• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Saturday, May 23, 2020

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Well we seem to be talking about game rules again.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I think it's step in right direction ... but question is how big. Probably not much.
Doesn't Susan have the clothes with huge attraction bonus? Maybe now with cheats off it wouldn't be SO effective to force her to roar at NPCs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Can't she just hand out gold for the reaction bonus?

She is making a ton of gold via her landlording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, goody, another NP comic about Susan's hair. I'll have to celebrate.

Let's see, coffee, check. Irish Cream Liqeur, check. (Saint Brendan's; I never heard of it before, it isn't bad; just finished the bottle, which looks cool enough to not just toss in recycling.) Kampali, check (It's similar to Kahlua. We have ABC Stores, run by the state, that sell liquor. There is a State approved list of liquor for sale, but most of the stores do not stock it all. There is a large ABC Store in the north east part of Chapel Hill that has an amazing selection; they have three different not Kahluas. This one is not bad.) Peppermint Schnapps, check (Arrow, not a quality brand, but hey, it has the flavor. Arrow tends to be adequate.)

Time to kill off a few brain cells so I can better appreciate this comic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

FWIW, I am wondering if this is really Susan in Susan's dream. In addition to all the other speculation, it seems unlikely that Susan would favor big boobs. She don't like that kind of attention.

Plus she likes her long hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Oh, goody, another NP comic about Susan's hair. I'll have to celebrate.

Let's see, coffee, check. Irish Cream Liqeur, check. (Saint Brendan's; I never heard of it before, it isn't bad; just finished the bottle, which looks cool enough to not just toss in recycling.) Kampali, check (It's similar to Kahlua. We have ABC Stores, run by the state, that sell liquor. There is a State approved list of liquor for sale, but most of the stores do not stock it all. There is a large ABC Store in the north east part of Chapel Hill that has an amazing selection; they have three different not Kahluas. This one is not bad.) Peppermint Schnapps, check (Arrow, not a quality brand, but hey, it has the flavor. Arrow tends to be adequate.)

Time to kill off a few brain cells so I can better appreciate this comic.

I wonder what substances you will be using when the arc goes to second hundred.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:
2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

FWIW, I am wondering if this is really Susan in Susan's dream. In addition to all the other speculation, it seems unlikely that Susan would favor big boobs. She don't like that kind of attention.

Plus she likes her long hair.

She likes how they look but it's gotten impractical. Also, she specifically wanted to reduce her boobs.

It's possible that she only choose short hair because she knows she can make them longer easily, which is not true in canon. Well ... actually, it is, now with her having the wand of her alternative forms, but making them REALLY longer and not just temporary enchantment would be lot of work if she shortened them and she may not like the idea of being enchanted all the time just like Nanase.
To conclude, this may be real Susan but with different kind of limitations on her look than in canon. Neither real Susan nor this is showing how would she REALLY like to look.

Better argument for this not being Susan would be how sparsely clothed she is, but even that can be explained by her not feeling embarrassed when NPCs are watching her. She DID mentioned that she would like to wear less but finds it embarrassing ... (note that while that is non-canon arc, it's probably still valid in canon just like Hanma is real despite never doing the goonmanji experiment in canon).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I wonder what substances you will be using when the arc goes to second hundred.

Likely similar ones. In my area, non-essential services have pretty much shut down. But the ABC stores remain open. They understand priorities, man.

 

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

On a second read, I find it odd that a space station is being used as a unit of volume. Does she mean the ISS? Doesn't it vary, so you'd have to know what year, and even what is docked, assuming you'd count the connecting tunnel. Why not something more familiar, like a standard shipping container.

Also, if you evacuate the space station, reseal it, then open the potion, you could fill it with one. It would be a sparse cloud, though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:
9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I wonder what substances you will be using when the arc goes to second hundred.

Likely similar ones. In my area, non-essential services have pretty much shut down. But the ABC stores remain open. They understand priorities, man.

You mean that the crime shut down? That black market disappeared?

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:
9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

On a second read, I find it odd that a space station is being used as a unit of volume. Does she mean the ISS? Doesn't it vary, so you'd have to know what year, and even what is docked, assuming you'd count the connecting tunnel. Why not something more familiar, like a standard shipping container.

Also, if you evacuate the space station, reseal it, then open the potion, you could fill it with one. It would be a sparse cloud, though.

... I think I missed something ... second read of what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Likely similar ones. In my area, non-essential services have pretty much shut down. But the ABC stores remain open. They understand priorities, man.

I'm not sure if they closed them in Kansas or not, but I know that they opened up as soon as they possibly could here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

You mean that the crime shut down? That black market disappeared?

No, not at all. I hadn't even considered that. ... I understand trafficking in general is having a hard time during the pandemic. I suppose there's an impact on the black market. Not my thing, really. ... Crime shut down; does that ever happen?  Probably the opposite right now, too many folks not working.

 

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... I think I missed something ... second read of what?

The comic you linked, oh, it was the boobs one. First panel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

You mean that the crime shut down? That black market disappeared?

No, not at all. I hadn't even considered that. ... I understand trafficking in general is having a hard time during the pandemic. I suppose there's an impact on the black market. Not my thing, really. ... Crime shut down; does that ever happen?  Probably the opposite right now, too many folks not working.

Depends on the crime.  As I understand it traffic crimes are way down as is select types of personal assault.  Unfortunately domestic violence isn't down, and in fact up by a chunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

You mean that the crime shut down? That black market disappeared?

No, not at all. I hadn't even considered that.

Yet.

I was implying that if you are already abusing alcohol due to this storyline you will probably need to turn to black market substances when it turns 200 strips.

11 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... I think I missed something ... second read of what?

The comic you linked, oh, it was the boobs one. First panel.

Oh, that one.

16 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Also, if you evacuate the space station, reseal it, then open the potion, you could fill it with one. It would be a sparse cloud, though.

True. And evacuating the space station wouldn't be nearly as hard as evacuating some alternative units as stadiums. (Ok, stadiums are usually used as units of surface, not volume ... but still.)

15 hours ago, ijuin said:

I think that she may mean the kind of space station that is easily confused for a moon . . .

Remember it's Susan. She may mean Terok Nor (Deep Space 9). Which has diameter 1,451.82 m but volume is unknown and hard to guess considering DS9's shape.

(Meanwhile, Death Star has 160 kilometers in diameter and is mostly sphere so volume will be about 2 144 660 cubic kilometers while ISS has 915.6 m3)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yet.

If I'm not using already, with decades of opportunity and plenty of stress, I'm not likely to start. And, it is a factor in my employment, and I am subject to testing.

 

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I was implying that if you are already abusing alcohol due to this storyline you will probably need to turn to black market substances when it turns 200 strips.

Ah, but the destruction of brain cells is cumulative. And I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

 

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... while ISS has 915.6 m3)

Also, getting your potion stash to orbital velocity so you can store them there, ... why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... while ISS has 915.6 m3)

Also, getting your potion stash to orbital velocity so you can store them there, ... why?

With Star Trek technology, why not?

On our current level of technology it's costly, yes ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

With Star Trek technology, why not?

On our current level of technology it's costly, yes ...

True. Also, seems very unlikely. And, to echo one of the questions about teleporting humans and others, how does the incorporeal magic factor get teleported? Unlike the mind, it does not seem to be an emergent feature of the hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
On 5/25/2020 at 5:13 AM, hkmaly said:

With Star Trek technology, why not?

On our current level of technology it's costly, yes ...

True. Also, seems very unlikely. And, to echo one of the questions about teleporting humans and others, how does the incorporeal magic factor get teleported? Unlike the mind, it does not seem to be an emergent feature of the hardware.

In universes where magic exists, mind is rarely just an emergent feature of the hardware.

Usually, there is some soul, which is not at material plane at all. Might need to do some catching up when the body is teleported, but probably isn't that big problem as it doesn't seem to be limited in travel by anything.

Like ... you know that in some universes Death is supposed to sever the connection between soul and body? I suppose if you teleport the body in such universe, the soul will get the classical "cartoon" moment of "wait what? Where's the body?"  then get tugged by the cord and dragged back inside.

And, back to the original question, the incorporeal magic factor typically hang on something - on soul, on aura etc - and this would likely be either also teleported or somehow dragged.

And the final point: Between Q, Kevin Uxbridge, Prophets, El-Aurians and all those telepaths, do you seriously believe Star Trek universe lacks magic? Sure, it gets technobabbled somehow, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exists. And didn't some episode of VOY specifically involve some race's souls?

Also, Vulcan Katra is something as soul. I'm sure they experimentally proved that it is transferred when the body is transported. It wouldn't be logical not to. (Not speaking about the fact that McCoy was certainly transported several times while having Spock Katra inside him.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

In universes where magic exists, mind is rarely just an emergent feature of the hardware.

Usually, there is some soul, which is not at material plane at all. Might need to do some catching up when the body is teleported, but probably isn't that big problem as it doesn't seem to be limited in travel by anything.

Like ... you know that in some universes Death is supposed to sever the connection between soul and body? I suppose if you teleport the body in such universe, the soul will get the classical "cartoon" moment of "wait what? Where's the body?"  then get tugged by the cord and dragged back inside.

And, back to the original question, the incorporeal magic factor typically hang on something - on soul, on aura etc - and this would likely be either also teleported or somehow dragged.

And the final point: Between Q, Kevin Uxbridge, Prophets, El-Aurians and all those telepaths, do you seriously believe Star Trek universe lacks magic? Sure, it gets technobabbled somehow, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exists. And didn't some episode of VOY specifically involve some race's souls?

Also, Vulcan Katra is something as soul. I'm sure they experimentally proved that it is transferred when the body is transported. It wouldn't be logical not to. (Not speaking about the fact that McCoy was certainly transported several times while having Spock Katra inside him.)

You know the saying, "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology." :) (obligatory aid for the humor impaired)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You know the saying, "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."

I've always heard that as "any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science".  From Girl Genius

Edited by mlooney
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect the whole space station comment was essentially Susan saying she had bought a ass-load of potionsm which is to say she bought a lot. Whether it actually is enough to fill a space station or not doesn't really matter here, she just has a lot of potions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mlooney said:
15 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You know the saying, "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."

I've always heard that as "any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science".  From Girl Genius

You mean by Agatha Heterodyne.

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Also, Grill Genius.

I'm sure you can light it even faster with FOOF. Also, it will probably burn down completely. Along with the grass below it.
Now, question is if you find anyone crazy enough to try.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

You mean by Agatha Heterodyne.

I'm sure you can light it even faster with FOOF. Also, it will probably burn down completely. Along with the grass below it.
Now, question is if you find anyone crazy enough to try.

While lighting a grill with LOx borders on insanity, maybe even climbs over the fence, LOx has legitimate uses, such as the heavier part of launching the Saturn V to the moon. FOOF, on the other hand, you have to dwell in that yard to even prepare it. (Which I did not know before I read the article. I did not know this was a thing. But in hindsight, it makes some limited sense.) Gotta love that store below the boiling point of liquid nitrogen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this