWAB") and Corey Kramer's Wonder Weenies!

As this comic is non-canonical and happens "behind the scenes" of making a webcomic, the first panel contains a sign pointing to the HOTWAB set in the background, right next to the sign for the Collective of Heroes Webcomic Studios. The building in the final panel has a sign with a Wonder Weenies logo. It was going to be a window, but I forgot to put highlights on the window, so now it's a blue sign. That's what I'm going with.

I've had a version of this gag floating in my head for YEARS, only with Belt Boy on a flying invention and smashing into a billboard (But still singing the theme to "The Greatest American Hero" with the tweaked ending). I initially figured I'd have Cannon prank Ms. Rocket, then brought my old gag idea into it while brainstorming, then finally added Nite Stick's staff to kick the comedy up a notch, making it into a twofer prank. It's kinda neat how my joke evolved.

Many thanks to Michael VanSlyke and David Fleming for the use of their characters, and a shout out to Shane Rivett and Corey Kramer. You can check out ALL their comics by clicking the Collective of Heroes button at the top of my main page!

Don’t forget, I still have my birthday contest going on, and I want to see some fan art for my birthday!

ContestRulesAsOf2017.png