• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Thursday, May 21, 2020

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Getting meta about meta about hair styles.

... maybe it means the barber episode is getting near end?

37 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If the entire population of Metropolis can be deceived just by some reporter taking off his glasses, then I suppose a Kingdom could be misdirected by a comb-over

There are theories that Superman is partially psychic and hypnotizes everyone. Also, theories that everyone notices the similarity but they don't believe it. And I'm not sure if those are the craziest ones.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

There are theories that Superman is partially psychic and hypnotizes everyone. Also, theories that everyone notices the similarity but they don't believe it. And I'm not sure if those are the craziest ones.

They all know who he is; it's common knowledge. They're just too polite to point it out.

Tony Stark hooked Lex Luthor up with his counselor, and he's getting over his anger issues.

Another fun fact, Lois Lane's diaphragm has flecks of pink kryptonite. It hasn't failed her yet.

59 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Another fun fact, Lois Lane's diaphragm has flecks of pink kryptonite. It hasn't failed her yet.

Well, considering actually having sex with Superman might be lethal for her ... oh wait she DOES have superman child ...

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:
7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Getting meta about meta about hair styles.

We can but hope and pray.

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, considering actually having sex with Superman might be lethal for her ...

That's what the pink kryptonite is for.

10 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I'll be the first to admit I don't have the Superman canon memorized, but is there such a thing as pink kryptonite? 

6 minutes ago, mlooney said:
18 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I'll be the first to admit I don't have the Superman canon memorized, but is there such a thing as pink kryptonite? 

You don't need to memorize it. Quick google confirms that yes it is.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Doesn't seem like that would be something Lois Lane would want to have happen to Superman.

5 minutes ago, mlooney said:
8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Doesn't seem like that would be something Lois Lane would want to have happen to Superman.

I would assume the same, however, considering the potential lethality of sex ...
... but maybe Darth Fluffy had something else in mind.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Drat, I though I made it up. OK, beige kryptonite? sienna kryptonite? plaid kryptonite?

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I would assume the same, however, considering the potential lethality of sex ...
... but maybe Darth Fluffy had something else in mind.

Nope. I did not Google first, probably should have. I suppose, though it would protect her from pregnancy. So the diaphragm works. Not exactly as intended.

Supergirl's next line in the linked superman wiki comic should be, "Are you free after work, Lois?" ... assuming she's been similarly exposed.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Y'know, why don't his foes invest in some kryptonite bullets?

Well, not every material is good for making bullets. Still, I would expect they at least try. Instead, they are using kryptonite knifes ...

... hmmm, on second though, sharp crystal ... maybe the bullet will go through? Which wouldn't really hurt Superman that much ; he's hurt the most if the kryptonite remains INSIDE him.

There have been a few stories in which enemies have attempted to use kryptonite bullets (or shotgun pellets) on Superman, and usually the bullets shatter rather than squash, which implies that kryptonite is relatively brittle rather than malleable.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

There have been a few stories in which enemies have attempted to use kryptonite bullets (or shotgun pellets) on Superman, and usually the bullets shatter rather than squash, which implies that kryptonite is relatively brittle rather than malleable.

Well ... non-metal crystals tend to be. Kryptonite (default / vanilla form) looks similar to Emerald, and Emerald is not malleable ...

Yes, but literally every element heavier than Iodine except for the noble gases is a metal, so if we go by the assumption that Kryptonite is a radioactive transuranic element, then it should have metallic properties.

9 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Yes, but literally every element heavier than Iodine except for the noble gases is a metal, so if we go by the assumption that Kryptonite is a radioactive transuranic element, then it should have metallic properties.

Not all metals make good bullets.  Silver for example, despite the Lone Ranger.  Metals that are too hard don't make a good bullet without a softer metal being around the outside of the core or a sabot around the ballistic part.  At a the very least you would need copper or similar metal driving bands to fit the rifling.

8 hours ago, ijuin said:

The assumption it's an element may be incorrect.

I mean, considering all of the colors ... maybe the default Kryptonite is not the element itself, but it's oxide or more complicated mineral (again, look at sapphire - Be3Al2(SiO3)6), with other variants being different minerals containing the same transuranic element.

And what other elements it's mixed with somehow modifies the effect.

Maybe the pure metal form is malleable, but also safe for superman. There is precedent: Mercury. Pure metal mercury, while technically toxic, does very little damage before being eliminated from the body. Most of the compounds are much more toxic. Granted, this is mostly because the metal mercury is mostly not absorbed, but there may be different mechanism working similarly for the Kryptonite. Maybe the metal form re-absorbs most of it's radiation, while the various translucent crystals let it out.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:06 AM, mlooney said:

Not all metals make good bullets.  Silver for example, despite the Lone Ranger.  Metals that are too hard don't make a good bullet without a softer metal being around the outside of the core or a sabot around the ballistic part.  At a the very least you would need copper or similar metal driving bands to fit the rifling.

I went to the bank and met the Loan Arranger. Now, I owe silver!

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Silver for example, despite the Lone Ranger. 

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I went to the bank and met the Loan Arranger. Now, I owe silver!

/me gives you a silver star.  Well, it's really an pentagram with runes, but it's silver any way.