• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story Monday April 6 2020

Here is.

Looks like Susan didn't know about the not change and Elliot is going to be the one to tell her.  The next question is will this result in Susan and Diane telling their story to the rest of the gang?

43 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Here is.

Looks like Susan didn't know about the not change and Elliot is going to be the one to tell her.  The next question is will this result in Susan and Diane telling their story to the rest of the gang?

Elliot is overreacting, just tell her already.

It seems likely that Susan's question will lead to various bean containers being upended. One showstopper might be, "How much can I share about Mr. Raven without his permission?"

24 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

One showstopper might be, "How much can I share about Mr. Raven without his permission?"

Good point.  Of course all of the people there, other than maybe Ashley, know that he is a wizard.

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

Elliot's reacting based on the fact that Susan had made it clear that she'll tell them about what happened when she's ready, because Elliot is Elliot, she's thinking that bringing up the magic change will leading into that territory and that Susan might feel forced to reveal stuff before she'd ready or that she'll just leave the party. Elliot had made the decision to let Susan open up on her own terms but feels she's in danger of going against that decision.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Elliot's reacting based on the fact that Susan had made it clear that she'll tell them about what happened when she's ready, because Elliot is Elliot, she's thinking that bringing up the magic change will leading into that territory and that Susan might feel forced to reveal stuff before she'd ready or that she'll just leave the party. Elliot had made the decision to let Susan open up on her own terms but feels she's in danger of going against that decision.

And Elliot being Elliot, this causes a blue screen in his brain, which Susan has noticed.

Just now, mlooney said:

And Elliot being Elliot, this causes a blue screen in his brain, which Susan has noticed.

Always a problem for someone who doesn't want to hurt friends.

Ok, this is what happened

- Stuff Susan doesn't want to discuss -

- Stuff Diane doesn't want to discuss -

- Stuff involving Adrian Raven that is not appropriate to discuss without his permission -

- Stuff involving the US Government that can't be discussed without proper clearance - 

- Stuff involving Tedd's mom that Tedd doesn't even know about yet - 

- And then that jerk Immortal Voltaire tried to make it all about himself, but only the other awakened immortals know about that -

I think that about covers what happened to magic....

46 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ok, this is what happened

- Stuff Susan doesn't want to discuss -

- Stuff Diane doesn't want to discuss -

These are more or less overlapping.

- Stuff involving Adrian Raven that is not appropriate to discuss without his permission -

This overlaps with Susan and Diane, but is not their whole story.

47 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

- Stuff involving the US Government that can't be discussed without proper clearance - 

Not sure what that would be. DBG has said that magic exists.

48 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

- Stuff involving Tedd's mom that Tedd doesn't even know about yet - 

Well, that's not going to happen in this party.

49 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

- And then that jerk Immortal Voltaire tried to make it all about himself, but only the other awakened immortals know about that -

Damn sure that isn't going to be talked about in this party.

49 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think that about covers what happened to magic....

You left out Tedd's personal story about the change in magic.

37 minutes ago, mlooney said:

You left out Tedd's personal story about the change in magic.

Tedd's story actually overlaps with Susan's and Diane's, since Pandora was involved, Tedd knows what Pandora did, she just doesn't know that Pandora's related to Susan and Diane.

Actually Tedd and Diane bonding at this party (with Diane being comfortable with Tedd being female, whether she knows Tedd's transformed or not, and now collaborating in making Justin a female form) could be a good precursor to the reveal that they're god-siblings.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Actually Tedd and Diane bonding at this party (with Diane being comfortable with Tedd being female, whether she knows Tedd's transformed or not, and now collaborating in making Justin a female form) could be a good precursor to the reveal that they're god-siblings.

I'm not quite sure how a granddaughter and a grand godson are related.  It would be good point of contact regardless.

28 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Tedd's story actually overlaps with Susan's and Diane's, since Pandora was involved, Tedd knows what Pandora did, she just doesn't know that Pandora's related to Susan and Diane.

There is overlap in almost all of the stories.  Even Sarah has stories to tell, mainly about Pandora (or Box as she was known to Sarah) but may have stuff to add about  Adrian due to her talking to him after the fact as a friend of his mother.

4 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm not quite sure how a granddaughter and a grand godson are related.  It would be good point of contact regardless.

Adrian is both Diane's father, and Tedd's god-father. If Tedd were to mention anything about Pandora's visit, it'd remind Susan and Diane of their experience.

8 minutes ago, mlooney said:

There is overlap in almost all of the stories.  Even Sarah has stories to tell, mainly about Pandora (or Box as she was know to Sarah) but may have stuff to add about  Adrian due to her talking to him after the fact as a friend of his mother.

Yeah, Sarah's experience with Pandora and her knowing that Adrian is her son would end up going into Susan and Diane's territory pretty quick as well.

Really, Tedd and Sarah, Elliot and Ellen, Susan and Diane, everything that happened to each of them are all connected, each pair has a piece of the puzzle and if any one pair was to mention their piece, the other 2 are going to fall into place.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Really, Tedd and Sarah, Elliot and Ellen, Susan and Diane, everything that happened to each of them are all connected, each pair has a piece of the puzzle and if any one pair was to mention their piece, the other 2 are going to fall into place.

I strongly suspect that by time this party is done all of the puzzle pieces will fall into place.  Which may or may not get into things about Adrian that might be personal in nature.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Yes, what I said and what you said are both true.

37 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Yes, what I said and what you said are both true.

In more simpler terms, you're saying rip off the bandage, I was saying Elliot's worried that ripping it off is going to cause hemorrhaging.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

In more simpler terms, you're saying rip off the bandage, I was saying Elliot's worried that ripping it off is going to cause hemorrhaging.

Sort of? It's in the ballpark. However, Susan is giving signs of being open at the moment, it would be a good time to broach the subject. Her even showing up says something changed (and, if you recall her conversation with Diane about opening up, it actually has).

And yes, Elliot is acting like ripping off the bandage would cause hemorrhaging, and I'm saying his fears are unfounded. If anything, Elliot gets more of a pass with Susan than many of the characters, because of their history; he'd be a good one to break the ice.

And, Oh God, I've been around folks who tap dance around a topic forever and cannot come to the point. It gets old fast.

9 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Sort of? It's in the ballpark. However, Susan is giving signs of being open at the moment, it would be a good time to broach the subject. Her even showing up says something changed (and, if you recall her conversation with Diane about opening up, it actually has).

Sure Susan might be getting closer to opening up and telling everyone, I'm pretty certain she will before the end of this party. Elliot hasn't picked up on that though, she'd rather wait for Susan to actually say that she's ready.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Sure Susan might be getting closer to opening up and telling everyone, I'm pretty certain she will before the end of this party. Elliot hasn't picked up on that though, she'd rather wait for Susan to actually say that she's ready.

Likely, next comic.

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

Likely, next comic.

About the only thing that would keep it from being right away is if Elliot insists that all Susan needs to know is that she doesn't need to worry about losing her fairies anymore and that she's still under no obligation to talk about stuff, and Susan being ok with it. Or something along those lines that basically prolongs when they'll actually talk about stuff.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

He doesn't even need to. Susan is good enough to get all information from him just by asking questions and observe if he got more or less nervous.

10 hours ago, mlooney said:
10 hours ago, Scotty said:

His blue screen is so obvious even less observant people than Susan would notice.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:
8 hours ago, Scotty said:

I strongly suspect that by time this party is done all of the puzzle pieces will fall into place.  Which may or may not get into things about Adrian that might be personal in nature.

Probably. Susan's attempt to not talk about it on party was brave but doomed to failure.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Likely, next comic.

About the only thing that would keep it from being right away is if Elliot insists that all Susan needs to know is that she doesn't need to worry about losing her fairies anymore and that she's still under no obligation to talk about stuff, and Susan being ok with it. Or something along those lines that basically prolongs when they'll actually talk about stuff.

Technically, yes, but I don't think Elliot is THAT good.

IMHO the best he can do is to blurt something like "yes but you didn't wanted to talk about it".

Well, that or switching to some form which is actually capable of keeping secrets.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:
10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Stuff involving the US Government that can't be discussed without proper clearance - 

Not sure what that would be. DBG has said that magic exists.

Basically everything about immortals. The DGB probably thinks the most dangerous part would be that immortals can mark people and get them start to use magic, however that's just because they likely don't know that all magic users are blood relatives of fairies.

... Edward would be very surprised when he reviews the recordings of this party. Or when he reviews recordings of the night Pandora visited.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Stuff involving Adrian Raven that is not appropriate to discuss without his permission -

Perhaps not entirely appropriate but I don't think Susan and Diane would wait for his permission to tell they are related.

43 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well, that or switching to some form which is actually capable of keeping secrets.

And what form does he have that has that ability?

34 minutes ago, ijuin said:

The "secret identity" forms? At least the ones other than Heidi seem less prone to blurting things out.

Being a blabbermouth is a really great cover for keeping secrets... the trick is in WHAT you blather on about.

9 hours ago, ijuin said:

The "secret identity" forms? At least the ones other than Heidi seem less prone to blurting things out.

8 hours ago, Haylo said:

Heidi (Elliot's over-caffeinated secret identity form) sounds like a blabbermouth but doesn't seem to give away as much as Elliot in his base form. The really bad blurting from So A Date - Part 5 was an imagine spot.

8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Being a blabbermouth is a really great cover for keeping secrets... the trick is in WHAT you blather on about.

Elliot can't go from a "normal" form to a secret identify form with out being Cheerleadera first.  Aside from that, yeah, Heidi might be a good choice, but I don't see Elliot as taking that way out.  He's going to, pardon the expression, "Man Up" and start telling Susan what he knows, trying to avoid pushing her into telling them her back story.