• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Thursday, Apr 23, 2020

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

So THIS is what Sarah was regretting. I still thing that "having fun with transformation with Elliot" would work as well.

It's probably got to do with how Sarah handled Elliot's transformations while they were dating, she probably realized that she could have been more supportive of it especially considering how she's gotten into it more during her time as Tedd's assistant.

As for Tedd, there were some cases early on where Sarah had some negative things to say about Tedd's behaviour, but at the same time Tedd's not so innocent in how they had behaved towards Sarah before as well, heck I'm pretty sure Tedd still hasn't gotten around to apologizing for the times they called Sarah a lesbian and such.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And that first frame, I'm not sure what Grace OR Nanase are doing.

Grace is getting squirrely about lack of food in her belly of course.

Nanase is looking at Diane's waist and wonder how she can be thin if Diane's mentioning of stuffed crust pizza is any indication of her eating habits.

Speculation on this could certainly go towards Diane being so closely related to an Immortal that she doesn't need to have any magic herself to still have magical metabolism. Diane did comment on how she'll miss her metabolism when she hits her mid-twenties though.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It's probably got to do with how Sarah handled Elliot's transformations while they were dating, she probably realized that she could have been more supportive of it especially considering how she's gotten into it more during her time as Tedd's assistant.

I suspect that has a lot to do with it, however I'm at a bit of a lose about what else she would be apologizing for.  She doesn't seem to be all that critical of Tedd when she finds her in girl form, for example at school.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Speculation on this could certainly go towards Diane being so closely related to an Immortal that she doesn't need to have any magic herself to still have magical metabolism.

I had thought that Diane would be easier to awaken than your normal person being that she is 1/4 immortal, in a magic system that does seem to work by bloodlines.   Her having a "magical metabolism" would be yet another indicator of that.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I suspect that has a lot to do with it, however I'm at a bit of a lose about what else she would be apologizing for.  She doesn't seem to be all that critical of Tedd when she finds her in girl form, for example at school.

In more recent times, after becoming Tedd's assistant, Sarah would have stopped criticizing Tedd's choice of forms and even been more accepting. But I'm sure there are times prior to that where Sarah would have probably said something similar to Elliot, or at least thought it. Not entirely sure how Elliot an Tedd's behavior around each other would have spurred this on though, unless just seeing them being accepting of each other made her think of the times she wasn't quite so accepting.

12 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I had thought that Diane would be easier to awaken than your normal person being that she is 1/4 immortal, in a magic system that does seem to work by bloodlines.   Her having a "magical metabolism" would be yet another indicator of that.

It's possible that she might take to using magic easier and awaken faster, we won't know until she starts trying, we know that using a wand is a good way to get started and she's already used one, of course there wasn't anything special about it that would suggest that she's got more potential compared to the other magic users in the basement so we'll have to wait and see.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Not entirely sure how Elliot an Tedd's behavior around each other would have spurred this on though, unless just seeing them being accepting of each other made her think of the times she wasn't quite so accepting.

I'm sure that had something to do with it, but I suspect that this (panel 6) also played into it.  She seemed to have problems with Elliot becoming a girl in that, and that was just few minutes ago.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Grace is getting squirrely about lack of food in her belly of course.

Hmmm ... that could be it.

Nanase is looking at Diane's waist and wonder how she can be thin if Diane's mentioning of stuffed crust pizza is any indication of her eating habits.

That definitely makes sense.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Speculation on this could certainly go towards Diane being so closely related to an Immortal that she doesn't need to have any magic herself to still have magical metabolism.

Also makes sense. On the other hand, I imagine that someone like Nanase from long line of magic users might be just as easy to awaken despite not being so close ... because Nanase may ALSO be 1/4 immortal if you sum it.

It's possible that she might take to using magic easier and awaken faster, we won't know until she starts trying, we know that using a wand is a good way to get started and she's already used one, of course there wasn't anything special about it that would suggest that she's got more potential compared to the other magic users in the basement so we'll have to wait and see.

... she used wand ONCE. I think she won't awake THAT fast.

She just assumes. It's entirely possible she will still have this metabolism even when hitting her mid-eighties. And that's assuming Tedd won't make everyone immortal at that time anyway, which I would personally consider sign of laziness.

As Justin commented in an earlier comic, it appears that both Grace and Nanase are close to going feral

Nobody knew that Diane would be going to the Veres house that night

Nobody but the people who are there know that she is there

If Nanase and Grace can intimidate the others into keeping their stories straight...

Diane, get that order in quickly
Actually, don't make a big order from one Pizza place, make a lot of small orders from every place that puts the Veres house inside their delivery radius
If you make just one order, and that restaurant happens to be overwhelmed at that time, you may become the appetizer

--- --- --- 

As for Sarah, this is actually quite a development

We knew her attitudes about transformation and sexuality have been changing
But this is the first time of which I am aware that she has not only admitted that her ideas are changing, but that what she believed and the way she behaved may have hurt others
Now she is apologizing to those she may have hurt
This is especially hard because she knows they did not reject or distance her after she hurt them

12 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As Justin commented in an earlier comic, it appears that both Grace and Nanase are close to going feral

Nobody knew that Diane would be going to the Veres house that night

Nobody but the people who are there know that she is there

If Nanase and Grace can intimidate the others into keeping their stories straight...

Diane, get that order in quickly
Actually, don't make a big order from one Pizza place, make a lot of small orders from every place that puts the Veres house inside their delivery radius
If you make just one order, and that restaurant happens to be overwhelmed at that time, you may become the appetizer

Remember that there is overhead for every order and that too small order may not be enough to be safe. I think that dividing the order to more than five places wouldn't really raise her survival chance.

21 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Well that would make Justin happy, in that it would increase the number of possible straight males he can get to give him the "your hot" look from. 

1 hour ago, mlooney said:
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Well that would make Justin happy, in that it would increase the number of possible straight males he can get to give him the "your hot" look from. 

... win/win.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:

As for Tedd, there were some cases early on where Sarah had some negative things to say about Tedd's behaviour, but at the same time Tedd's not so innocent in how they had behaved towards Sarah before as well, heck I'm pretty sure Tedd still hasn't gotten around to apologizing for the times they called Sarah a lesbian and such.

Given how her first reaction to genderbending shenanigans went, she's come a long way.

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

Given how her first reaction to genderbending shenanigans went, she's come a long way.

My later post mentions that it's possible she said or thought something similar to what Elliot said when he first saw Tedd as a girl.

Now that I think of it, I don't think Elliot's actually apologized to Tedd for that either, Grace brought it up in Sister 3 but Elliot's reaction to that was to show off the Mall form and ask Tedd to get it scanned. It's seems like Elliot's more of an "actions speak louder than words" type though which is evident by Tedd's reaction to Elliot transforming at the party, I imagine the talk Elliot had with Tedd at school helped a lot too.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, ijuin said:

My later post mentions that it's possible she said or thought something similar to what Elliot said when he first saw Tedd as a girl.

Now that I think of it, I don't think Elliot's actually apologized to Tedd for that either, Grace brought it up in Sister 3 but Elliot's reaction to that was to show off the Mall form and ask Tedd to get it scanned. It's seems like Elliot's more of an "actions speak louder than words" type though which is evident by Tedd's reaction to Elliot transforming at the party, I imagine the talk Elliot had with Tedd at school helped a lot too.

Well, extremely-after-the-fact-apologies are overrated. If something is fresh, it makes sense to apologize, but if it happened long ago then the harm of reminding it when trying to apologize might be worse than not talking about it at all, if you have some other way to show you don't feel that way anymore. It would be different if Tedd mentioned it to Elliot, but not when Grace did.

Even Sarah is going the middle way of not apologizing for something specific but just for her attitude in general.