• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Thursday, May 7, 2020

Well Dan didn't directly confirm or deny anything, but after I mentioned on discord that I was thinking the "cheats" in question were actually mods that changed the distribution and effectiveness of things like potions, Dan responded with "Making it so you can modify robot companions before level 15, just as a random example."

So I'm inclined to believe that Susan was playing a modded version of the game. Now, Fable 2 isn't available on PC and a quick check doesn't say anything about it being moddable on console, but Fable Anniversary Edition (Fable 1 remastered) is on PC and moddable, though Dan could also be pulling from Fallout 4 (given the reference to removing the level requirement for modifying robot companions) in that regard.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So I'm inclined to believe that Susan was playing a modded version of the game. Now, Fable 2 isn't available on PC and a quick check doesn't say anything about it being moddable on console, but Fable Anniversary Edition (Fable 1 remastered) is on PC and moddable, though Dan could also be pulling from Fallout 4 (given the reference to removing the level requirement for modifying robot companions) in that regard.

So not only is it being meta about game rules, it's being meta about rules and mods that don't exist.  You can't see it right now because you aren't in the same room with me, but I have an eye twitch going on right now.

Just now, mlooney said:

So not only is it being meta about game rules, it's being meta about rules and mods that don't exist.  You can't see it right now because you aren't in the same room with me, but I have an eye twitch going on right now.

Parable is heavily inspired by the Fable games, but not copying them exactly, Quality of Life mods exist for other games that allow modding.

54 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Parable is heavily inspired by the Fable games, but not copying them exactly, Quality of Life mods exist for other games that allow modding.

I'm still eye twitching and I just want him to, say it with me, Get On With It.

13 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm still eye twitching and I just want him to, say it with me, Get On With It.

Evil Dan interpretation: Maybe he knows that and he's trolling ... ?

1 minute ago, Darth Fluffy said:

This has occurred to me, but I'm not going to start asking for the story line to be more stretched out with pointless filler strips at this point.

Actually, being unable to get something you had previously bought is something that happens too often in real life

One that comes to mind, Wendy's had a bbq pulled pork sandwich as a promotional item a while back and my dad became quite fond of it

Then my dad went into the hospital

When my dad got out of the hospital, the first thing he wanted was the Wendy's pulled pork sandwich, but that promotion was long over

Now I want a pulled pork sandwich

12 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I'm reminded of someone asking Dan to stop drawing chibi versions of the cast, and Dan's response was more chibis.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I'm reminded of someone asking Dan to stop drawing chibi versions of the cast, and Dan's response was more chibis.

I was that person and I was joking about chibi on Facebook.

9 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Now you got me wanting to order carnitas via DoorDash for lunch.  They are Mexican pulled pork and are just great.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Actually, being unable to get something you had previously bought is something that happens too often in real life

One that comes to mind, Wendy's had a bbq pulled pork sandwich as a promotional item a while back and my dad became quite fond of it

Then my dad went into the hospital

When my dad got out of the hospital, the first thing he wanted was the Wendy's pulled pork sandwich, but that promotion was long over

Barbecue is the thing around here, and all of the Barbecue places have pulled pork as their baseline. They also have an assortment of sauce styles available, from Texas sweet and thick, to runny Carolina Outer Banks vinegar and mustard based, some hot, some not. Guessing Wendy's would be somewhere in the middle of that, trying to market to everybody. And the plethora of styles is probably why the project was doomed.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Randy Milholland has made a name for himself as having this as policy for Something Positive.

19 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Randy Milholland has made a name for himself as having this as policy for Something Positive.

I actually didn't ask for The Dan to stop drawing chibi, I just said I didn't like them on the EGS Facebook page.  The Dan replied that he was going All chibi, All the Time

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I actually didn't ask for The Dan to stop drawing chibi, I just said I didn't like them on the EGS Facebook page.  The Dan replied that he was going All chibi, All the Time

Not an art style I'm fond of either.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Not an art style I'm fond of either.

Well if we end up with a month of chibi we will know that The Dan still reads this forum and is trolling us. 

10 hours ago, mlooney said:
10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Do you have webcam? :)

Also, every game is moddable. Some are easier, some are harder. The mods to disable copy protections tend to be popular.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It's happening more often in real life, where there is real economy and real people producing those things, than in games, where the shop is coded with fixed inventory as it's the easier option.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Well if we end up with a month of chibi we will know that The Dan still reads this forum and is trolling us. 

If he does, I'll endure. No great shakes either way.

5 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

If he does, I'll endure. No great shakes either way.

While chibi isn't by far my favorite art style, I could live with it for a month or so.

4 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Bands are tough; either die young or keep on rockin' till you're droppin'.

Just for what it's worth that's only two members of the original Blue Oyster Cult and one member of the original lineup has died.