• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Friday May 15, 2020

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/party-156

Well, one things seems certain, the delivery person is female, and we've seen her before, question is though....does her reaction mean that she's Smoke?

I mean, we don't know the gender of Smoke, and I would expect that if Smoke ran into Grace again, they'd likely have a similar reaction, especially if they were delivering pizza, and someone who scared the bejeezus out of them a few days ago happens to answer the door.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/party-156

Well, one things seems certain, the delivery person is female, and we've seen her before, question is though....does her reaction mean that she's Smoke?

I mean, we don't know the gender of Smoke, and I would expect that if Smoke ran into Grace again, they'd likely have a similar reaction, especially if they were delivering pizza, and someone who scared the bejeezus out of them a few days ago happens to answer the door.

I'm not sure we've seen her before, but I'm willing to go with that.  As to her being smoke, that's an idea that had not occurred to me, but is one I can easily see being true.

8 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm not sure we've seen her before, but I'm willing to go with that.

Well, there's 3 features they both share, the side-cut ponytail hairstyle (the ponytail of course looks like it does now because Dan likes using that look for people who are shocked), the earring is a small hoop style by the look of it, and the nose is the exact same shape.

So either same person, or twin, not like we don't already have a few examples of pairs of characters that look alike, like Elliot/Ellen, Susan/Diane, Tedd/Nanase.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well, there's 3 features they both share, the side-cut ponytail hairstyle (the ponytail of course looks like it does now because Dan likes using that look for people who are shocked), the earring is a small hoop style by the look of it, and the nose is the exact same shape.

Oh I'm not saying it's impossible that they are the same person, I'm just not 100% sure on it.  I know there has been some talk about The Dan saying he was trying to avoid the new person every time thing he normally does, so I'm not totally shocked that there might be an overlap of characters.  I'll grant that Smoke being the pizza delivery person was NOT something I though of, assuming that is what is going on.  For all we know she's seen Jeremy and is freaking out from that... 

Just now, mlooney said:

Oh I'm not saying it's impossible that they are the same person, I'm just not 100% sure on it.  I know there has been some talk about The Dan saying he was trying to avoid the new person every time thing he normally does, so I'm not totally shocked that there might be an overlap of characters.  I'll grant that Smoke being the pizza delivery person was NOT something I though of, assuming that is what is going on.  For all we know she's seen Jeremy and is freaking out from that... 

It would be funny though, Gossip Girl does go to the same school as Grace, if Gossip Girl was Smoke, she'd have spent the past few days trying to avoid Grace, which probably would have been much more difficult if they happened to share any classes, and then to come face to face again while delivering pizza? :D

Ok so after some discussion on discord, I'm even less certain about the pizza girl being Smoke.

HOWEVER....

Grace still has her boobs enlarged, the pizza girl is a gossip at the same school Grace goes to, who may likely have seen Grace a number of times over the past year.

What if Grace's luck with Change Blindness is about to run out?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Grace still has her boobs enlarged, the pizza girl is a gossip at the same school Grace goes to, who may likely have seen Grace a number of times over the past year.

Padded bras are a thing you know.  While Grace is large she not freak out over level large.  I'm going with either the pizza girl is Smoke or she sees Jeremy behind Grace like Ashley did when she first got there.

5 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Padded bras are a thing you know.  While Grace is large she not freak out over level large.  I'm going with either the pizza girl is Smoke or she sees Jeremy behind Grace like Ashley did when she first got there.

It certainly makes more sense for Dan to choose someone established as a person who likes to gossip to show up at a moment where they could get potential gossip material.

We don't know if the MSHS crew knows her, there's the potential for Diane to recognize her from the cafeteria speech thing she did (if she was paying attention to who all was talking there) but if they do, and they see her delivering pizza, they might freak out at the possibility that she's seen Grace transformed and blab about it to the school.

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It certainly makes more sense for Dan to choose someone established as a person who likes to gossip to show up at a moment where they could get potential gossip material.

I'm not sure that there is any thing to gossip over.  "You know Grace, that girl raised by the old woman?  I saw her at her boyfriends house and she looked like she had bigger boobs than normal"

To which the reply of "She stuffing her bra" would be made.

Now seeing Jeremy, the creature that nature did not create, that would be worth gossiping over.  :-)

25 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Now seeing Jeremy, the creature that nature did not create, that would be worth gossiping over.  :-)

The thing is though, Jeremy ran and hid from Ashley, and hasn't been seen since. He didn't come out when Susan and Diane came over, and we know how Jeremy feels about Susan so I found that odd (but that's another matter altogether), would he chose now to come out?

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, one things seems certain, the delivery person is female

Good. So Justin would be opening door needlessly.

Good catch. I needed a moment to notice her even when knowing what page to look at, but it really looks like her.

does her reaction mean that she's Smoke?

Also good point. I was wondering what could be reason for this reaction and this is good theory.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

pairs of characters that look alike, like Elliot/Ellen, Susan/Diane, Tedd/Nanase.

All are relatives, though.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:
3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Grace is not that small by default either. Even if she went from zero to this, the reaction would be different.

52 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm not sure that there is any thing to gossip over.  "You know Grace, that girl raised by the old woman?  I saw her at her boyfriends house

Technically, THAT would be the gossip. I mean, that she was at her boyfriend house. Not too shocking, but I think it would be quite standard gossip material for high school.

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:
52 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The thing is though, Jeremy ran and hid from Ashley, and hasn't been seen since. He didn't come out when Susan and Diane came over, and we know how Jeremy feels about Susan so I found that odd (but that's another matter altogether), would he chose now to come out?

Maybe he JUST realized Susan is here? ... ok, doesn't seem THAT likely.

37 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Technically, THAT would be the gossip. I mean, that she was at her boyfriend house. Not too shocking, but I think it would be quite standard gossip material for high school.

Pizza parties do exist though, seeing a girl at her boyfriend's having a pizza party with other friends is not really gossip material.

Now if she had heard Grace refer to her boyfriend by name before (as Grace hinted at Diane possibly hearing about, though not by name) and then hears Grace or someone else call a girl Tedd. I mean, Matt Cohen knew of Tedd and recognized the uniform, but I don't think he's ever connected the dots that it was Tedd transformed that answered the door.

If anyone else is gonna come to the door to help with pizza, it likely won't be someone else who's currently transformed, because they're aware they're transformed, I don't think any of the gang, even Grace herself, is aware that Grace still has big boobs, but as I said before, maybe this is the one time change blindness fails.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

It would be funny though, Gossip Girl does go to the same school as Grace, if Gossip Girl was Smoke, she'd have spent the past few days trying to avoid Grace, which probably would have been much more difficult if they happened to share any classes, and then to come face to face again while delivering pizza? :D

I'm not 100% convinced either, but I think it's a good bet that's who it is. I didn't notice the nose until you pointed it out, but the hair points kind of match, if you allow for the hat mashing them. I can see her being smoke. Maybe. It's more of a stretch, but it does fit. Her response doesn't make sense any other way, so maybe yes? And she's declared that she isn't trustworthy. This can't be good.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

So either same person, or twin, not like we don't already have a few examples of pairs of characters that look alike, like Elliot/Ellen, Susan/Diane, Tedd/Nanase.

We can especially see where Tedd resembles Nanase in Panel 4 here.

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:
11 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm not sure that there is any thing to gossip over.  "You know Grace, that girl raised by the old woman?  I saw her at her boyfriends house

While that might be the gossip, it's not enough to account for the "Holy Carp Forks" from pizza delivery girl.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

While that might be the gossip, it's not enough to account for the "Holy Carp Forks" from pizza delivery girl.

A bit of off the mark trivia, fish forks are a real thing (but not in my home), but not specific to carp. Carp are particularly bony, so I suppose that an eating implement could be developed that would lend itself to picking the bones out.

As to Holy, this must have to do with the Roman Catholic Church's meatless Friday rule, and having your eating utensils blessed. Or something. Hey, they ate fish in Israel during the time of Jesus, maybe these are the utensils from the last supper. Yeah, that's the ticket.

This probably has something to do with why you can get anchovies on pizza, as well.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

As to Holy, this must have to do with the Roman Catholic Church's meatless Friday rule, and having your eating utensils blessed. Or something. Hey, they ate fish in Israel during the time of Jesus, maybe these are the utensils from the last supper. Yeah, that's the ticket.

All joking aside I was part of a service that blessed some items for the summer.  One of the things that a member of the congregation brought in to be blessed was her husband's fishing gear.  Ft. Morrison just rolled his eyes and splashed it with the holy water like it was normal. 

21 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or maybe...

The party ordered forks and the Pizza Delivery person only just realized that she forgot the forks

Why would they need forks?

11 hours ago, mlooney said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Definitely not. However, it's only gossip I can see in the situation, so ... alternative is it's not gossip why she shouted that.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:
4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

All joking aside I was part of a service that blessed some items for the summer.  One of the things that a member of the congregation brought in to be blessed was her husband's fishing gear.  Ft. Morrison just rolled his eyes and splashed it with the holy water like it was normal.

If fishing gear was rolling-eyes-worthy, Ft. Morrison isn't so experienced. I would expect weirder things to be brought. Was he young?

Fishing gear?

Didn't four out of the original twelve Apostles work as fishermen?

And wasn't there a minor prophet who used himself as bait?

There is a reason why the names Anglers and Angels are so similar

The reason the Priest rolled his eyes is because he knew that you don't bring the tackle box to church for a blessing, those who fish are already blessed

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:
5 hours ago, mlooney said:

If fishing gear was rolling-eyes-worthy, Ft. Morrison isn't so experienced. I would expect weirder things to be brought. Was he young?

Father Morrison was an English priest who wasn't quite ready to be a parish priest in Oklahoma.  He spent most of his career before coming to America as a RAF chaplain, so he didn't really have any experience with dealing with a civil congregation.   So, while not young, he was effectively new to being a parish priest.  Plus the whole fish out of water aspect of a upper middle class Englishman finding him self in Oklahoma.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Father Morrison was an English priest who wasn't quite ready to be a parish priest in Oklahoma.  He spent most of his career before coming to America as a RAF chaplain, so he didn't really have any experience with dealing with a civil congregation.   So, while not young, he was effectively new to being a parish priest.  Plus the whole fish out of water aspect of a upper middle class Englishman finding him self in Oklahoma.

Did he carp about it?

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Why would they need forks?

May the forks be with you.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
10 hours ago, mlooney said:

Did he carp about it?

Not so much carping, but he did spend a lot of time during his first couple of years looking bemused.

/me says you get a new entry in the list, but as that was sorta lame no extra stars or any thing.

10 hours ago, mlooney said:

/me says you get a new entry in the list, but as that was sorta lame no extra stars or any thing.

You're right, there was no sole in that. I guess I did flounder. Maybe just a fish sticker, just for the halibut?

19 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You're right, there was no sole in that. I guess I did flounder. Maybe just a fish sticker, just for the halibut?

/me  adds a small notation : Tries too hard.