• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Sat April 18 2020

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

No

We are starting the game

The last few comics were simply a preview or demonstration

Few?  We are at 90 something comics into this story arc.  If that was demo mode, I don't want to think about how long the game would be.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
20 hours ago, mlooney said:

We are starting the game over

No

We are starting the game

The last few comics were simply a preview or demonstration

I think she would be able to drink enough XP to match the position in game she's at - meaning, after recruiting first hero. DLS said quite directly that the power of available potions matches to how far in story she got.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Few?  We are at 90 something comics into this story arc.  If that was demo mode, I don't want to think about how long the game would be.

Well, Pandora's Box has 393 pages ...

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:
29 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well, Pandora's Box has 393 pages

Yes, but it wasn't a non canon video game parody.

Ok, if that's your counterargument it means I don't need to count how long Playing with Dolls was, nor Escape From The Mall ... there is still Goonmanji with 132, but that's starting to look short.

On 4/18/2020 at 0:53 AM, mlooney said:

Here is.

Damn it.  We are starting the game over.

Chances are she doesn't have to do the temple quest and recruit Rhoda as the hero of melee again, so the two of them (and likely Catalina) will continue on to find the other heros, and Susan will get back some levels doing that.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Goonmanji with 132, but that's starting to look short.

I almost grumbled about Goonmanji as well.  I did grumble about his presentation of the rules to the game.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Chances are she doesn't have to do the temple quest and recruit Rhoda as the hero of melee again, so the two of them (and likely Catalina) will continue on to find the other heros, and Susan will get back some levels doing that.

Still it's a reset of the game, and depending on how the reset worked it might have blown those out of the water as well.

25 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Still it's a reset of the game, and depending on how the reset worked it might have blown those out of the water as well.

That would mean Catalina and Rhoda are back at not having met, I think the pitchforks and torches would be out in full force if that happened.

34 minutes ago, Scotty said:

That would mean Catalina and Rhoda are back at not having met, I think the pitchforks and torches would be out in full force if that happened.

Not saying that pitchforks and torches are needed right now, but I'm not not saying it as well.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Dea Elsea however does say "at this part of the story...", seems unlike he'd point that out if all the story itself reset to the beginning too. If level scaling is based where in the story you are, I dunno of any games that do that offhand, but with there being scaling based on location in the world, and scaling based on character level. I wouldn't be surprised if a game upped enemy levels after certain story points are reached, but Dea saying it's still pretty easy right now, it'd be safe to assume that while recruiting Rhoda may have upped the difficulty a bit, Susan should be able to catch up before they hit the next plot point that increases difficulty again.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

"Oh my God, I just put a pitchfork through my monitor and burned the screen! That was dumb."

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Dea Elsea however does say "at this part of the story...", seems unlike he'd point that out if all the story itself reset to the beginning too.

If the story would reset to the beginning, he wouldn't say anything because he's not accessible AT ALL from start of game.

If level scaling is based where in the story you are, I dunno of any games that do that offhand, but with there being scaling based on location in the world, and scaling based on character level. I wouldn't be surprised if a game upped enemy levels after certain story points are reached

Yeah, most games I played did scale based on location and what locations you can access depended on story points.

And, the items you could buy in stores scaled based on location as well, so ...

but Dea saying it's still pretty easy right now, it'd be safe to assume that while recruiting Rhoda may have upped the difficulty a bit, Susan should be able to catch up before they hit the next plot point that increases difficulty again.

Actually, DLS said that it's still easy WITH THE POTIONS. You know, the potions Susan has full inventory of and if that wouldn't be enough she can buy more for money she is getting as landlord.

So, she can just drink those potions and easily get on level roughly matching what she's expected to currently be on.

Unless she lost those money, but I don't believe she wouldn't check before entering the shop. Not speaking about the games where you can see the money all the time, and the games where you can see the money when you enter the shop. No, the fact it was not mentioned yet strongly suggest that didn't changed. Also, it's Susan, she would likely notice if she lost the purity as well.

... in fact, Dan's "if I only undid the XP gained from potions, there'd have been no visual indication that anything had happened" suggests she will fairly quickly get enough levels to look as before, or maybe as this.

Edited by hkmaly

Just now, hkmaly said:

So, she can just drink those potions and easily get on level roughly matching what she's expected to currently be on.

She'd have to drink more potions to get back to where she was than what she used before, like a lot more , and the price of the potions probably hasn't changed any either so it'd be much more expensive. She may just have to go out and kill things.

Just now, hkmaly said:

... in fact, Dan's "if I only undid the XP gained from potions, there'd have been no visual indication that anything had happened" suggests she will fairly quickly get enough levels to look as before, or maybe as this.

She was level 2 (out of 5) in all three stats, and that was after killing all the bugs in the first cave. she used xp potions to get to max level and cosmetic potions to keep looking like she was level 2, so yeah, another run through a cave full of bugs would get the appearance back, but then it'd be a grind to get to max level, or else see above. Though either way, she's likely to be getting cosmetic potions.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She'd have to drink more potions to get back to where she was than what she used before, like a lot more , and the price of the potions probably hasn't changed any either so it'd be much more expensive.

You think money are problem for her? If that would happen, she may just change the rent so she needs 10 minutes instead of 5 to go from zero purity to max out.

She may just have to go out and kill things.

Things, maybe. She seems opposed to killing bandits, though.

She was level 2 (out of 5) in all three stats, and that was after killing all the bugs in the first cave. she used xp potions to get to max level and cosmetic potions to keep looking like she was level 2

I wasn't entirely sure she was specifically looking as 2/5 in all stats, but it's probably true at least for magic, so maybe.

another run through a cave full of bugs would get the appearance back, but then it'd be a grind to get to max level, or else see above.

My point was that while she's zero now, she will get at least to the 2/5, maybe 3/5, quite easily.

I agree that getting to max would be too hard now and she's probably not going to ... which will match the meta comment about Dan needing her less overpowered. Probably still stronger than what the game is scaled to (considering the original fable 2 still has easy to abuse rules), but not so strong it's boring.

Though either way, she's likely to be getting cosmetic potions.

Definitely. Also, I suspect that she meant it when she said she wants the tail back.

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You think money are problem for her? If that would happen, she may just change the rent so she needs 10 minutes instead of 5 to go from zero purity to max out.

I don't think XP potions affected purity, just the cosmetic ones, still if the best XP potions she can get now are the same price but 1/1000th of the original's effectiveness then she's going to be buying a heck of a lot more, plus she'd then have to spend the time chugging each one down to get max level again. It's probably quicker to just kill some bandits at this point.

Also, Dan just said in Discord that Fable 2 only allowed the player to buy 1 XP potion per restock, so I suspect that Susan probably had to wait for a few restocks to the the potions she needed to get max level anyway (she likely spent that time giving cosmetic potions and such to the NPCs and ogled the various Elliots during this time). Now though Susan needs to buy 1000 to get the effect she got from 1 previously and the 1 per restock would still be in play.

Yeah, I really doubt she'll be leveling through potions this time.

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I wasn't entirely sure she was specifically looking as 2/5 in all stats, but it's probably true at least for magic, so maybe.

She gained level 2 in all three stats when she left the first cave. Then she did a quest where she subdued the enemy instead of killing and thus no XP, did the housing game, then she bought XP and cosmetic potions to get max level while keeping the appearance of having level 2 stats. That's why Dan went with the reset to 0xp thing because just resetting to the level she legitimately earned wouldn't have made her look any different, aside from the morality wipe.

25 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Every one seems to be assuming that there is going to be a "replay" of the game with out the "cheat" in place.  Why?

I don't believe Susan's starting from the very beginning story wise, just her character level was wiped. She'll go back to the hideout or where ever Arthur had her and Rhoda staying at, Arther will either question Susan about what happened or act like nothing's wrong, and then they'll go back to tracking down the other heroes.

39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Definitely. Also, I suspect that she meant it when she said she wants the tail back.

Why can't it be both, if she's leveling up again AND doing things of questionable at best but apparently evil morality, she'll need to keep some of those potions for herself.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think XP potions affected purity, just the cosmetic ones

I mentioned it as argument that price is not really an issue.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

still if the best XP potions she can get now are the same price but 1/1000th of the original's effectiveness then she's going to be buying a heck of a lot more, plus she'd then have to spend the time chugging each one down to get max level again. It's probably quicker to just kill some bandits at this point.

Seriously?

Also, Dan just said in Discord that Fable 2 only allowed the player to buy 1 XP potion per restock, so I suspect that Susan probably had to wait for a few restocks to the the potions she needed to get max level anyway (she likely spent that time giving cosmetic potions and such to the NPCs and ogled the various Elliots during this time). Now though Susan needs to buy 1000 to get the effect she got from 1 previously and the 1 per restock would still be in play.

Yeah, I really doubt she'll be leveling through potions this time.

Hmmm ... spent time killing bandits which she is opposed to do on moral grounds, or ogling Elliots ... decisions, decisions ... seriously, I think that she WILL be leveling through potions, just not to maximum. That at some point she will just do next story quest, which will presumably give her option to buy better XP potions.

She gained level 2 in all three stats when she left the first cave. Then she did a quest where she subdued the enemy instead of killing and thus no XP, did the housing game, then she bought XP and cosmetic potions to get max level while keeping the appearance of having level 2 stats. That's why Dan went with the reset to 0xp thing because just resetting to the level she legitimately earned wouldn't have made her look any different, aside from the morality wipe.

Now, I said it's possible, but given how sure you are about it, WHERE is Susan saying she is keeping her appearance specifically on level 2?

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Every one seems to be assuming that there is going to be a "replay" of the game with out the "cheat" in place.  Why?

I don't believe Susan's starting from the very beginning story wise, just her character level was wiped. She'll go back to the hideout or where ever Arthur had her and Rhoda staying at, Arther will either question Susan about what happened or act like nothing's wrong, and then they'll go back to tracking down the other heroes.

... after getting at least to level 2 by using potions, IMHO.

And no, I don't think Arthur will notice anything.

Why can't it be both, if she's leveling up again AND doing things of questionable at best but apparently evil morality, she'll need to keep some of those potions for herself.

I meant her tried method of getting tail was specifically to buy lot of cosmetic potions and give them to villagers. Sure she may buy some for herself, but she may not really need them this time.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Now, I said it's possible, but given how sure you are about it, WHERE is Susan saying she is keeping her appearance specifically on level 2?

Susan doesn't specifically say, but given Dan said there wouldn't have been any visual indication that anything happened to her if he just removed the levels gained through potions, and the only level we know she legitimately got was level 2, and there isn't any visual difference between when she leveled (used this page cus it shows her figure better) and when she started buying potions, and no difference between that and when she was doing the quest with Rhoda(aside from the devil stuff), I believe she hadn't gained anymore levels legitimately.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Susan doesn't specifically say, but given Dan said there wouldn't have been any visual indication that anything happened to her if he just removed the levels gained through potions, and the only level we know she legitimately got was level 2, and there isn't any visual difference between when she leveled (used this page cus it shows her figure better) and when she started buying potions, and no difference between that and when she was doing the quest with Rhoda(aside from the devil stuff), I believe she hadn't gained anymore levels legitimately.

Well, I think she looks stronger on that last page, and height would be hard to compare.

Of course, her spell casting level looks same and that might be only thing people would notice ...

I can agree with the meta (that is, yes, it seems she only legitimately got to level 2 and that what Dan said implies she looked like level 2) but it's not sufficiently convincing argument to be completely sure about it.