• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Tuesday, May 5, 2020

I for one would not want to be shot back to a pre-adolescent state

However, it would be useful being able to chose how to develop with the benefit of experience a second time

And I wouldn't waste that money on tickets to Jimmy Carter's Re-Inauguration Ball

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I for one would not want to be shot back to a pre-adolescent state

However, it would be useful being able to chose how to develop with the benefit of experience a second time

And I wouldn't waste that money on tickets to Jimmy Carter's Re-Inauguration Ball

Tallulah Bankhead said:

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.

However, this is not about living life again ; losing levels and regaining them with potions is something which has no real-life analogy.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:13 PM, hkmaly said:

... does it mean she remains at level 1 range? Hey, level 2 range wasn't THAT tall ... although strategically, I agree, higher level in magic has priority. And there are always cosmetic potions.

Dan said on Discord that Susan's ideal height is about Diane's height, which would be Susan's original height before the growth spurt, my guess is that level 2 ranged is around Susan's current canon height, and it probably the tallest that she's willing to be. I guess she could have used cosmetic potions before to make her look like level 1 ranged height, but maybe at the time she didn't want to mess with it too much and played it safe with level 2 across the board appearancewise.

Now though, maybe she figures she could change things up a bit.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:
On 5/5/2020 at 5:13 AM, hkmaly said:

... does it mean she remains at level 1 range? Hey, level 2 range wasn't THAT tall ... although strategically, I agree, higher level in magic has priority. And there are always cosmetic potions.

Dan said on Discord that Susan's ideal height is about Diane's height, which would be Susan's original height before the growth spurt, my guess is that level 2 ranged is around Susan's current canon height, and it probably the tallest that she's willing to be. I guess she could have used cosmetic potions before to make her look like level 1 ranged height, but maybe at the time she didn't want to mess with it too much and played it safe with level 2 across the board appearancewise.

Well, yes, but I think that level 1 ranged is smaller than Diane's height. Of course maybe I'm just bad in comparing height.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Well, yes, but I think that level 1 ranged is smaller than Diane's height. Of course maybe I'm just bad in comparing height.

Actually, looking back through, you're right, if Diane is her normal height here, then level 2 ranged is same height. Level 1 is probably Rhoda's height then.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Also, back when Parable started, her reaction to the starting height was "Why am I so short?", which sounds like she felt that it was too short for her comfort.

I don't think she was uncomfortable, given that she was shorter than Nanase in "Playing with Dolls" and she ended up taking that form(among others) in a watch home with her.

It's probably more likely that she felt the need to question the logic behind it.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
19 hours ago, ijuin said:

Also, back when Parable started, her reaction to the starting height was "Why am I so short?", which sounds like she felt that it was too short for her comfort.

I don't think she was uncomfortable, given that she was shorter than Nanase in "Playing with Dolls" and she ended up taking that form(among others) in a watch home with her.

It's probably more likely that she felt the need to question the logic behind it.

Maybe not uncomfortable, but certainly smaller than her pre-growth-spurt height.
Also, I think that she wanted that short form because it had more curves. Proportionally.