• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story Friday, May 8, 2020

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Well actually, it pretty much does mean that. If he had infrequent partners, years apart, he might know who Diane's mom is, based on her age, but Susan was described as his descendant. If he's hundreds of years old, and has infrequent partners over hundreds of years, that's still quite a bit of uncertainty. "I was in my actual twenties" says he knows who it was, and  there haven't been others to cloud the source.

If he's had other partners, they were relatively recent, but still distinguishable by Diane's age.

I'm saying based on the statement of "without him knowing" there could have been partners that he slept with, and then remained in contact long enough to know they didn't get pregnant, whereas with Diane's mom, Adrian said they had agreed it was a one time thing and that she never came back to him when she got pregnant, Susan's ancestor could have been similar.

Also, what are the chances there were 1 or more times where Adrian slept with someone, if she happened to sleep with someone else within a couple days and then later found out she was pregnant, just assumed that the father was the other man?

11 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Hmm, ... it seemed she enjoyed it, but also was happy to disengage. If nothing else happened since then I'd think she was willing to let sleeping cats lie. But since she is actively pursuing changing her outlook, maybe she sees feminine Justin as an opportunity to further that. If so, she'll probably say so in the next few comics and ask to be transformed male. 

The last time Susan thought about it, she realized that she could find men and women equally attractive, so technically she doesn't need to transform.

However....

15 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I guess that would not work out long term for them. Justin was not happy being female.

The fact that Justin is still firmly into men regardless of form, would mean that Susan would have to consider transforming if she were interested in doing things with Justin again. But as I said before, she doesn't have to want to do things to still think the form is attractive.

Diane though, looks like she wants to do all the things.

26 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

But since she is actively pursuing changing her outlook, maybe she sees feminine Justin as an opportunity to further that.

It's also possible that Susan might stay feminine, given her Susan's found finding both males and females sexy aspect.

28 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I guess that would not work out long term for them. Justin was not happy being female.

True and I'm not seeing Justin as a good shipping match for Susan anyway. 

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

How can you know? There are no timestamps on panels.

Dan manages to get the impression of time flow across. One comic, one party, one character transforming, this was minutes or seconds.

Being ace and wanting to go slow is something different. I would say that Ashley certainly just wants to go slow, and even think the same for Grace - her upbringing would basically means she's behind and was squicked because it was too soon for her.

>>> "I'm going to guess slow burn, not exactly ace." <<<

I agree with the barrier being upbringing, imposed guilt, not an internalized sense of wrong; I would think not squicked. She could have continued, she would have enjoyed it, but her parents would have been looking over her shoulder, pointing their fingers, and that bothered her.

Yes, Rhoda is definitely not shy around Catalina and in fact it was hinted she's little dom in their relationship.

Where is that hinted? Context?

She definitely came out of her shell at the mall in the side story. I like assertive Rhoda.

I'm going to guess that she's been around abusive people, family, perhaps, and has learned to withdraw as a defense, but that's not her. Her relationship with Diane and Lucy was such that she only came out of the shell a little for them. They were kind of crappy toward her. We haven't seen much interaction with Grace, just a few hints, but I bet she comes out of her shell around Grace; she's probably a really good tutor.

And they are in relationship LONG time. Definitely enough time to get far.

I wouldn't call the months the comics cover a long time in terms of relationship. Stable, yes, especially for high schoolers, and plenty of time for opportunity. I'll stand by my assessment, they still have their hangups. Maybe more so that Susan, who, while more severe, is aware of them and pursuing change. Nanase is slow to open up to change from what we've seen.

Yes it definitely seems he didn't get that much action. I would think that he would prefer long-term relationship but don't want to disappoint someone by not being able to have children ... so, like, he got some action in his twenties before he started to care and then lot later when virginity and monogamy stopped to be so important.

However, I think it's not because he wouldn't like more but because he's too responsible to have more.

He's got that Green Mile thing going on, he's going to see partners age and die, unless he can find another half breed.

You might be right about the culture change allowing him to pursue casual relationship, but there's always been outlets, if that's what he wanted, he can always be buy sexual, after all. Well, most places, and in some it's legal, too.

I'm going to hazard a guess here, and conjecture that Diane is the result of sympathy sex, comforting someone in her needy moment. It would fit his personality, wouldn't it?

The twenties thing was probably experimentation, and there was an aspect of it that troubled him, so no more.

I would agree that they didn't taken clothes off but did enough for the clothes to get loose, untucked etc. Like, maybe Ashley didn't just STARTED to pull off Elliot's shirt, but she untucked it and was petting Elliot on naked back ... and the thing that made them stop was getting too close to breast, ass or too high on thigh.
I wouldn't expect any touching of genitals even with just hand.

Because it's them?

She doesn't want to "have" her, but she may want to watch.

mlooney changed my mind on that one; there is a possibility she want female Justin.

Yes ; It's not Tedd, so she's not thinking about sex, she's just enthusiastic about the transformations.

Even if it was Tedd ... They sleep together. It's not a euphemism.

That was out of continuity.

I'm not clear on how out of continuity the Q&A personnel are. They seem to exist in the same universe, and they interact with the characters. Stuff they say is by definition canon.

Dan's side stories tend to have impact in the main story. Do you doubt that Kitty is a character?

Dan is the weird one; he exists as the actual author, an occasional character, and as a fictional character in the fictional EGS universe. Talk about covering all the bases.

Maybe not just him. The arc in background might be hint that WE are looking at mirror. On the other hand, that would mean Justin holds the wand in his left hand and he was holding it in right hand on previous panel, so maybe not ... or Dan forgot about this.

Plus, no goatee, how can a mirror be involved, right?

45 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I'm saying based on the statement of "without him knowing" there could have been partners that he slept with, and then remained in contact long enough to know they didn't get pregnant, whereas with Diane's mom, Adrian said they had agreed it was a one time thing and that she never came back to him when she got pregnant, Susan's ancestor could have been similar.

Also, what are the chances there were 1 or more times where Adrian slept with someone, if she happened to sleep with someone else within a couple days and then later found out she was pregnant, just assumed that the father was the other man?

OK, that makes sense. Pandora never said Susan was his only descendant. He could be jumping to conclusions.

45 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The last time Susan thought about it, she realized that she could find men and women equally attractive, so technically she doesn't need to transform.

However....

The fact that Justin is still firmly into men regardless of form, would mean that Susan would have to consider transforming if she were interested in doing things with Justin again. But as I said before, she doesn't have to want to do things to still think the form is attractive.

Diane though, looks like she wants to do all the things.

Perhaps she is flabbergasted how much he is willing to transform. I'll lay low odds that she'll ask to invite Lucy; low, because that seems out of character for EGS, but it is something I would expect she wants at this point. And she would ask. She's a;ready accepted and part of the group dynamic.

45 minutes ago, mlooney said:

It's also possible that Susan might stay feminine, given her Susan's found finding both males and females sexy aspect.

True and I'm not seeing Justin as a good shipping match for Susan anyway. 

Justin is not attracted to female Susan. She would have to periodically transform or actually transition. She may be OK with that.

27 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Justin is not attracted to female Susan. She would have to periodically transform or actually transition. She may be OK with that.

True.  I suspect it would just be periodic transformations.  Susan is more cis that normal in this group of people.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

True.  I suspect it would just be periodic transformations.  Susan is more cis that normal in this group of people.

"Brethren and cistern ..."

14 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
20 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also possible that Susan's mom has a well paying career too.

>>> "Of course, it may not be from him." <<<   Although, that house, we're talking at least a mid level exec. Or, just just comes from money, inheritance or trust fund. ... Guessing she's an exec, based on the France trip. Used to getting what she wants, the school caved to her demands, she knew how to get it done; it reeks of someone with power. Also, Susan, is used to being home alone, Mom must have a job that keeps her away.

It's also possible she was actress or something like that, but one who actually managed her money instead of being at mercy of her agent and/or manager.
But even if she was exec, it's important if she still IS exec.

I know that the we only saw her once with wine, but on the other hand it was nearly 100% of cases we saw her ... and the possibility she's no longer working (and is not exactly happy about it) would match.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Well actually, it pretty much does mean that. If he had infrequent partners, years apart, he might know who Diane's mom is, based on her age, but Susan was described as his descendant. If he's hundreds of years old, and has infrequent partners over hundreds of years, that's still quite a bit of uncertainty. "I was in my actual twenties" says he knows who it was, and  there haven't been others to cloud the source.

If he's had other partners, they were relatively recent, but still distinguishable by Diane's age.

Yes about others and Diane, but I would assume Susan's ancestor was case of Adrian not being that responsible yet.

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
10 hours ago, mlooney said:

And while Justin was feminine.  Granted she's not currently masculine, but that can change fairly quickly, after all this is the house of Tedd, home of zappery and squirrels.

Hmm, ... it seemed she enjoyed it, but also was happy to disengage. If nothing else happened since then I'd think she was willing to let sleeping cats lie. But since she is actively pursuing changing her outlook, maybe she sees feminine Justin as an opportunity to further that. If so, she'll probably say so in the next few comics and ask to be transformed male. 

She enjoyed it, but she also let her hormones control her. Hormones which were result of transformation and not entirely hers.

I would even say that she enjoyed the loss of control more than the sexuality.

9 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Being ace and wanting to go slow is something different. I would say that Ashley certainly just wants to go slow, and even think the same for Grace - her upbringing would basically means she's behind and was squicked because it was too soon for her.

>>> "I'm going to guess slow burn, not exactly ace." <<<

I agree with the barrier being upbringing, imposed guilt, not an internalized sense of wrong; I would think not squicked. She could have continued, she would have enjoyed it, but her parents would have been looking over her shoulder, pointing their fingers, and that bothered her.

Grace's parents? All four? :)

... I guess you are talking about Ashley while I was talking about Grace's upbringing.

20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, Rhoda is definitely not shy around Catalina and in fact it was hinted she's little dom in their relationship.

Where is that hinted? Context?

The way Catalina was apologizing for kissing with Elliot.

I'm going to guess that she's been around abusive people, family, perhaps, and has learned to withdraw as a defense, but that's not her.

I don't think it's family. I think she had lot of bad experience with collective, maybe starting from kindergarten.

21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

And they are in relationship LONG time. Definitely enough time to get far.

I wouldn't call the months the comics cover a long time in terms of relationship. Stable, yes, especially for high schoolers, and plenty of time for opportunity. I'll stand by my assessment, they still have their hangups. Maybe more so that Susan, who, while more severe, is aware of them and pursuing change. Nanase is slow to open up to change from what we've seen.

Disagree. To me, Nanase's behaviour especially in Playing with Dolls suggests she has trouble resisting temptation and probably got very far then wasn't sure about it ... and did it again.

You might be right about the culture change allowing him to pursue casual relationship, but there's always been outlets, if that's what he wanted, he can always be buy sexual, after all. Well, most places, and in some it's legal, too.

Yes, but I think that's what he DIDN'T wanted.

I'm going to hazard a guess here, and conjecture that Diane is the result of sympathy sex, comforting someone in her needy moment. It would fit his personality, wouldn't it?

Definitely.

I would even hazard a guess and assume that it wasn't ONLY relationship he started that way, but in those other cases, it lasted longer or at least he was in contact with the woman longer so he knew she wasn't pregnant.

Yes ; It's not Tedd, so she's not thinking about sex, she's just enthusiastic about the transformations.

Even if it was Tedd ... They sleep together. It's not a euphemism.

I think she WAS thinking about sex when she dressed like this (fifth panel) ... but even that might've been more "maybe if I go overboard with it I will have more chance to get Tedd to notice".

Also, remember her "therapy" when she was talking about someone's dream and ended with "but it's actually transformed Tedd" ... I think that when Tedd is involved, she thinks about sex, just more cuddling and making out than going full way. Remember she was described as "Teddsexual".

That was out of continuity.

I'm not clear on how out of continuity the Q&A personnel are. They seem to exist in the same universe, and they interact with the characters. Stuff they say is by definition canon.

Dan's side stories tend to have impact in the main story. Do you doubt that Kitty is a character?

Kitty was not Q&A, she was in continuity when in Escape from the Mall. Of course she was out-of-continuity in Goonmanji 2.

Dan seems to play with the idea that out-of-continuity, the characters are actors playing the main story, but it wouldn't fit in other cases unless it's documentary about their young - which could actually work, with TF gun and their saved forms they could easily be their older selves playing their younger selves.

On the other hand, in one of first Q&A, Grace specifically said that they are just few years older out-of-continuity ...

Anyway, the way Amanda convinced Adrian was something like "it's out-of-continuity so it doesn't count".

It's not how out of continuity Q&A is. It's definitely out of continuity. The question is what it actually means. And if it always means the same.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

OK, that makes sense. Pandora never said Susan was his only descendant. He could be jumping to conclusions.

... the fact he THINKS he know Susan's ancestor doesn't mean he guessed correctly, right.

However, even if those would be only two cases when he had a child, note that it's likely there are other Adrian's descendants somewhere, related to Susan.

Perhaps she is flabbergasted how much he is willing to transform. I'll lay low odds that she'll ask to invite Lucy; low, because that seems out of character for EGS, but it is something I would expect she wants at this point. And she would ask. She's a;ready accepted and part of the group dynamic.

Maybe she will be thinking about it but I don't think they will invite her to THIS party. Next one, maybe ... hopefully this time with actually asking Edward.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yes, Susan would definitely not want to switch to man permanently, but she might be open to the idea of transforming occasionally ... she choose mind-bending transformation in Goonmanji. It's possible that she will actually opt for some "relaxing transformation" even in-continuity, if she wouldn't be able to change herself in standard way fast enough. And that transformation might even be to male.

... although, I would consider more likely she would go for FV5 instead. She seemed to enjoy THAT as well, and while under FV5 she might be open to sexy times with female Elliot ... and she might not regret that after transforming back, although she WILL likely spent time in shower afterwards, for not-sex-related reasons.

Wait. Scratch that. FV5 doesn't lower intelligence. She will have sexy times with Elliot while IN the shower, then Elliot will soap her, leave, and Susan will detransform while washing off the soap. That should balance her germophobia or whatever with need of sexy times.

... of course, that assumes Ashley will get out of picture or will agree with that. Both is possible ...

53 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yes about others and Diane, but I would assume Susan's ancestor was case of Adrian not being that responsible yet.

That is a possibility.

She enjoyed it, but she also let her hormones control her. Hormones which were result of transformation and not entirely hers.

I would even say that she enjoyed the loss of control more than the sexuality.

Yes, that fits.

Grace's parents? All four? :)

... I guess you are talking about Ashley while I was talking about Grace's upbringing.

Yes, I thought Ashley was the point of discussion.

Grace's upbringing was mostly horrific, and Grace's being well balanced makes absolutely no sense. I try not to think about it.

Grace's DNA parents did not raise her. The human one was dead.

I think both Rhoda and Catalina are aware that Catalina is impulsive, and Rhoda though it was cute that she was apologizing for what she did. Rhoda knows it didn't mean Catalina was choosing Elliot over her. I see it as healthy interaction accommodating each others quirks.

Rhoda is clearly more open around someone she believes accepts her at face value.

I don't think it's family. I think she had lot of bad experience with collective, maybe starting from kindergarten.

Has not been subject of the comics, yet, so we don't know. She was mousey and nerdy on retro-introduction, is apparently over all nerdy still (tutoring, also picking up on her magic so quickly and in depth), hangs out with two alpha chicks for much of the early comic, probably initially just to make it three before Dan fleshed her out, seems to fit in with them, until he gives her a personality, and she seems uncomfortable around them and you have to wonder why she puts up with them. Stockholm Syndrome?

Anyway, she's probably closer to Grace at this point than she is to Diane and Lucy, although we haven't seen it. She would be like Ashley was around Grace. And, of course, closer to Catalina, who hangs out with Susan, at least occasionally, would know Sarah from Susan's anti-uniform club, knows Elliot, so Sarah again and at least an awareness of Tedd and Justin, ... and Nanase, who she's met as Diane's sidekick, is suspicious that Diane has a crush on ... their both pretty connected already.

Disagree. To me, Nanase's behaviour especially in Playing with Dolls suggests she has trouble resisting temptation and probably got very far then wasn't sure about it ... and did it again.

I don't think she has trouble resisting temptation per se. I think she feels overly controlled by Mom, and is trying to both rebel and not rebel. She's afraid Mom won't accept her for who she is, and she's not wrong; "It's only a phase, you'll get over it". She excels academically, yet Mom won't give her credit. I'm sure Nanase is frustrated. So she picks battles that are side issues, where she can rebel without overtly escalating the situation, the hair and the makeover.

Over all, she seems to have good discipline, her martial arts, her divine form, her mom trusts her to manage the house in her absence, "She will guard your children like a tiger" endorsement from her mother for babysitting. People trust her, and she doesn't disappoint.

She does seem to jump to conclusions on several occasions, so far mostly with regard to Ashley. Does she see her subconsciously as competition?

What Mom knows about magic and how it impacts this is a mystery, but it's there.

Yes, but I think that's what he DIDN'T wanted.

That is actually my point, thing he could have done, but it seems he didn't, so that's not what he wants. We don't really know, but it fits the narrative.

I think she WAS thinking about sex when she dressed like this (fifth panel) ... but even that might've been more "maybe if I go overboard with it I will have more chance to get Tedd to notice".

Also, remember her "therapy" when she was talking about someone's dream and ended with "but it's actually transformed Tedd" ... I think that when Tedd is involved, she thinks about sex, just more cuddling and making out than going full way. Remember she was described as "Teddsexual".

She was thinking the dress would get attention from Tedd, maybe not beyond that. Although, you have a point, she must have an awareness that it would interest Tedd; she's not being naive.

Kitty was not Q&A, she was in continuity when in Escape from the Mall. Of course she was out-of-continuity in Goonmanji 2.

Dan seems to play with the idea that out-of-continuity, the characters are actors playing the main story, but it wouldn't fit in other cases unless it's documentary about their young - which could actually work, with TF gun and their saved forms they could easily be their older selves playing their younger selves.

On the other hand, in one of first Q&A, Grace specifically said that they are just few years older out-of-continuity ...

Anyway, the way Amanda convinced Adrian was something like "it's out-of-continuity so it doesn't count".

It's not how out of continuity Q&A is. It's definitely out of continuity. The question is what it actually means. And if it always means the same.

I think we are saying the same thing from different perspectives. Your last line in particular.

... the fact he THINKS he know Susan's ancestor doesn't mean he guessed correctly, right.

However, even if those would be only two cases when he had a child, note that it's likely there are other Adrian's descendants somewhere, related to Susan.

Maybe only half of Europe. That tree spreads fast.

Maybe she will be thinking about it but I don't think they will invite her to THIS party. Next one, maybe ... hopefully this time with actually asking Edward.

I didn't think so either, but that look. Something is being foreshadowed. In any case, Dan's going to tie up these loose ends sometime, isn't he?

Ooo, the magic police are going to investigate her background now.

Yes, Susan would definitely not want to switch to man permanently, but she might be open to the idea of transforming occasionally ... she choose mind-bending transformation in Goonmanji. It's possible that she will actually opt for some "relaxing transformation" even in-continuity, if she wouldn't be able to change herself in standard way fast enough. And that transformation might even be to male.

... although, I would consider more likely she would go for FV5 instead. She seemed to enjoy THAT as well, and while under FV5 she might be open to sexy times with female Elliot ... and she might not regret that after transforming back, although she WILL likely spent time in shower afterwards, for not-sex-related reasons.

Wait. Scratch that. FV5 doesn't lower intelligence. She will have sexy times with Elliot while IN the shower, then Elliot will soap her, leave, and Susan will detransform while washing off the soap. That should balance her germophobia or whatever with need of sexy times.

... of course, that assumes Ashley will get out of picture or will agree with that. Both is possible ...

Susan has already released Elliot from a relationship that they didn't really have, in her own mind, and given her blessing to his relationship with Ashley. Also, she already sees Ashley as at least a friendly acquaintance, if not a friend. She won't move in on their relations ship. It would have to be all three of them in the shower. Ashley approves, and Susan also get to watch. :P

Susan does seem to like FV5; current Fable NP included.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Grace's upbringing was mostly horrific, and Grace's being well balanced makes absolutely no sense. I try not to think about it.

For start, she's not as well-balanced as she pretends to be.

Grace's DNA parents did not raise her. The human one was dead.

Also good point. And we are not sure about the Lespuko one either.

Which makes even less likely she would feel they are looking over her shoulders.

Regarding sexuality, I think she had NO authority figure actually ... everything she knows she got herself on internet - or from Tedd.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think both Rhoda and Catalina are aware that Catalina is impulsive, and Rhoda though it was cute that she was apologizing for what she did. Rhoda knows it didn't mean Catalina was choosing Elliot over her. I see it as healthy interaction accommodating each others quirks.

Not the fact she apologizes. HOW she did. I'm not saying she has ropes and handcuffs (not that there would be anything bad on it), but I think they behave little switched in their relationship ... possibly due to Catalina fearing she would scare Rhoda away otherwise.

Has not been subject of the comics, yet, so we don't know. She was mousey and nerdy on retro-introduction, is apparently over all nerdy still (tutoring, also picking up on her magic so quickly and in depth), hangs out with two alpha chicks for much of the early comic, probably initially just to make it three before Dan fleshed her out, seems to fit in with them, until he gives her a personality, and she seems uncomfortable around them and you have to wonder why she puts up with them. Stockholm Syndrome?

Of course it's all speculation ... but speaking about hanging out with Diane and Lucy, I see it as her needing some protection. They might not look like type she would like to hang around, but they protected her from even WORSE people.

Anyway, she's probably closer to Grace at this point than she is to Diane and Lucy, although we haven't seen it. She would be like Ashley was around Grace. And, of course, closer to Catalina, who hangs out with Susan, at least occasionally, would know Sarah from Susan's anti-uniform club, knows Elliot, so Sarah again and at least an awareness of Tedd and Justin, ... and Nanase, who she's met as Diane's sidekick, is suspicious that Diane has a crush on ... their both pretty connected already.

Yes. It's Lucy who would be the unknown one.

I think she feels overly controlled by Mom, and is trying to both rebel and not rebel. She's afraid Mom won't accept her for who she is, and she's not wrong; "It's only a phase, you'll get over it". She excels academically, yet Mom won't give her credit. I'm sure Nanase is frustrated. So she picks battles that are side issues, where she can rebel without overtly escalating the situation, the hair and the makeover.

What Mom knows about magic and how it impacts this is a mystery, but it's there.

Her Mom pretends a lot. I wouldn't be so sure how she would react. It's not just magic, she knows much more than she seem to.

And I'm sure her Mom is actually proud of her, but doesn't want to admit it to her because she fears Nanase needs as much incentive to get even better as possible.

... thinking about it, I wouldn't be that much surprised if she suddenly turns and goes ok with Nanase's relationship with Ellen specifically due to realizing they can get children with Tedd's help. I mean, I long assume that her only problem with lesbian relationship is that it usually doesn't result in children, and she really wants Nanase to continue the dynasty. (Or is correct world "house"?)

I don't think she has trouble resisting temptation per se.

... not per se, however, I think she's specifically bad at resisting temptation regarding Ellen. Maybe due to Ellen being one of things she choose for her rebellion, her usual discipline is weakened ... or maybe she has just that high libido ... but I'm sure she's extremely impulsive with Ellen, especially regarding sex. I'm also sure they already had threesome with Fox and are using magic in their sexy times in general.
Oh, and regarding Ellen ... Ellen is FV5 male. Both implies higher libido. And she decided to stop being "stick in the mud". And she doesn't have to worry about pregnancy (because they are both girls - maybe she already got the same advice from her mother that Elliot did). I don't think she would be stopping anywhere.

She was thinking the dress would get attention from Tedd, maybe not beyond that. Although, you have a point, she must have an awareness that it would interest Tedd; she's not being naive.

Here Grace talks about Elliot changing to ... oh wait, it's not Elliot changing to Tedd, it's about Elliot changing to HER while WITH Tedd.
And she certainly though beyond that and I think she's ready for everything if Tedd would want it ... what I'm not sure is how far Tedd, who is aware of this, is willing to go. Because, as already mentioned, his perverse self was mostly pretending.
And Grace, while ready for everything, probably doesn't actually WANT everything yet. Unless her biological clocks started ticking aloud, and she should be too young for that.

Maybe only half of Europe. That tree spreads fast.

Depends on WHEN it actually was, but yes, half of Europe (AND U.S.) being Adrian descendants wouldn't really surprise me. If the number would be below ten, THAT would surprise me.

I didn't think so either, but that look. Something is being foreshadowed. In any case, Dan's going to tie up these loose ends sometime, isn't he?

Dan is also known to be very bad at guessing how long something would take. He might start foreshadowing already not realizing it will take literally years until he can fit it in story.

And tying up all loose ends? He will try, but unless he became immortal, he has about same chance as J.R.R.Tolkien.

Ooo, the magic police are going to investigate her background now.

They should already, if they are not totally incompetent. Diane was at one reported incident and got dangerous amount of info, AND they certainly noticed she's still hanging with Nanase and Ellen, and other people she hands with are Rhoda and Lucy, meaning they should start investigating if Rhoda and Lucy are possible indirect danger to Nanase and Ellen.

... we will see how well Rhoda is keeping her magic secret.

Susan has already released Elliot from a relationship that they didn't really have, in her own mind, and given her blessing to his relationship with Ashley. Also, she already sees Ashley as at least a friendly acquaintance, if not a friend. She won't move in on their relations ship. It would have to be all three of them in the shower. Ashley approves, and Susan also get to watch. :P

She released Elliot in the "exclusive" sense. If she realizes relationship can include more than two people ... yes they might end up in shower all three, assuming they find shower big enough.

... they are going to rent the size change wand won't they?

(Note that this likely starts with Susan somehow getting allowed to watch, then later asked if she also wants to participate and responding that only if it would be in shower ...)

Susan does seem to like FV5; current Fable NP included.

Current Fable NP doesn't contain the mental component of FV5 which is what Susan would be interested in.

The spell checker does not recognize 'hijinks'.

... add to dictionary ...

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Matt shows up to deliver the pizza, recognizes female Justin. Hijinks ensue.

The spell checker does not recognize 'hijinks'.

When did Matt see a female Justin before? It was Tedd who answered the door at Grace's birthday party.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

When did Matt see a female Justin before? It was Tedd who answered the door at Grace's birthday party.

I can't think of any time he has.  Plus don't Matt and Justin go to different schools?

Just now, mlooney said:

I can't think of any time he has.  Plus don't Matt and Justin go to different schools?

Matt goes to north, so he'd only potentially recognize Tedd again, certainly Elliot, Susan and Sarah if they don't transform.

Though if Matt delivered pizza to Justin before, that'd change things. Also Matt had to have turned 18 in the past year, he was 17 at Grace's birthday and apparently wasn't supposed to be making deliveries, but my guess would be that the regular delivery person called in sick and Matt was the only other person available to cover it. He should certainly be old enough by now to have been making deliveries legally for a few months.

Of course, this being EGS, written by The "Conservation of Detail, what that all about?" Dan, it's going to be a new person.  I'll grant that it being Matt would not push the shiny candy colored button as hard as it could, but let's be real, The Dan is going to use a new person.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Dan will bring in an established character from so far out in left field that you will need a programme to identify him

It will be Phill

Possible, but unlikely, mainly due to how far away Phill lives from the main cast.

41 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Oops, you're right, they do. Matt is with Susan, Elliot, Sarah, Tedd, Catalina, and Ashley at North.

Now I'm curious where Sam goes. No one seems to know him outside of the gaming context.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

I was thinking that female Justin might still be identifiable, but see above.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Though if Matt delivered pizza to Justin before, that'd change things. Also Matt had to have turned 18 in the past year, he was 17 at Grace's birthday and apparently wasn't supposed to be making deliveries, but my guess would be that the regular delivery person called in sick and Matt was the only other person available to cover it. He should certainly be old enough by now to have been making deliveries legally for a few months.

Well, actually, he was a go getter, and has hopefully moved on to better opportunities. Quite a bit opens up at eighteen. Likely he's in college now, may have moved away.

The idea makes less and less sense, sorry.

2 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Now I'm curious where Sam goes. No one seems to know him outside of the gaming context.

I thought Sam was a student at the community college.

4 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Likely he's in college now, may have moved away.

I thought he was in the same grade as Susan.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

... I think you may be right. I vaguely recall someone saying they had classes with him. Still possible, even if they're not in the same grade, but much less likely. I had one class that was very much not a core course that was like that, most of the students were seniors, I took it in a free slot as a junior.

Here, you can take a few of your courses at a local community college in the AP program and get college credit along with filling your high school requirement, depending on your grade. It's a good program. You are responsible for your own transportation, which makes it daunting and late school career only. Plus the drive time take a chunk of your school day. I don't know if it's the location or the era; we had no equivalent where and when I went to school.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

To be specific, the link I gave had Sarah say that he was in some of her classes. So it's likely he's in Senior year with them all as well.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

For start, she's not as well-balanced as she pretends to be.

Also good point. And we are not sure about the Lespuko one either.

Which makes even less likely she would feel they are looking over her shoulders.

Regarding sexuality, I think she had NO authority figure actually ... everything she knows she got herself on internet - or from Tedd.

She doesn't seem to hold back much, hates keeping secrets, I don't think she's wearing a mask.

That particular parent may have mentored her a little. She did seem to have an attachment. I had the impression that he had a clinical demeanor.

I feel you are right about her becoming aware of things; the extremely sheltered cover story isn't far off, in terms of information available to her.

Not the fact she apologizes. HOW she did. I'm not saying she has ropes and handcuffs (not that there would be anything bad on it), but I think they behave little switched in their relationship ... possibly due to Catalina fearing she would scare Rhoda away otherwise.

Of course it's all speculation ... but speaking about hanging out with Diane and Lucy, I see it as her needing some protection. They might not look like type she would like to hang around, but they protected her from even WORSE people.

Yes. It's Lucy who would be the unknown one.

Whatever their dynamic is, it appears mutual and healthy. Catalina is aware that she can be overly impulsive, I don't see her appology as extreme. Nor do they whiff of codependency.

OK, that group reeks of codependency. Hopefully, they are going to get better, as foreshadowed.

Her Mom pretends a lot. I wouldn't be so sure how she would react. It's not just magic, she knows much more than she seem to.

And I'm sure her Mom is actually proud of her, but doesn't want to admit it to her because she fears Nanase needs as much incentive to get even better as possible.

... thinking about it, I wouldn't be that much surprised if she suddenly turns and goes ok with Nanase's relationship with Ellen specifically due to realizing they can get children with Tedd's help. I mean, I long assume that her only problem with lesbian relationship is that it usually doesn't result in children, and she really wants Nanase to continue the dynasty. (Or is correct world "house"?)

Mom is proud of her, but doesn't want to admit it to her. She's bragged to others.

The driving may backfire. My dad was a bit like that, and I dropped out for three year before deciding what I wanted to do.

Lesbians have children. There are several methods, including the purely biological one, use a male.

... not per se, however, I think she's specifically bad at resisting temptation regarding Ellen. Maybe due to Ellen being one of things she choose for her rebellion, her usual discipline is weakened ... or maybe she has just that high libido ... but I'm sure she's extremely impulsive with Ellen, especially regarding sex. I'm also sure they already had threesome with Fox and are using magic in their sexy times in general.

Oh, and regarding Ellen ... Ellen is FV5 male. Both implies higher libido. And she decided to stop being "stick in the mud". And she doesn't have to worry about pregnancy (because they are both girls - maybe she already got the same advice from her mother that Elliot did). I don't think she would be stopping anywhere.

She seems very attached, but I'm not seeing the 'bad at resisting temptation regarding Ellen'. If anything, she resisted Ellen quite a bit at first.

'I'm sure she's extremely impulsive with Ellen' - they seem at times to be less than comfortable around each other, current party story line being a case in point. They are not on the same wavelength.

'using magic in their sexy times in general' - sounds likely. They have quite a bit to play around with.

'threesome with Fox' - that is a troubling notion. Fox isn't another person, she's an extension of Nanase. It's like incest++. "Got F#$% yourself" ... "Yeah, I could do that. Literally." At the same time, Ellen making out with Fox can't be the same for anyone as Ellen making out with Nanase. Does Fox even have the capacity to enjoy things? It seems she does, from the video games, but how deep does it go? Does she have to be programmed to enjoy it? Recall that Fox lost credible behavior when things went off script; Mom thought Nanase had been drinking. Then again, Data was 'fully functional', so who knows?

Ellen has been stated to have Elliot's memories, but not as if they're hers. Her dreamworld memories are more real to her. It has also been stated in-canon that she's exactly what you said, she's transformed. Grace used that as the reason she didn't have to transform at the birthday party. But it's also been contradicted, re: Magus's question and Elliot's follow up, and Ellen's response, and I agree, I'm not seeing it. She has never been a male. She has someone else's memories of being male. And those aren't even dominant. She has opportunity to try it if she wanted to, but doesn't seem keen on pursuing it.

She was created by the dewitchery diamond splitting her off from Elliot. Is that the equivalent of FV5? She could just have a naturally high libido, she seemed to be similar in her dream world, which had nothing to do with the FV5 beam.

Here Grace talks about Elliot changing to ... oh wait, it's not Elliot changing to Tedd, it's about Elliot changing to HER while WITH Tedd.
And she certainly though beyond that and I think she's ready for everything if Tedd would want it ... what I'm not sure is how far Tedd, who is aware of this, is willing to go. Because, as already mentioned, his perverse self was mostly pretending.
And Grace, while ready for everything, probably doesn't actually WANT everything yet. Unless her biological clocks started ticking aloud, and she should be too young for that.

Depends on WHEN it actually was, but yes, half of Europe (AND U.S.) being Adrian descendants wouldn't really surprise me. If the number would be below ten, THAT would surprise me.

Dan is also known to be very bad at guessing how long something would take. He might start foreshadowing already not realizing it will take literally years until he can fit it in story.

And tying up all loose ends? He will try, but unless he became immortal, he has about same chance as J.R.R.Tolkien.

They should already, if they are not totally incompetent. Diane was at one reported incident and got dangerous amount of info, AND they certainly noticed she's still hanging with Nanase and Ellen, and other people she hands with are Rhoda and Lucy, meaning they should start investigating if Rhoda and Lucy are possible indirect danger to Nanase and Ellen.

She released Elliot in the "exclusive" sense. If she realizes relationship can include more than two people ... yes they might end up in shower all three, assuming they find shower big enough.

(Note that this likely starts with Susan somehow getting allowed to watch, then later asked if she also wants to participate and responding that only if it would be in shower ...)

Current Fable NP doesn't contain the mental component of FV5 which is what Susan would be interested in.

If they are squirrel biological clocks, she's long past ready. Does she get the average? Something, blah, blah, blah, about Grace - it's best if you don't think too hard about it.

You'd think that in the long run, people without a half-breed ancestor would be rare.

I will probably no longer care by then.

That is a good point, Diane is already on their radar.

Susan's shower is likely plenty big.

She seemed happy enough with the results.

It had not occurred to me that was a possibility, now I want to ferret out the source of the spell checking.

13 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

She doesn't seem to hold back much, hates keeping secrets, I don't think she's wearing a mask.

Yes she does. Jerry saw it clearly.

Whatever their dynamic is, it appears mutual and healthy. Catalina is aware that she can be overly impulsive, I don't see her appology as extreme. Nor do they whiff of codependency.

Yes, it appears mutual and healthy, it's only noteworthy because the dynamic seems reverse to how they appear in public.

Mom is proud of her, but doesn't want to admit it to her. She's bragged to others.

Yes.

The driving may backfire. My dad was a bit like that, and I dropped out for three year before deciding what I wanted to do.

Yes ... however, she may be better at it that your dad. So far, we don't even know her goals for Nanase, so we can't be sure how well her behavior works for those.

Lesbians have children. There are several methods, including the purely biological one, use a male.

Yes, even without Tedd's technology or Grace's biology there are options (although adoption wouldn't help in this case), but it still reduces the chance to have children somewhat.

She seems very attached, but I'm not seeing the 'bad at resisting temptation regarding Ellen'. If anything, she resisted Ellen quite a bit at first.

'I'm sure she's extremely impulsive with Ellen' - they seem at times to be less than comfortable around each other, current party story line being a case in point. They are not on the same wavelength.

Not always, yes. As I mentioned, Nanase might sometimes wonder if she wasn't too impulsive, but I think she can't resist too long.

'threesome with Fox' - that is a troubling notion. Fox isn't another person, she's an extension of Nanase. It's like incest++. "Got F#$% yourself" ... "Yeah, I could do that. Literally." At the same time, Ellen making out with Fox can't be the same for anyone as Ellen making out with Nanase. Does Fox even have the capacity to enjoy things? It seems she does, from the video games, but how deep does it go? Does she have to be programmed to enjoy it? Recall that Fox lost credible behavior when things went off script; Mom thought Nanase had been drinking. Then again, Data was 'fully functional', so who knows?

Fox is connected to Nanase's subconscious even when not directly controlled. I think it may be more like masturbation than incest. Specifically, I think that NANASE has the capacity to enjoy things Fox feels.

I'm not sure how exactly would various things with Fox feel. But I think that Nanase does. That they might find out that some things don't feel right but that they tried.

Note that the loss of credibility was failure of direct control AND that Nanase might be better at it now.

Ellen has been stated to have Elliot's memories, but not as if they're hers. Her dreamworld memories are more real to her. It has also been stated in-canon that she's exactly what you said, she's transformed. Grace used that as the reason she didn't have to transform at the birthday party. But it's also been contradicted, re: Magus's question and Elliot's follow up, and Ellen's response, and I agree, I'm not seeing it. She has never been a male. She has someone else's memories of being male. And those aren't even dominant. She has opportunity to try it if she wanted to, but doesn't seem keen on pursuing it.

She was created by the dewitchery diamond splitting her off from Elliot. Is that the equivalent of FV5? She could just have a naturally high libido, she seemed to be similar in her dream world, which had nothing to do with the FV5 beam.

You're right, saying that she's FV5 male was incorrect. What I meant was that she started as FV5 male (which is not same as being male), and I think that the dreamworld memories helped her a lot to not feel like Elliot's copy ... but, yes, definitely didn't do anything to lower her libido.

If they are squirrel biological clocks, she's long past ready. Does she get the average?

... funny point but I don't think so. I also don't think her livespan was lowered due to being part squirrel.

On 5/11/2020 at 5:29 AM, hkmaly said:

You'd think that in the long run, people without a half-breed ancestor would be rare.

I don't think that people without ANY fairy in ancestor would be rare. I think they are EXTINCT. That every human in current EGS world has some fairy ancestors, though not necessarily fairy genes. Reference.

However, that doesn't need to be true when we speak about Adrian specifically. He may not be that old.

I will probably no longer care by then.

You are pessimist. I don't plan to die or stop reading EGS for any other reason. (Granted, not everything goes according to plan ...)

Also, it's still open question if dying forces you to stop reading webcomics. Philosophers and theologists are arguing about it for thousands of years already. Well, ok, not SPECIFICALLY about webcomics, but about related questions.

assuming they find shower big enough.

... they are going to rent the size change wand won't they.

Susan's shower is likely plenty big.

Hmmm ... maybe.

She seemed happy enough with the results.

She's happy with the autocleaning purity. Something different but equally desirable to her.