• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story, Friday May 1 2002

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

OK Sarah meant Sam, but she's not 100% sure that Sam is Trans.  This is going to get weird.

Probability she found out due to her spell and is not sure because the spell is not reliable INCREASED.

Also, the date was date because Sam acted very differently transformed.

34 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Probability she found out due to her spell and is not sure because the spell is not reliable INCREASED.

I don't think she found out via her spell, I'm not sure how she found out, but I fairly sure she didn't use her spell during a date.

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:
39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think she found out via her spell, I'm not sure how she found out, but I fairly sure she didn't use her spell during a date.

... looking forward to finding out eventually.

33 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So are we sure Grace is bad at Poker?

Not that I'm suggesting Salty Crackers might have a different kind of card game in the back room...

She roleplays Magickal Gatherings. I don't think she ever played poker but she would be probably bad at it. At first.

Now, when she learns to keep her emotion hidden (or better, fake her emotions: remember that it's not important how you face, just that the face you are making is not related to how good cards you have), how to have antennae out in public without attracting attention (to read emotions of others) and how to count cards (she should have talent for that) ... she may get close to Deanna Troi levels. Of course, Deanna was still losing to Will Riker. Just as Data the android and La Forge the guy who can see through the cards.

Doesn't she explain here how she figured it out?  Grace accidentally gave enough clues, combined with Sam's behaviour on the dates, allowed her to piece it together and she doesn't want Grace to feel guilty about her role in Sarah figuring it out?

Just now, showler said:

Doesn't she explain here how she figured it out?  Grace accidentally gave enough clues, combined with Sam's behaviour on the dates, allowed her to piece it together and she doesn't want Grace to feel guilty about her role in Sarah figuring it out?

That might be the case, but Sarah is going to have to find out for sure one way or another.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

She roleplays Magickal Gatherings. I don't think she ever played poker but she would be probably bad at it. At first.

Now, when she learns to keep her emotion hidden (or better, fake her emotions: remember that it's not important how you face, just that the face you are making is not related to how good cards you have), how to have antennae out in public without attracting attention (to read emotions of others) and how to count cards (she should have talent for that) ... she may get close to Deanna Troi levels. Of course, Deanna was still losing to Will Riker. Just as Data the android and La Forge the guy who can see through the cards.

Yeah, Riker regularly plays against a mind reader, an android with perfect recall who can count and stack the cards, and a guy who can see through the cards, and he wins the most games of any of them!

2 hours ago, showler said:

That MIGHT be one of explanations ... but it seems like it only confirms something she found in other way.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Yeah, Riker regularly plays against a mind reader

Emotion reader. Still. In fact, Riker, her Imzadi, might be only one Diane is actually able to read the mind of.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

an android with perfect recall who can count and stack the cards

Stack the cards in way noone noticed he was not just shuffling them: he PROVED it in one episode. Also, he literally doesn't have any emotions to show.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

and he wins the most games of any of them!

Well it IS sci-fi.

8 hours ago, ijuin said:

an android with perfect recall who can count and stack the cards,

It's been a few years, like decades since I played poker, but would card counting be of any use in standard poker?  Blackjack, of course, but poker?  Don't you use the whole deck for each hand?

4 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Just make sure there are 52 cards in the deck

Any other number, leave the table

What if you have jokers?  Wouldn't that make it a 54 card deck?

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That MIGHT be one of explanations ... but it seems like it only confirms something she found in other way.

But she says in the last panel that she isn't certain.   What method would make her think he's trans, but not be sure, and make more sense than what she said in this strip?

At any rate, it seems like she's willing to wait and give Sam time.

7 minutes ago, showler said:

What method would make her think he's trans, but not be sure, and make more sense than what she said in this strip?

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would do that.  

7 minutes ago, showler said:

At any rate, it seems like she's willing to wait and give Sam time.

That would be a wise course of events.  However there exists the possibility that Grace will spill the beans in the next few comics.

Sarah pieced together the possibility of Sam being Trans the same way she pieced together Adrian (whom she'd only heard off from Ellen, Nanase and Grace) being Pandora's son. Yes it's conclusion jumping, hence the "if it turns out I'm right" bit, but it's conclusion jumping onto something that's true. And Sarah doesn't want to tell Grace how she came to that conclusion because it would make Grace upset that she failed to keep the secret despite how hard she tried.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Sarah doesn't want to tell Grace how she came to that conclusion because it would make Grace upset that she failed to keep the secret despite how hard she tried.

This might go either way, given how much Grace doesn't like keeping secrets. 

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Grace would be dismayed by her failure to keep the secret, but also relieved that the ordeal of having to keep it is over.

1 minute ago, ijuin said:

Grace would be dismayed by her failure to keep the secret, but also relieved that the ordeal of having to keep it is over.

I can see that, but I expect a major bean spill to happen Monday or Wednesday next week. 

10 hours ago, mlooney said:
19 hours ago, ijuin said:

an android with perfect recall who can count and stack the cards,

It's been a few years, like decades since I played poker, but would card counting be of any use in standard poker?  Blackjack, of course, but poker?  Don't you use the whole deck for each hand?

As I never played poker, no idea. However, Data definitely was good at playing Blackjack.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

She doesn't like keeping secrets mainly because she would like people to be open and communicate, she especially doesn't want to keep herself secret. BUT she also knows why Sam doesn't want to tell anyone his secret and it's a valid reason, it really should be his choice to tell people, and he's trusting Grace to keep that secret.

If Sam does wind up telling Sarah, it would be a relief to Grace because she was really only stressing over keeping the secret from Sarah, but finding out that Sarah figured it out due to the way Grace acted and linking it to what Grace said about the incident with "Smoke", it's probably going to make Grace start second guessing everything she does, she might even try to distance herself from her friends because she'd feel she couldn't be trusted to keep anything said to her in confidence to just between them. Heck Susan's considering having Grace be her "therapist", would Grace want to continue that role if she had reason to think that she could inadvertently reveal secrets by stressing out too much over them?

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

there exists the possibility that Grace will spill the beans in the next few comics

Now I am envisioning a Sketchbook with Grace literally spilling a big pile of beans

Beans and franks
Pork and beans
Boston baked beans
Green beans with bacon
Lima (Peru) beans
Lima (Ohio) beans
Red beans with rice
Navy beans
Refried beans
Jack's giant beanstalk beans
and a Casablanca Hill of Beans

24 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Now I am envisioning a Sketchbook with Grace literally spilling a big pile of beans

Beans and franks
Pork and beans
Boston baked beans
Green beans with bacon
Lima (Peru) beans
Lima (Ohio) beans
Red beans with rice
Navy beans
Refried beans
Jack's giant beanstalk beans
and a Casablanca Hill of Beans

Yo!  The Dan!  Make this happen!  It's a must have sketchbook!

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Heck Susan's considering having Grace be her "therapist", would Grace want to continue that role if she had reason to think that she could inadvertently reveal secrets by stressing out too much over them?

Would SUSAN like her as a therapist in such case?

Granted, most of secrets it would involve is stuff Grace already knows or will know soon ... and Grace's ability to keep secrets is much better when it's not her friends she keeps the secrets from ... but still, I suspect that Susan would re-think that.