• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story, Monday 20 April 2020

Just now, mlooney said:

Here is.

OK, why does Sarah look pensive while Diane, Ashley and Grace want them to hug and/or kiss?

I'm thinking she's feeling bad about how she treated Elliot's transforming while they were dating. The one time she encouraged Elliot to transform, she reacted badly to instead of trying to be more supportive, she could have also offered to help pin down a standard for Elliot to use that didn't look like Ellen. Basically, she's become so used to transforming herself since the summer, she had plenty of time to get Elliot involved while they were dating, so she's now seeing Elliot and Tedd talking about it and thinking "I should have been the one doing that".

I don't even think the flustering between Elliot and Tedd really registers with Sarah to be honest, either that or she's feeling a bit jealous of Tedd.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

I'm thinking she's feeling bad about how she treated Elliot's transforming while they were dating. The one time she encouraged Elliot to transform, she reacted badly to instead of trying to be more supportive, she could have also offered to help pin down a standard for Elliot to use that didn't look like Ellen. Basically, she's become so used to transforming herself since the summer, she had plenty of time to get Elliot involved while they were dating, so she's now seeing Elliot and Tedd talking about it and thinking "I should have been the one doing that".

These are both good points and she did start to be Tedd's apprentice while she was still dating Elliot, so Sarah could have come up with the idea to fine tune a version that doesn't look like Ellen.  Granted in those days Tedd would have made a watch, not a wand, which has power level issues.

Just now, mlooney said:

Granted in those days Tedd would have made a watch, not a wand, which has power level issues.

Pretty sure a watch still would have done the job, as long as it wasn't too dynamic, which I guess is probably the problem with Elliot's spell anyway, too dynamic for him. As long as Tedd set a fixed height and figure to Elliot's liking, it would have worked fine.

Just now, Scotty said:

Pretty sure a watch still would have done the job, as long as it wasn't too dynamic, which I guess is probably the problem with Elliot's spell anyway, too dynamic for him. As long as Tedd set a fixed height and figure to Elliot's liking, it would have worked fine.

Oh, I'm not saying it would not have worked in Moperville, but in the unlikely event of Elliot being out of town and needing to change it would not have worked while a wand would, at least a couple of times, The Dan never has given us the limits on how much power a wand has vs a watch.

Just now, mlooney said:

Oh, I'm not saying it would not have worked in Moperville, but in the unlikely event of Elliot being out of town and needing to change it would not have worked while a wand would, at least a couple of times, The Dan never has given us the limits on how much power a wand has vs a watch.

Elliot's also stated to have a decent energy pool, the watch would be able to draw from that while out of the Moperville area.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Elliot's also stated to have a decent energy pool, the watch would be able to draw from that while out of the Moperville area.

I though the whale said that the watches would only work in the local area, but I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't even think the flustering between Elliot and Tedd really registers with Sarah to be honest, either that or she's feeling a bit jealous of Tedd.

... or of Elliot; she has expressed some interest in Tedd.

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

... or of Elliot; she has expressed some interest in Tedd.

There's some headcanon of mine that believes that at one time Tedd had a crush on Sarah, it would have been around the time of "The Incident" and the aftermath of it would have left Tedd believing there was no chance of anything ever happening, then Grace came along and Tedd fell in love with her. We know Tedd had thoughts when Sarah asked to be his lab assistant, but those were pushed aside because there was Grace and also he didn't want to jeopardize screwing things up with Sarah now that they were back on friendly terms. We've seen how close Tedd, Grace and Sarah have become, it's been quite apparent since Squirrel Prophet, with teases thrown here and there that fueled the OT3 ship (with the 3 of them having seen each other naked, Sarah saying that she thinks Tedd is cute, Grace considering Sarah to be the perfect woman, etc), and the point was driven home at the end of Sister 3, it's clear that Sarah cares about Tedd, the question is are there deeper feelings involved? Of course she's currently pursuing Sam, but we've seen plenty of evidence that having in interest in one person doesn't mean they don't have strong feelings for someone else.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

There's some headcanon of mine that believes that at one time Tedd had a crush on Sarah, it would have been around the time of "The Incident" and the aftermath of it would have left Tedd believing there was no chance of anything ever happening, then Grace came along and Tedd fell in love with her. We know Tedd had thoughts when Sarah asked to be his lab assistant, but those were pushed aside because there was Grace and also he didn't want to jeopardize screwing things up with Sarah now that they were back on friendly terms. We've seen how close Tedd, Grace and Sarah have become, it's been quite apparent since Squirrel Prophet, with teases thrown here and there that fueled the OT3 ship (with the 3 of them having seen each other naked, Sarah saying that she thinks Tedd is cute, Grace considering Sarah to be the perfect woman, etc), and the point was driven home at the end of Sister 3, it's clear that Sarah cares about Tedd, the question is are there deeper feelings involved? Of course she's currently pursuing Sam, but we've seen plenty of evidence that having in interest in one person doesn't mean they don't have strong feelings for someone else.

The dialogue between Grace and Sam might lead one to think that Grace has more of a crush on Sarah than Sam does.

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

The dialogue between Grace and Sam might lead one to think that Grace has more of a crush on Sarah than Sam does.

Yeah, and she'd love to have all her friends stay together to the point of even sharing a house with them.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Well Grace has had a crush of sorts on Sarah for quite a while and we don't yet know what made Sarah and Sam's 3rd date a real date.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, and she'd love to have all her friends stay together to the point of even sharing a house with them.

I suspect that they will all go to the same college and get a rooming house that they will all live in together.

Just now, mlooney said:

Well Grace has had a crush of sorts on Sarah for quite a while

Quite a while.

Just now, mlooney said:

I suspect that they will all go to the same college and get a rooming house that they will all live in together.

I'm already expecting Grace to be ecstatic about it.

Yeah, no surprise Diane, Ashley and Grace all see the nonverbal clues ... and react similarly to them.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
9 hours ago, mlooney said:

OK, why does Sarah look pensive while Diane, Ashley and Grace want them to hug and/or kiss?

Maybe she believed that Elliot only transforms because he must and only now realizes that transformations could be something they could've shared instead of basically transforming separately?

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Granted in those days Tedd would have made a watch, not a wand, which has power level issues.

I suspect that watch would not be able to hold spell like Elliots, BUT clone forms were definitely possible and that would work for this purpose.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

I though the whale said that the watches would only work in the local area, but I could be wrong.

The whale MIGHT've meant for people who are not strong magic users themselves, but maybe not: Maybe the watches are not really able to draw magic from people's energy pools ...

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Bed. She would be completely ok with all her friends sharing bed with her. That's probably not going to happen ...

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

That's definitely possible, despite how unlikely it would be in real life. I mean, what college would so different people be visiting together?

... on the other hand, sharing rooming house doesn't mean sharing all classes, so maybe ...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I'm already expecting Grace to be ecstatic about it.

When she finds out.

Because beside the option of doing it deliberately, there is option that Arthur will set that up for them to raise chance their secrets will remain secrets.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Because beside the option of doing it deliberately, there is option that Arthur will set that up for them to raise chance their secrets will remain secrets.

I had spaced on that being an option.  Yeah, I can see that all of them are going to get DGB scholarships with an ROTC like "6 years job" thing attached to it. 

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe she believed that Elliot only transforms because he must and only now realizes that transformations could be something they could've shared instead of basically transforming separately?

She could have still helped Elliot back when he needed to transform, it seemed like Sarah was into the idea of doing transformation stuff with Elliot back on Grace's birthday, but then nothing ever came about it aside from when she suggested that Elliot transform to look like her and then she developed that "I'm not pretty enough" complex.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Bed. She would be completely ok with all her friends sharing bed with her. That's probably not going to happen ...

Beanbag actually.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I had spaced on that being an option.  Yeah, I can see that all of them are going to get DGB scholarships with an ROTC like "6 years job" thing attached to it. 

Sounded like Dan was planning on them going through normal college and keeping the tone of the comic pretty much as it is now, having it shift to DGB mandated school and jobs might be too much of a change in tone.

32 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Sounded like Dan was planning on them going through normal college and keeping the tone of the comic pretty much as it is now, having it shift to DGB mandated school and jobs might be too much of a change in tone.

Well, Tedd at least is going to be going to school on DGB's dime.

28 minutes ago, mlooney said:

We haven't actually gotta confirmation that Arthur was able to get that lab and funding approved yet, and even if he does, the lab could be anything from giving Tedd more equipment for the basement, or an actual government facility, but again I don't expect Dan to be splitting up the group so it seems unlikely that Tedd would be commuting to another school or job, and with Tedd also being tasked with studying how Ashley became a wizard and what happened to Ellen, it wouldn't make sense to split them off either.

42 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We haven't actually gotta confirmation that Arthur was able to get that lab and funding approved yet, and even if he does, the lab could be anything from giving Tedd more equipment for the basement, or an actual government facility, but again I don't expect Dan to be splitting up the group so it seems unlikely that Tedd would be commuting to another school or job, and with Tedd also being tasked with studying how Ashley became a wizard and what happened to Ellen, it wouldn't make sense to split them off either.

I suspect that for a while it's just going to be more stuff for his lab in the basement but will, in time, will be in a government building.

So Sarah regrets how she and Elliot acted when they were officially a couple

Elliot is incredibly awkward

Tedd has trouble separating real feelings from the exaggerated pervert act played for so long

Grace just wants the entire world to hug it out

And everyone else is waiting for the other shoe to drop

Not much new information, but a reminder like this makes good starting point for a new chapter

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She could have still helped Elliot back when he needed to transform, it seemed like Sarah was into the idea of doing transformation stuff with Elliot back on Grace's birthday, but then nothing ever came about it aside from when she suggested that Elliot transform to look like her and then she developed that "I'm not pretty enough" complex.

"Aside"?

What happened is that Sarah was into it on Grace's birthday party, but then she got that I'm not pretty enough complex and stopped with it.

She possibly get over that complex when working with Tedd, but didn't realized she would feel differently about having transformation-related fun with Elliot until they break up with each other.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Beanbag actually.

Right. Good point.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

That's not what I was suggesting. I was suggesting that DGB will simply secretly influence normal college, just like they rigged presumably normal lottery to give money to Ellen.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, mlooney said:

We haven't actually gotta confirmation that Arthur was able to get that lab and funding approved yet

The amount of red tape in EGS is lower than in our universe. I don't expect any problems with that.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

the lab could be anything from giving Tedd more equipment for the basement, or an actual government facility, but again I don't expect Dan to be splitting up the group so it seems unlikely that Tedd would be commuting to another school or job, and with Tedd also being tasked with studying how Ashley became a wizard and what happened to Ellen, it wouldn't make sense to split them off either.

What's more likely is that it will be non-trivial to set up any believable reason why would be Tedd visiting actual government facility before finishing college, so they will either just fund more stuff for his basement or set up something in the school Tedd and all of the others would "by chance" go to.

And, yes, Arthur totally plans to keep at least Ashley, Ellen and Sarah as study objects for Tedd because finding human guinea pigs for teenage scientist is not easy.

Speaking about guinea pigs, the moment Arthur realizes something changed with Uryuoms, Grace's "family" is totally going to visit Tedd.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Not much new information, but a reminder like this makes good starting point for a new chapter

Hmmm ... I see your point but I still don't think this will be chapter break.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That's not what I was suggesting. I was suggesting that DGB will simply secretly influence normal college, just like they rigged presumably normal lottery to give money to Ellen.

To be honest, it feels like that would just add more things Dan would have to worry about keeping track of to an already full plate, I don't think he'd want to just go "oh, the government is basically pulling the strings while the gang goes through college" and not even show what that means in their day to day lives, like would they basically get fast tracked through, not having to worry about grades, all because Tedd's been tasked with figuring out how to make magic safe? I also really dislike the idea that because they have magic experience and that Tedd's dad is connected with a government organization, that they're automatically gonna get shoehorned into government work. There's that warning that Pandora gave Sarah about what might happened if Edward or anyone else in DGB finding out about her spell, but I'm more inclined to believe that could be a plot point where an attempt might be made, but ultimately doesn't succeed. If anyone decides to work for DGB it'd be by choice, not duress. But maybe that's just my feelings about it.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well yeah, it's not like any standard sized bed would hold more than four normal-sized adults at most.

So back on topic, I'm ashamed it took me this long to realize, but this moment could be the hook Dan needed to make the Superhero Science NP canon. We've got Tedd and Elliot dancing around a subject while at least 3 people, 2 of which are their girlfriends, have taken notice and seemed to have their own feelings as to where it should go.

I can still see Grace and Ashley conspiring to keep giving Elliot and Tedd moments together, and headcanon says that they were off doing their own thing knowing full well what could potentially happen with Elliot and Tedd left alone together.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

I can still see Grace and Ashley conspiring to keep giving Elliot and Tedd moments together, and headcanon says that they were off doing their own thing knowing full well what could potentially happen with Elliot and Tedd left alone together.

This is my new head-canon for them.  Of course this makes the OT3 into a weird 5 way.  I say weird because of the whole "Elliot thinks of Sarah like a sister" thing.