• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Thur 2 April 2020

If the mystery figure said "pig" in a place where most native speakers would say "hog" that would imply that the mystery figure is from a distant place or a sheltered background and thus has knowledge of the language but not necessarily intimate familiarity

If this figure is not the game paralel to Noah, then Dan seems to be making an effort to mislead us down that path of expectation

If the figure is NOT the game paralel to Noah, and is not a generic character (possibly another monk) then I am guessing that this is the game paralel to Grace

11 hours ago, ijuin said:

Perhaps he meant "Glory hog"?

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If the mystery figure said "pig" in a place where most native speakers would say "hog" that would imply that the mystery figure is from a distant place or a sheltered background and thus has knowledge of the language but not necessarily intimate familiarity

Yeah this is another strong clue towards this character being Noah.

If this figure is not the game paralel to Noah, then Dan seems to be making an effort to mislead us down that path of expectation

Dan's hasn't been afraid of throwing fish at us before.

If the figure is NOT the game paralel to Noah, and is not a generic character (possibly another monk) then I am guessing that this is the game paralel to Grace

I'd have figured Grace would have gotten past the "corn that isn't corn" stage by now, but it's possible.

Just now, mlooney said:

Pig or hog aside, why would what seem to be a bad guy care which of the heroes was attacking it?

Might still not be a bad guy, maybe they are the Hero of Magic or Skill (ranged), but maybe they're jealous that Susan's basically been given the title of "Main Hero" or whatever. Even Susan complained earlier that hammers were her thing when she was told that she would recruit a hammer wielding hero, this character could be of the type that believes they should be greater than the role they were given. I guess that kind of thinking could lead to villainous behaviour, but from a storytelling perspective, the idea of a character with an attitude that softens over time isn't a new even in EGS.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Might still not be a bad guy, maybe they are the Hero of Magic or Skill (ranged), but maybe they're jealous that Susan's basically been given the title of "Main Hero" or whatever. Even Susan complained earlier that hammers were her thing when she was told that she would recruit a hammer wielding hero, this character could be of the type that believes they should be greater than the role they were given. I guess that kind of thinking could lead to villainous behaviour, but from a storytelling perspective, the idea of a character with an attitude that softens over time isn't a new even in EGS.

Well, they better stop acting like a villain pretty quick or they are going to be blasted into the wall.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, they better stop acting like a villain pretty quick or they are going to be blasted into the wall.

... you're getting interested in the story ...

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Grace pretty much lost the "totally naive" thing over the June-December timeskip.

Yeah, she went whole pig on catching up, no?

23 hours ago, mlooney said:

Pig or hog aside, why would what seem to be a bad guy care which of the heroes was attacking it?

Judging from the emphasis (Why aren't you the Hero of Melee?) I'd say that it's more a general question - not "Why is the HoM not chasing me?" but "Why aren't you the HoM at all?"

To that I say, the reason is obvious - there's the Hero of Melee, the Hero of Magic, Hero of Skill (ranged), and then there's the Hero at the Heart, whose role it is to bring them all together and lead them.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:48 PM, Scotty said:
On 4/3/2020 at 10:33 AM, ijuin said:

Perhaps he meant "Glory hog"?

On 4/3/2020 at 4:03 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Yeah this is another strong clue towards this character being Noah.

Oh, so THAT what the "glory pig" was supposed to be.

On 4/3/2020 at 5:31 PM, Scotty said:
On 4/3/2020 at 5:11 PM, mlooney said:

I wouldn't be that much surprised if it not only lead to villainous behaviour, but that he would somehow be convinced to switch sides back to good just because Susan would defeat him.

On 4/3/2020 at 5:33 PM, mlooney said:

Surprisingly, Susan seem to be LESS likely to attack him because he asked.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:41 PM, mlooney said:
On 4/3/2020 at 10:15 PM, Darth Fluffy said:

... you're getting interested in the story ...

Well, yeah, it's main plot now...

Or it better be, or I shall be most cross.

Nah, it's still NP :)

15 hours ago, ijuin said:
On 4/3/2020 at 4:48 PM, Scotty said:

I'd have figured Grace would have gotten past the "corn that isn't corn" stage by now, but it's possible.

Grace pretty much lost the "totally naive" thing over the June-December timeskip.

Well it was relatively long time, she is likely to have some progress during it.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
On 4/3/2020 at 3:41 PM, mlooney said:

I meant with in the context of this NP story line.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:
On 4/3/2020 at 10:41 PM, mlooney said:

I meant with in the context of this NP story line.

That's possible. However, it certainly doesn't seem to be main plot of the game.

(Well ... ok, that's cheating, it's only certain because I already read next strip ...)