• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Sketchbook April 6 2020

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I like this one. 9 out of 10

The first impression is great. If you look at it too long, you might notice jarring details. The cup is too small (or is she a giant? No, the seat looks normal). That appears to be smaller than anything I've seen sold. Her left boob is misshapen, there is a bulge pointing skyward toward above the cup, at about two o'clock. It does not lay right, should be more like four o'clock. The leggings; well perhaps remnants of transformed pants, so they at a pass, until she stands up. The hair, too massive, it's still expanding as it flows off behind the arm of the couch. The degrees of upper and lower skimpification are inconsistent. But, maybe, 'reasons'.

Granted, there are many of Dan's comics that are less realistic, but they come with more of a buy-in to some mechanism, that in context makes sense. This, as a one off, appears to have one transformative element, and it does not justify the anomalies.

I agree with your first impression, though.

42 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The first impression is great. If you look at it too long, you might notice jarring details. The cup is too small (or is she a giant? No, the seat looks normal). That appears to be smaller than anything I've seen sold. Her left boob is misshapen, there is a bulge pointing skyward toward above the cup, at about two o'clock. It does not lay right, should be more like four o'clock. The leggings; well perhaps remnants of transformed pants, so they at a pass, until she stands up. The hair, too massive, it's still expanding as it flows off behind the arm of the couch. The degrees of upper and lower skimpification are inconsistent. But, maybe, 'reasons'.

Granted, there are many of Dan's comics that are less realistic, but they come with more of a buy-in to some mechanism, that in context makes sense. This, as a one off, appears to have one transformative element, and it does not justify the anomalies.

I agree with your first impression, though.

A lot of what you see could be the result of the perspective we're given, as in the viewer is looking up from the floor. So her boobs might look differently than they would if we were looking from above or at an even level.

Doing a search of common coffee cup sizes, it seems like they'd range from 4oz to 32oz. Considering we know magic tea has cumulative effects, I would not be surprised if the Tea Shop would sell a 4oz cup for people that would only like minor changes. Sarah either has a 6oz cup or an 8oz cup in her hand and the first cup she drank probably gave her the equivalent of an FV5 figure, and this second cup is like if Ellen had zapped herself, of course I don't think the resize ability of Ellen's beam would do to her clothes what the tea is doing to Sarah's.

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The leggings; well perhaps remnants of transformed pants, so they at a pass, until she stands up.

Looking at picture, I though they are simply pants which got too small to stay on original place. But ok, let's assume leggings.

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The degrees of upper and lower skimpification are inconsistent.

That depends on how her clothes looked originally.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

A lot of what you see could be the result of the perspective we're given, as in the viewer is looking up from the floor. So her boobs might look differently than they would if we were looking from above or at an even level.

Hopefully it's that ...

58 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Looking at picture, I though they are simply pants which got too small to stay on original place. But ok, let's assume leggings.

That depends on how her clothes looked originally.

Hopefully it's that ...

Hmm, you think they are still connected as pants, then I'd have to revisit the giganticism angle, now the cup works, but the couch should be smaller. I guess it's better. Also, the panties make sense now. But why did only the pants not grow with her?

8 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Hmm, you think they are still connected as pants, then I'd have to revisit the giganticism angle, now the cup works, but the couch should be smaller. I guess it's better. Also, the panties make sense now. But why did only the pants not grow with her?

What gigantism? I just though the pants shrunk.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Within my take on Dan's magic paradigm, that seems weird, but not impossible. Tea should be affecting the imbiber more directly, not just adjusting accoutrements, and a rather specific one; why not the panties as well? How smart is the frickin' tea that it can distinguish that?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

... I would not be surprised if the Tea Shop would sell a 4oz cup ...

Sarah either has a 6oz cup or an 8oz cup in her hand ...

Also in regard to giganticism, it looked smaller than a four oz cup to me, although, to be fair, I generally don't see cups with less than six oz capacity.

Looking on a commercial restaurant supply website, you can get cups down to 4 oz, and they look tiny. I am recalling where I've seen ones that small, coffee sample machines. But you are right, the one in her hand could be four oz. Oh, this I didn't know, you can get lids for paper four oz coffee cups. Will wonders never cease?

It's been ages since I had one in my hand, but I think I recall the four oz cups being small enough that you could not fully grip it with four fingers, your pinky would curl under. If that's the case, she's holding a six oz (if she's normal size).

Revised assessment, the cup is not a problem, and now I want to get some smaller cups and look at them in hands.

11 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:
45 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Within my take on Dan's magic paradigm, that seems weird, but not impossible. Tea should be affecting the imbiber more directly, not just adjusting accoutrements, and a rather specific one; why not the panties as well? How smart is the frickin' tea that it can distinguish that?

Wouldn't turning pants to leggings be even MORE specific?

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Not too long ago I was dressing in the dark and grabbed the wrong, that is an old, pair of pants out of the closet

I do not look as cute wearing pants that do not fit properly

... does this have something to do with why classic Disney characters like Mickey and Donald wear only a few items, not full outfits? Couldn't find stuff that fit themselves?

It is odd that Goofy is the one that knows how to dress himself.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
Added a line

18 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It is odd that Goofy is the one that knows how to dress himself.

Don't the escaped convicts dogs dress fully?  I could be wrong but I seem to recall that they do.  Granted it's in prison outfits, not normal closes.  And are the Rescue Rangers Disney?  Because the chipmunks dress themselves.

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Don't the escaped convicts dogs dress fully?  ...  Granted it's in prison outfits, not normal closes.  And are the Rescue Rangers Disney?  Because the chipmunks dress themselves.

The Beagle Boys do dress, but as you said, only in prison uniforms
Why this doesn't make them easy to spot and re-apprehend is something that continues to puzzle me

As for the rescue rangers?  As with Donald, the males generally don't wear pants

5 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for the rescue rangers?  As with Donald, the males generally don't wear pants

Yeah, I just did a google image search on them.  For some reason I thought they wore pants.  Of course the girl mouse wears a jumpsuit.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Don't the escaped convicts dogs dress fully?  I could be wrong but I seem to recall that they do.  Granted it's in prison outfits, not normal closes.  And are the Rescue Rangers Disney?  Because the chipmunks dress themselves.

Eh, I did not catalog them all. Rescue Rangers are Disney, Chip and Dale do the Donald thing, Monty wears a full set of clothes, and Gadget wears a jump suit. Chip is definitely the odd one, as he wears a bomber jacket, for protection against cold at altitude; but none of the other characters address this, so it must not be an issue, and wouldn't his legs be cold as well. See, this is what happens when you let rodents fly airplanes, they wear just about anything they damn well please.

Mickey wears clothes when the story calls for it; as the Sorcerer's apprentice, he's fully covered. And Donald gets a pass, fowl wear their gonads on the inside, so he's not showing much either way.

Oh, the sheer irony, Howard is a Disney property too, now, isn't he? The inevitable Donald/Howard crossover hurts my head. At least he knows how to please a woman.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Eh, I did not catalog them all. Rescue Rangers are Disney, Chip and Dale do the Donald thing, Monty wears a full set of clothes, and Gadget wears a jump suit. Chip is definitely the odd one, as he wears a bomber jacket, for protection against cold at altitude; but none of the other characters address this, so it must not be an issue, and wouldn't his legs be cold as well. See, this is what happens when you let rodents fly airplanes, they wear just about anything they damn well please.

latest?cb=20190703224614

Monty certainly looks pantless here.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

latest?cb=20190703224614

Monty certainly looks pantless here.

Can't argue that. I did the same thing you did, Googled Rescue Rangers, and the images I saw looked like he had pants. The shade was lighter that your image. Maybe they edited him?

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The Beagle Boys do dress, but as you said, only in prison uniforms
Why this doesn't make them easy to spot and re-apprehend is something that continues to puzzle me

Maybe it does. I don't think they ever stayed out of prison for long.

7 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Oh, the sheer irony, Howard is a Disney property too, now, isn't he? The inevitable Donald/Howard crossover hurts my head. At least he knows how to please a woman.

Star Wars is Disney too and I didn't noticed any crossovers yet ... they didn't even added Leia Organa to list of princesses yet.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe it does. I don't think they ever stayed out of prison for long.

Star Wars is Disney too and I didn't noticed any crossovers yet ... they didn't even added Leia Organa to list of princesses yet.

Soon, they'll be like Microsoft, very little actual Disney content.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Soon, they'll be like Microsoft, very little actual Disney content.

Are you suggesting that Microsoft will be less of a Mickey Mouse outfit?

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Are you suggesting that Microsoft will be less of a Mickey Mouse outfit?

They haven't lost their shirt yet, so they are not a Mickey Mouse outfit.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

It was really only the 1920s and 30s where Mickey commonly wore the two-button short trousers with no shirt.

I quick scan of Google, "Mickey Mouse", images says this is not the case, there are very many very recent shirtless Mickeys. There is also an archaic one where he's in a band uniform. Maybe he wears a top more frequently in more recent cartoons, some of the dance scenes with Minnie he has a full suit.

It looks like the live Mickey character in the parks wear a top.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

So, speaking of live Mickeys in the parks, one was Mickey ina Jedi robe, next to R2 with Mickey ears.