• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Thursday, May 14, 2020

49 minutes ago, ijuin said:

If she's going for "evil" again, then a goatee might be appropriate.

Like I said before, she's not a 1st edition AD&D lady dwarf, why does she need facial hair anyway?

Need it? No. Want it? Apparently. Given that it's Susan, I figure that she just wants to try out having a new masculine trait, just as many boys in EGS want to try out having boobs.

31 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Need it? No. Want it? Apparently. Given that it's Susan, I figure that she just wants to try out having a new masculine trait, just as many boys in EGS want to try out having boobs.

Maybe.  This does raise the question, why hasn't Tedd made a masc form that comes with a beard yet?  For that matter, why didn't he make a bearded form back when he was worried about people thinking he was a girl?  In the high school1 I graduated from there were 3 or 4 guys that had full beards, so I know it's possible for teenage males to have beards.  Granted they were rare and only amounted to about 6% of the student body.  

1Very small school in Grove, Oklahoma. Graduating class of 1978 size was just over 100.

For Tedd specifically, I think that it is a matter of not wanting to look more like Edward--most teenagers, in my experience, do NOT want to increase their resemblance to their parents.

4 minutes ago, ijuin said:

For Tedd specifically, I think that it is a matter of not wanting to look more like Edward--most teenagers, in my experience, do NOT want to increase their resemblance to their parents.

So he grows a full beard, not just a bushy mustache.  Of course that would play havoc on being gender fluid.   Not saying it's a good idea, just wondering why he never though of it.

40 minutes ago, Intro said:

I spent my morning before work making this edit, so all of you have to see it. 

EpisodeTwo.png

OK, I confess my ignorance, episode 2 of what?

48 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

No

These just scream "Bristles" and "Wool"

Do you have something in "Silk"?

How about natural skin tone....

19 hours ago, mlooney said:

And we have a selection of beards for Susan.  None of which, in my arrogant opinion, look good on Susan.

The most non-matching aspect in my opinion is color. While beard can technically have different color from hair, I don't think it can work the way Susans beards look. Well, maybe the Fable Twader.

19 hours ago, ijuin said:

If she's going for "evil" again, then a goatee might be appropriate.

I really don't understand why Spock's goatee is missing. It would be obvious option. Is that waiting for NEXT comic?

350?cb=20090220220251&path-prefix=en

18 hours ago, mlooney said:
18 hours ago, ijuin said:

Maybe.  This does raise the question, why hasn't Tedd made a masc form that comes with a beard yet?  For that matter, why didn't he make a bearded form back when he was worried about people thinking he was a girl?  In the high school1 I graduated from there were 3 or 4 guys that had full beards, so I know it's possible for teenage males to have beards. 

It needs some level of maturity to grow beard ... Tedd might be too young for proper beard at that point. Now, beard form from TF gun? THAT could work.

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

Of course that would play havoc on being gender fluid.   Not saying it's a good idea, just wondering why he never though of it.

Maybe it WAS due to being gender fluid ...

13 hours ago, Intro said:

I spent my morning before work making this edit, so all of you have to see it.

EpisodeTwo.png

Nice try but it would need more editing.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Seconding that. It was season 2 episode 10, so why episode 2?

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
20 hours ago, mlooney said:

And we have a selection of beards for Susan.  None of which, in my arrogant opinion, look good on Susan.

The most non-matching aspect in my opinion is color. While beard can technically have different color from hair, I don't think it can work the way Susans beards look. Well, maybe the Fable Twader.

Just as a personal twitch I have a slight issue with fem forms with beards.  Not sure why,  but they just hit me wrong.  I hope that she doesn't end up with facial hair for the rest of this story line.  Of course that would tend to indicate that this is, in fact, a shaggy dog story at this point.

21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
18 hours ago, mlooney said:

Maybe.  This does raise the question, why hasn't Tedd made a masc form that comes with a beard yet?  For that matter, why didn't he make a bearded form back when he was worried about people thinking he was a girl?  In the high school1 I graduated from there were 3 or 4 guys that had full beards, so I know it's possible for teenage males to have beards. 

It needs some level of maturity to grow beard ... Tedd might be too young for proper beard at that point. Now, beard form from TF gun? THAT could work.

I was assuming it would be a TF gun based form as the time frame I was thinking about would be early in Tedd's career of messing with the TF gun, not after he started making watches with forms on them.

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:
25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I was assuming it would be a TF gun based form as the time frame I was thinking about would be early in Tedd's career of messing with the TF gun, not after he started making watches with forms on them.

Hmmmm ... now, note that FV5 actually REMOVES most of body hair. Dan commented that the male and female transformations both tend to default to a wide range reduction in that regard. This may or may not include beard. Maybe it wouldn't be as easy as expected for some reason?

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmmm ... now, note that FV5 actually REMOVES most of body hair. Dan commented that the male and female transformations both tend to default to a wide range reduction in that regard. This may or may not include beard. Maybe it wouldn't be as easy as expected for some reason?

Now that you mention the fact the FV5 is more or less hairless, that does raise some questions about the ability of the the TF gun to generate hair other than on the head.  

On 5/14/2020 at 9:09 AM, mlooney said:

Maybe Star Wars? If I remember correctly Obi-Wan's beard fist appeared in that movie (chronologically speaking; obviously he had it in the original Star Wars AKA A New Hope AKA episode 4). It didn't look like that, though...

1 minute ago, ChronosCat said:

Maybe Star Wars? If I remember correctly Obi-Wan's beard fist appeared in that movie (chronologically speaking; obviously he had it in the original Star Wars AKA A New Hope AKA episode 4). It didn't look like that, though...

I've never seen episode 2 or 3 of Star Wars. For that matter haven't seen 7,8 and 9.  Might do those some time. 

8 hours ago, mlooney said:
8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I've never seen episode 2 or 3 of Star Wars. For that matter haven't seen 7,8 and 9.  Might do those some time. 

You saw episode 1 and didn't saw 2 or 3? You should definitely fix that.

... although I must admit I also didn't saw 8 and 9.

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

If you watch the prequel episodes, bring brain bleach.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'd love to; can't unsee it, brain bleach is not a real thing. Mesa thinks Massa Lucas's movee is like sumpin I steps in, an it steenks bad!

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not only did I see episode 1, I saw it during opening day.  Not first screening, but 2nd or 3rd.

18 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'd love to; can't unsee it, brain bleach is not a real thing.

It totally is, but most versions are very imprecise so most people don't risk it. Or at least shouldn't.
Although there is research for more precise stuff.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It totally is, but most versions are very imprecise so most people don't risk it. Or at least shouldn't.
Although there is research for more precise stuff.

OK, that's a good answer, and that's some scary $#!%. Maybe I can live with Jar Jar in my head after all ...