• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Tuesday May 19, 2020

Sooo, Ellen, Elliot, Sarah, brand new Female Justin and the barber's own hairstyle, Diane. And neither "the dragon" nor "aunt" makes sense without info the barber really shouldn't have.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Indulgence intensifies

May we indulge in some plot resolution?

It would be nice change if we get to the plot.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:
5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Indulgence intensifies

May we indulge in some plot resolution?

And here I was thinking I was the only one saying "Get On With It"...

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's not quite No Point as yet, but it's damn sure No Plot.

Not Progressing. Normally Plodding. Nearing Perpetuity?

23 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:
7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Not Progressing. Normally Plodding. Nearing Perpetuity?

No Punchline

16 hours ago, mlooney said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

You used to be. However, that was before Dan got THIS obvious with the No Progress thing ...

I mean, the story is supposed to be about making fun of the Fable game. No progress on this.
It's likely going to explore the plot of the game. No progress on this.
There is something weird going on with Grace missing. No progress on this.

And I would be willing to excuse if Susan would be trying some cool transformations (not necessary of herself), but this is hair and beard.
Also, after appearance of female Justin, the idea that he might be delaying on purpose appeared and might be still valid ...

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Sooo, Ellen, Elliot, Sarah, brand new Female Justin and the barber's own hairstyle, Diane. And neither "the dragon" nor "aunt" makes sense without info the barber really shouldn't have.

Well Justin knows about the Dragon bit, and of course Ellen's at the party without hiding her green hair and yellow eyes either.

The Aunt bit is definitely still unknown at this time.

If this were in some form canon, it certainly takes place after the party, cus how else could Justin's fem form exist in it if the party isn't over yet?

As Mark Twain infamously put in his preface to "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn":

" PERSONS attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.

BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR"

36 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You used to be. However, that was before Dan got THIS obvious with the No Progress thing ...

I mean, the story is supposed to be about making fun of the Fable game. No progress on this.
It's likely going to explore the plot of the game. No progress on this.
There is something weird going on with Grace missing. No progress on this.

Yeah, even the meta plot has gone weak.   Actually it's just gone.

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well Justin knows about the Dragon bit, and of course Ellen's at the party without hiding her green hair and yellow eyes either.

Oh, good notice.  It had not dawned on me that Justin would not know that Diane is Susan's aunt.  

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

If this were in some form canon, it certainly takes place after the party, cus how else could Justin's fem form exist in it if the party isn't over yet?

Real Justin, yes, but this barber just looks as him.

I meant that even after this party, those information would be limited to main eight + Ashley + Diane (well, them and whoever is watching the surveillance in Tedd's house).

18 hours ago, ijuin said:

As Mark Twain infamously put in his preface to "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn":

" PERSONS attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.

BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR"

I suspect this order was not followed.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I meant that even after this party, those information would be limited to main eight + Ashley + Diane (well, them and whoever is watching the surveillance in Tedd's house).

Then that's probably more evidence that this is a dream that Susan's having.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:
12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... a dream SOMEONE from main eight is having.

The whole thing with Grace missing makes a lot of sense if it's HER dream - then finding her would be important.

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:

50 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The whole thing with Grace missing makes a lot of sense if it's HER dream - then finding her would be important.

I don't care who is doing the dream,  I want their alarm to go off soon.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Why would Grace be dreaming about a setting where she's missing though?  It makes sense that Susan would be dreaming this because while she normally wouldn't play video games there is a part of her that wishes she'd loosen up more and have fun. So this whole scenario could be her Nature aspect trying to get her to have fun by enticing her to play around with potions and using familiar images of Elliot, while Nurture is fighting it by bringing up the whole "This is Grace's shtick!"

Rhoda being there would imply that Susan's met her by then, but before anyone says "Grace knows Rhoda though." do we know for certain that Grace has met Catalina in person yet? Same goes with Noah (whom I still think is the shadow figure) yeah Grace know's him, but it's probably not long (comic time, it'll probably be a while in real life before we actually see it) before Susan meets him, given that her visiting Adrian has got to be inevitable and she's likely to get introduced to Noah at that point. So basically these points cancel each other out if we're going with the "Parable takes place sometime in the future" theory. So it really comes down to, why would either Grace or Susan have this kind of dream? And I think the "Susan's Nature vs Nurture" idea makes more sense to me.

If this is a dream, I don't care if it is Greg having the dream, I just want the alarm to go off ending the whole thing.  I'm really getting twitchy about this story line.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Why would Grace be dreaming about a setting where she's missing though?

Well, not voluntarily. The idea is that it's Grace's dream, but something invaded it and made Grace missing.

It makes sense that Susan would be dreaming this because while she normally wouldn't play video games there is a part of her that wishes she'd loosen up more and have fun. So this whole scenario could be her Nature aspect trying to get her to have fun by enticing her to play around with potions and using familiar images of Elliot, while Nurture is fighting it by bringing up the whole "This is Grace's shtick!"

Interesting idea, but I think if it would be Nature and Nurture fighting it would be more obvious.

Rhoda being there would imply that Susan's met her by then, but before anyone says "Grace knows Rhoda though." do we know for certain that Grace has met Catalina in person yet? Same goes with Noah (whom I still think is the shadow figure) yeah Grace know's him, but it's probably not long (comic time, it'll probably be a while in real life before we actually see it) before Susan meets him, given that her visiting Adrian has got to be inevitable and she's likely to get introduced to Noah at that point. So basically these points cancel each other out if we're going with the "Parable takes place sometime in the future" theory.

Hmmm ... while Rhoda's, Catalina's and Noah's existence can be assumed to be public knowledge, if it's someone's dream then it really requires them know them ...

... which raises question if it isn't ELLIOT's dream, he knows Catalina and Noah oh wait he doesn't know Rhoda does he?

So it really comes down to, why would either Grace or Susan have this kind of dream? And I think the "Susan's Nature vs Nurture" idea makes more sense to me.

Well, I would really like to find out. That however requires to have some actual progress.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

If this is a dream, I don't care if it is Greg having the dream, I just want the alarm to go off ending the whole thing.

Definitely no. If it would suddenly end, it would make whole think worse by not having conclusion. Of course, that's assuming that Dan has some conclusion in mind: if he doesn't, then ending it might be better than stuffing it with filler until he gets some working idea.

42 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well, not voluntarily. The idea is that it's Grace's dream, but something invaded it and made Grace missing.

Grace missing from her own dream though.... seems kinda paradoxical.

43 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Interesting idea, but I think if it would be Nature and Nurture fighting it would be more obvious.

The subconscious can be convoluted enough to make it not so obvious, at least there's no paradox involved.

47 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... which raises question if it isn't ELLIOT's dream, he knows Catalina and Noah oh wait he doesn't know Rhoda does he?

He's guessed that she's Catalina's girlfriend, and has probably seen the news report (like Tedd has) about Rhoda and Catalina's encounter with the boar so he'd know what she looked like, beyond that, he wouldn't really know what she's like, same would go for Tedd.

Justin knows Rhoda, and has met Catalina. But I don't really see this being his dream, sure he's attracted to Elliot, and knows Susan's attracted to Elliot, but I don't see him playing out a scenario where he, as Susan, get's to fondle Elliot's muscles.

In fact, the whole reaction to Elliot is a point against this being a Grace dream because there's been no canon indication that Grace knows how Susan feels about Elliot or knowing that Susan likes to watch and I'm not convinced that's a subject that Susan plans on bringing up with Grace during her "therapy" sessions if those are actually going to happen.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Grace missing from her own dream though.... seems kinda paradoxical.

Yes. Something very puzzling worth asking about.

On the other hand, if it's Susan's dream, how it's from Grace's mind? Granted, the cloaked figure doesn't exactly look as reliable narrator, but seem to be on higher meta level than rest of it so what they said is most likely to be related to actual answers.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The subconscious can be convoluted enough to make it not so obvious, at least there's no paradox involved.

The subconscious can. I have my doubts about Dan, though.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

He's guessed that she's Catalina's girlfriend, and has probably seen the news report (like Tedd has) about Rhoda and Catalina's encounter with the boar so he'd know what she looked like, beyond that, he wouldn't really know what she's like, same would go for Tedd.

Yeah. He may know ABOUT her but not really any details. On the other hand, how many details were shown in this NP?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Justin knows Rhoda, and has met Catalina. But I don't really see this being his dream, sure he's attracted to Elliot, and knows Susan's attracted to Elliot, but I don't see him playing out a scenario where he, as Susan, get's to fondle Elliot's muscles.

Yeah.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

In fact, the whole reaction to Elliot is a point against this being a Grace dream because there's been no canon indication that Grace knows how Susan feels about Elliot or knowing that Susan likes to watch and I'm not convinced that's a subject that Susan plans on bringing up with Grace during her "therapy" sessions if those are actually going to happen.

I think it may happen eventually but not at first - and, yes, maybe those "therapy" sessions won't happen at all.

Just now, hkmaly said:

On the other hand, if it's Susan's dream, how it's from Grace's mind? Granted, the cloaked figure doesn't exactly look as reliable narrator, but seem to be on higher meta level than rest of it so what they said is most likely to be related to actual answers.

The fact that Shadow guy didn't know about Grace's habit of nudity, yet expected Grace to be the hero of this "game" suggests Shadow guy ended up in the wrong person's dream.

Though I guess a third theory can be made. If it's possible to magically enter someone dream, and we've certainly seen that multiple people can do so with Pandora and Disco Wizard both being in Grace's dream at the same time, why not have multiple dreamers in a connected dream? We've only been seeing Susan's side of the dream so far, but maybe there is a point where we find out that Grace had been off doing her own thing this whole time, maybe she's taken up the role of the big bad for a change...or something that she would consider being a big bad...like those "evil cultists" were from Grace's Cult of Squirrels and they were in the process of converting that temple into a shrine to the Squirrel God, complete with a big, manly, squirrel statue and shrubbery.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

The fact that Shadow guy didn't know about Grace's habit of nudity, yet expected Grace to be the hero of this "game" suggests Shadow guy ended up in the wrong person's dream.

That is the strongest evidence that if this is a dream, it's not Grace's

On 5/19/2020 at 7:46 AM, mlooney said:

I decided against stopping reading, but at this point I'm just quickly skimming the strips then getting on with my day. (I also haven't been bothering with most of the forum threads; I just happened to decide to take a quick look at this one.)