• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story Monday, May 11, 2020

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Getting a "you're hot" response from Elliot seems to have caused Justin to have a mental blue screen.

... if he knew he can get such response from ELLIOT he wouldn't bother waiting for pizza.

Now, other reactions:

Ellen's mom is young, so she doesn't see that big problem with it ... but for Susan and Nanase, the combination of "Mom" and "Hot" seems weird. We saw their moms, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

Also, yes, it's totally scan worthy. Also, yes, Diane, we can scan you too but we already have blonde Susan you can use as backup in case of problems.

And regarding comments ... well, lot of comics have problems with technology due to sliding time ... but only Dan might be thinking about how he might need to make the characters higher in few years.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, yes, it's totally scan worthy. Also, yes, Diane, we can scan you too but we already have blonde Susan you can use as backup in case of problems.

Well, aside from blonde Susan being taller than Diane.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So Elliot and Justin are frozen?

Is this some sort of Statue party  where the guest who moves the least wins the door prize?

Well, we can see that Justin is frozen, but we're not so sure about Elliot.  He might not be.

35 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Getting a "you're hot" response from Elliot seems to have caused Justin to have a mental blue screen.

Who's mom would Ellen be referring to here?  Apparently Dan accidentally designed Justin's form to look somewhat like Bakugo's mom from "My Hero Acedamia" :

550.jpg

Dan on discord:

Mention of My Hero Academia finally made it click why I thought of "someone's mom" (or, at least, a possibility). I unintentionally dressed Justin very similarly to Bakugo's mom o_o

Just now, hkmaly said:

... if he knew he can get such response from ELLIOT he wouldn't bother waiting for pizza.

I'm wondering if Elliot's reaction has reminded Justin that he still has feelings for Elliot, does Susan need to give another pep talk?

Just now, hkmaly said:

Ellen's mom is young, so she doesn't see that big problem with it ... but for Susan and Nanase, the combination of "Mom" and "Hot" seems weird. We saw their moms, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

If Ellen's basing her hot mom comment on her own mother, then Susan's and Nanase's looks are understandable. Nanase's mom is hot, when she's been made to look 18 and given cat features though.

Maybe this is another "second life" memory though? But then the question would still be who's mom? I feel like Tedd's mom was out of the picture even in that universe, unless it was Edward that left Tedd and Noriko was a better mother, would still be extremely awkward. Archie's or Kaoli's moms are probably seyunolu as well, dunno if they'd be comparable.

Just now, mlooney said:
Just now, hkmaly said:

Well, aside from blonde Susan being taller than Diane.

Does Tedd still have the backup files of the forms she gave Susan 3 weeks ago?

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Does Tedd still have the backup files of the forms she gave Susan 3 weeks ago?

Oh, right, he made a short version of Susan then.   But she wasn't blonde in those.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It was one of the options she asked for, as well as a "black-blonde" option. If Tedd simply used a hair spell like Nanase's just for the two hair options and then a morphing spell for the body options, maybe Susan could mix and match a bit.

Forgot about that.  Yeah, he's got what amounts to Diane with longer hair available right now.

Just now, mlooney said:

Forgot about that.  Yeah, he's got what amounts to Diane with longer hair available right now.

I wonder if Diane would be up for trying out "Vladia hair"

Just a slight change of subject, why did Elliot change back to his masculine form between this comic and the last one?  I mean I know the meta reason, but why did he do it in universe?

12 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Just a slight change of subject, why did Elliot change back to hsi masculine form between this comic and the last one?  I mean I know the meta reason, but why did he do it in universe?

Don't know, but maybe it had something to do with what he was whispering to Ashley on the previous page? I would assume that he wasn't paying attention to Justin transforming (beyond maybe the super busty form), because he was busy whispering, and then transforming himself, then got to see Justin's final form.

But is it even his final form? ;)

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Just a slight change of subject, why did Elliot change back to hsi masculine form between this comic and the last one?  I mean I know the meta reason, but why did he do it in universe?

Don't know, but maybe it had something to do with what he was whispering to Ashley on the previous page? I would assume that he wasn't paying attention to Justin transforming (beyond maybe the super busty form), because he was busy whispering, and then transforming himself, then got to see Justin's final form.

Could be.  That does fit the flow of the comics, but we still need to know what he was whispering to Ashley to really know what is going on. 

Just now, mlooney said:

Could be.  That does fit the flow of the comics, but we still need to know what he was whispering to Ashley to really know what is going on. 

Pure speculation, Elliot doesn't know that Justin felt so strongly about him at Grace's birthday party and the effect that Elliot had when he said Justin looked cute in female form, Elliot might have been thinking back on Grace's birthday, and is about to put foot squarely in mouth by inadvertently triggering those feelings again.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Pure speculation, Elliot doesn't know that Justin felt so strongly about him at Grace's birthday party and the effect that Elliot had when he said Justin looked cute in female form, Elliot might have been thinking back on Grace's birthday, and is about to put foot squarely in mouth by inadvertently triggering those feelings again.

I hope not, not after all the buildup for Justin and Luke.  Would be Not NIce to have Justin revert to pre birthday party feelings for Elliot.

14 hours ago, Scotty said:

But is it even his final form? ;)

Justin hasn't yet figured out how to go "Super Saiyan". :D

But seriously, I like the form that Justin decided to go with--it's attractive without being over-the-top the way that the form in panel 3 of the previous page was.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Justin hasn't yet figured out how to go "Super Saiyan".

That's an anime not video game thing right?  Just making sure I'm getting the reference the way I think I should.  I don't do either, so I;m not sure...

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

But seriously, I like the form that Justin decided to go with--it's attractive without being over-the-top the way that the form in panel 3 of the previous page was.

So do I.  And obviously Elliot does too, as well as Ellen.  Of course what Ellen was saying, and would have in most other comic strips that don't have The Dan's aggressive keep in PG stance,  is Fem-Justin looks like a MILF, and I don't mean Moro Islamic Liberation Front.

Justin wanted to dazzle a guy with a feminine form, and Elliot knew that. I think Elliot transformed back to his birth form to make sure Justin got that.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

That's an anime not video game thing right?  Just making sure I'm getting the reference the way I think I should.  I don't do either, so I;m not sure...

It's from the Dragonball franchise, in case you didn't know. It started as a manga, and now includes several anime series and many video games. The most popular and well known parts of the franchise are the anime series Dragonball Z and Dragonball Super.

14 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Justin wanted to dazzle a guy with a feminine form, and Elliot knew that. I think Elliot transformed back to his birth form to make sure Justin got that.

That makes a much sense as any other non meta reason does.

On 5/11/2020 at 3:55 PM, Scotty said:
On 5/11/2020 at 9:30 AM, hkmaly said:

I'm wondering if Elliot's reaction has reminded Justin that he still has feelings for Elliot, does Susan need to give another pep talk?

As if he needed reminder.

Yes, this was what I was referring to.

On 5/11/2020 at 3:55 PM, Scotty said:

If Ellen's basing her hot mom comment on her own mother, then Susan's and Nanase's looks are understandable. Nanase's mom is hot, when she's been made to look 18 and given cat features though.

Well, yes, but that was out of continuity. In-continuity, Nanase didn't ever saw how hot her mom was when 18. Well, unless she saw some photo I guess ...

On 5/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, Scotty said:
On 5/11/2020 at 3:57 PM, mlooney said:

But she wasn't blonde in those.

It was one of the options she asked for, as well as a "black-blonde" option. If Tedd simply used a hair spell like Nanase's just for the two hair options and then a morphing spell for the body options, maybe Susan could mix and match a bit.

No: the watches are explicitly clone form with the variants pre-mixed in computer. Of course, he CAN pre-mix them on computer again. He DOES have the backups - he didn't scanned Susan in that story, he used her existing backup.

On 5/11/2020 at 7:51 PM, Scotty said:
On 5/11/2020 at 5:14 PM, mlooney said:

Neither whispering nor transforming makes him THAT busy. He might manage to do it WHILE paying attention and I would actually assume he saw SOME Justin before starting whispering, although from his reaction it seems that at least for the final form he wasn't paying attention.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Of course what Ellen was saying, and would have in most other comic strips that don't have The Dan's aggressive keep in PG stance,  is Fem-Justin looks like a MILF, and I don't mean Moro Islamic Liberation Front.

Hmmm, seems likely, although I wonder if it would be in-character for Ellen to self-censor herself like that even without Dan's stance. It probably would be for Elliot.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:
5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

That makes a much sense as any other non meta reason does.

... in hindsight I agree with this.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm, seems likely, although I wonder if it would be in-character for Ellen to self-censor herself like that even without Dan's stance. It probably would be for Elliot.

It's my head canon that she didn't self-censor and that's why Susan and Nanase gave her the looks they did.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

So do I.  And obviously Elliot does too, as well as Ellen.  Of course what Ellen was saying, and would have in most other comic strips that don't have The Dan's aggressive keep in PG stance,  is Fem-Justin looks like a MILF, and I don't mean Moro Islamic Liberation Front.

Justin does look like a youngish MILF in this form, and that's NOT a bad thing, given the stated desire to wow the boys.

Scotty's invocation of the line " But is it even his final form? " was presumably a Dragonball Z reference, attributed to the villain Frieza's boast of "This isn't even my final form!" when Frieza was changing into successively more powerful forms as the battle between him and the heroes escalated. I followed with a reference to the Super Saiyan transformation, both referring to Goku finally becoming powerful enough to defeat Frieza's ultimate form by using it, and to Greg-sensei's earlier efforts to achieve a "Super" transformation.

Well, yes, but that was out of continuity. In-continuity, Nanase didn't ever saw how hot her mom was when 18. Well, unless she saw some photo I guess ...

I kinda suspect that Mama Kitsune doesn't talk about her high school years much, she probably didn't elaborate on why she didn't like Adrian as a teacher.

No: the watches are explicitly clone form with the variants pre-mixed in computer. Of course, he CAN pre-mix them on computer again. He DOES have the backups - he didn't scanned Susan in that story, he used her existing backup.

I mean, we didn't see it, but Tedd could have felt that a modified hair spell would work better than a full on clone form variant just to change hair styles.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

Justin does look like a youngish MILF in this form, and that's NOT a bad thing, given the stated desire to wow the boys.

My thoughts exactly.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

Scotty's invocation of the line " But is it even his final form? " was presumably a Dragonball Z reference, attributed to the villain Frieza's boast of "This isn't even my final form!" when Frieza was changing into successively more powerful forms as the battle between him and the heroes escalated. I followed with a reference to the Super Saiyan transformation, both referring to Goku finally becoming powerful enough to defeat Frieza's ultimate form by using it, and to Greg-sensei's earlier efforts to achieve a "Super" transformation.

So, anime or manga then.  Got it.