• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Saturday, May 9, 2020

Give me a head with hair, magically controllable hair
Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there hair, stays still a while longer
Here, baby, there, momma, everywhere, daddy, daddy
Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it, as long as I don't need to cut or comb it, my hair

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

Oh come on now.  Being meta about hair cuts?  I know that The Dan is trolling us now.

... starting to seem that way ... like, ok, it IS an interesting point, but spending whole update on it seems more like trolling.

44 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... starting to seem that way ... like, ok, it IS an interesting point, but spending whole update on it seems more like trolling.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that felt that way.

... oh, and BTW: If Susan owns just one barbershop, it's because there is just one in whole kingdom ; which, while absurd in reality, could easily happen in game world.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:
48 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that felt that way.

I'm ready to excuse it for Susan in first panel, though :)

Logically speaking, she should change clothes soon (hopefully not spending too much time on it) but I wouldn't complain if she postpones it.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I'm ready to excuse it for Susan in first panel, though

Yeah, that's nice, but I'm not sure that it's enough to cover the issues with pacing that this story line has and this update is a prime example of a time waster.  I fear that Tuesday's update will Susan actually going to the barber.

37 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The animated clips I could find were incredibly choppy

So I picked one with a Baritone who reminds me of Tensaided, sans beard

Ok then.  

Glad to know I wasn't totally off base on the Bugs Bunny thing then.

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The animated clips I could find were incredibly choppy

Baritone? Isn't that role usually played by a Tenor?

11 minutes ago, ijuin said:
16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Baritone, Tenor, what should someone imagine under it? Can't people use some clear units, like Hertz? Or, say, A2 - C5 , if 103.83Hz-523.25Hz is too long for them?

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Rossini wrote the role of Figaro in The Barber of Seville for a Baritone

The Largo Al Factotum aria is is written in C major with a voice range that covers Dto G(optional A4), with a very high tessitura

\new Staff \with { \remove "Time_signature_engraver" }{\clef bass \key c \major d_"Range"\glissando g'  \parenthesize a'}
A few Tenors have performed this

9 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Rossini wrote the role of Figaro in The Barber of Seville for a Baritone

The Largo Al Factotum aria is is written in C major with a voice range that covers Dto G(optional A4), with a very high tessitura

\new Staff \with { \remove "Time_signature_engraver" }{\clef bass \key c \major d_"Range"\glissando g'  \parenthesize a'}

Now I know how people feel when I geek out on either programming or TTRPG design stuff.

13 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And that was lowest level musical geekdom

And I am slightly tone deaf, so any level of musical geekdom is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Being tone deaf is a disadvantage many people who claim to be musicians choose to ignore

I also have bad rhythm and poor hand eye coordination.   Musician is a career that I could not even start to take. I can barely be a music fan.

18 hours ago, mlooney said:
18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Now I know how people feel when I geek out on either programming or TTRPG design stuff.

Yes, better. I mean, I still don't understand it of course, but at least I can recognize the geekdom.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:
8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Being tone deaf is a disadvantage many people who claim to be musicians choose to ignore

I also have bad rhythm and poor hand eye coordination.   Musician is a career that I could not even start to take. I can barely be a music fan.

Well, you shouldn't, however I'm sure there are musicians with same problems but more confidence who got to lot of money despite them.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, you shouldn't, however I'm sure there are musicians with same problems but more confidence who got to lot of money despite them.

Meh. I'm a programmer and I wrote a lot of programs that did music.  Close enough.