• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story Monday, May 25, 2020

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

But Tedd never wore that uniform in school.

Technically speaking, the vest had to have come from the same uniform that Tedd wore at Grace's birthday, so he wore part of the female uniform to school.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Technically speaking, the vest had to have come from the same uniform that Tedd wore at Grace's birthday, so he wore part of the female uniform to school.

You're right. And now I wonder if seeing Tedd at MNHS in that vest could have jogged Matt Cohen's memory, confirming that it was really Tedd Verres in that skirt-and-vest uniform he delivered the pizzas to.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

You're right. And now I wonder if seeing Tedd at MNHS in that vest could have jogged Matt Cohen's memory, confirming that it was really Tedd Verres in that skirt-and-vest uniform he delivered the pizzas to.

You know....I'm not sure...the possibility does increase since that takes place like days after Matt delivered the pizza.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Note that when Elliot saved Tedd from Tony, Elliot said "Leave her alone." That is, Elliot thought Tedd was a girl before Elliot became Tedd's friend.

That happened, though, when they were significantly younger and it was a lot easier to appear androgynous.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

But Tedd never wore that uniform in school.

That's sorta my point.  He tried to get a girl's uniform and was rejected, meaning that in the eyes of the school he was male, not a cross dressing female. 

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:

That's sorta my point.  He tried to get a girl's uniform and was rejected, meaning that in the eyes of the school he was male, not a cross dressing female.

Theater Clerk likes being a pain in the ass, so I'm guessing if Tedd had asked for a boy's uniform, T.C. would have given him a girl's uniform.

44 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Theater Clerk likes being a pain in the ass, so I'm guessing if Tedd had asked for a boy's uniform, T.C. would have given him a girl's uniform.

It is canon that TC thought Tedd was a girl, though it was implied there were multiple lines for each set of uniforms so it's unlikely Tedd got his from TC. Considering TC was told to only accept blue vouchers though, and Tedd would have had blue vouchers, it's possible TC wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Of course when Tedd was picking up the male uniforms, they were intended for Susan as Tedd already had suitable clothes that fit the uniform (also mentioned here for clarity)

34 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

TC was in the boy's line.  Tedd got kicked out of the girl's line so it doesn't matter if TC was being a pain or not.

16 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... did she already acquired Nanase's hair color spell or would she need to watch Nanase to CAST it and not just have it on her?

Tedd has to see the spell being cast. She probably has the same mechanism.

Actually ... Tedd DID commented about Susan's fairy spell when she just modified it without casting anything.

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... ok, what movie was Ray being the granddaughter of Palpatine spoiler to?

The Rise of Skywalker. At least it had no broom boy.

Any reason to see it left?

15 hours ago, Scotty said:

Panel 6 has her decide against showing Tedd the smoke spell, understandable because doing so would reveal that she was the one that harassed Grace, but it also implies that Jay was planning on showing Tedd what spells she has learned so far, for what purpose? Maybe if Jay somehow found out about the possibility of Magic changing (and like Susan, hasn't found out that it isn't happening anymore), and learned of Tedd being able to carry spells over to the next system, Jay might be thinking of using Tedd as a backup for her spells? so that in the event of a system change, she could just go back to Tedd and have her make wands.

I have better idea: Maybe she wants to trade. Exchange spell for spell.

10 hours ago, mlooney said:
12 hours ago, Scotty said:

I suspect the wand was created long before Jay's birth. Probably even before Arthur became the head of the paranormal division the first time around.

Could be, but we really don't have a good time line on it.  I suspect you are right,  unless Jay was showing powers while in elementary school.

In such case she would already know all Nanase's spells. Well, except guardian form I guess.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Note that when Elliot saved Tedd from Tony, Elliot said "Leave her alone." That is, Elliot thought Tedd was a girl before Elliot became Tedd's friend. So it's perfectly plausible that Matt Cohen and others who've seen Tedd over the years assume Tedd is a girl, maybe even a girl cross dressing as a boy--or even trans, like Sam.

Hmmmm ... I would think most people who see him often don't make that mistake, but considering this girl likes rumors AND is perfectly possible there is rumor like this AND she doesn't know Tedd herself ...

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

18 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... ok, what movie was Ray being the granddaughter of Palpatine spoiler to?

The Rise of Skywalker. At least it had no broom boy.

Any reason to see it left?

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Lucas won't retcon it.

So it is at least as vital to our understanding and enjoyment of the Star Wars saga as the Holiday Special?

28 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So it is at least as vital to our understanding and enjoyment of the Star Wars saga as the Holiday Special?

Lucas won't retcon The Rise of Skywalker because he's not involved with it vs Lucas won't retcon the Star Wars Holiday Special because he's in denial that it ever existed.

Actually, consider that last part the retcon. And for once, he got it right; no Star Wars Holiday Special is an improvement.

I saw it, but had forgotten the contents, mostly. Then I read a description, and it brought back the awful memories.

If you ever have a chance to see it, do yourself a favor and walk the other way.

... actually, Darth and Droids could probably make good use of it ... they did wonders for Jar Jar ...

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:
15 hours ago, mlooney said:

Could be, but we really don't have a good time line on it.  I suspect you are right,  unless Jay was showing powers while in elementary school.

In such case she would already know all Nanase's spells. Well, except guardian form I guess.

Assuming she had seen Nanase cast them of course.  Nanase never cast anything but her hover spell where she could be seen by the general student body, at least that we saw.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:
11 hours ago, mlooney said:

Tedd wore the vest for the girl's uniform once.  He doesn't cross dress.

Hence “rumors”.

Rumors aren't normally enough to cause some one to, for lack of a better term, mis-gender some one internally.  Tedd, as far as the school goes, presents as male, which means a normal student with no extra knowledge would internally ID Tedd as male and use "he/him" pronouns.  Jay isn't doing that, which tells us she has information that isn't common knowledge.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Rumors aren't normally enough to cause some one to, for lack of a better term, mis-gender some one internally.  Tedd, as far as the school goes, presents as male, which means a normal student with no extra knowledge would internally ID Tedd as male and use "he/him" pronouns.  Jay isn't doing that, which tells us she has information that isn't common knowledge.

If Jay knows Matthew Cohen from working out of the same pizza place, even if she is AJA's daughter or granddaughter, I think she's more likely to have learned about Tedd's nebulous gender identification from Matt than from AJA. I just don't see Arthur casually sharing the intelligence he has on Tedd. Maybe Arthur slipped and used a feminine pronoun to refer to Tedd when Jay heard him.

Jay is still going to MSHS, but she has to be eighteen and therefore a senior. Maybe she knows Luke, and is part of the gang looking into weird stuff? Luke got blackmailed into returning to Salty Crackers because he hasn't paid for all the pizza they've shared with him (last panel of this comic). 

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe she knows Luke, and is part of the gang looking into weird stuff?

This is possible, however she refers to Camdin as "Shaggy gross guy", not by name and Camdin is part of, if not the leader, of the gang looking into weird stuff.  That would indicate, at least to me, that if she  isn't part of that group.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Actually ... Tedd DID commented about Susan's fairy spell when she just modified it without casting anything.

That might be confirmation that even adjusting the parameters of a spell is still using the spell. Tedd may not have seen Susan turn on the machine, but she saw Susan reprogram it.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I have better idea: Maybe she wants to trade. Exchange spell for spell.

Maybe, she was very interested in transformation spells, she may think that Tedd has access to a fair number of them.

6 minutes ago, mlooney said:

This is possible, however she refers to Camdin as "Shaggy gross guy", not by name and Camdin is part of, if not the leader, of the gang looking into weird stuff.  That would indicate, at least to me, that if she  isn't part of that group.

Camdin as leader? Well, no. Camdin is too much of a flake. The nameless person Luke called after seeing Grace's aura was focused and assertive; that's the person who'd be the leader. Most likely Camdin is the shaggy gross guy because he's made some unwelcome passes at Jay.

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Camdin as leader? Well, no. Camdin is too much of a flake. The nameless person Luke called after seeing Grace's aura was focused and assertive; that's the person who'd be the leader. Most likely Camdin is the shaggy gross guy because he's made some unwelcome passes at Jay.

I can see that, however the way Camdin was acting towards Luke indicated to me that he was in some sort of leadership position.  Could be I've had too many flaky leaders in my past.

As to Camdin being "shaggy gross guy", assuming not a leader, due to making passes at Jay, that fits.

Mlooney, you need to bone up on your Stoogeology. Camdin is a Larry; he may think he should be the Moe. But Moe is the Moe. The Moe is the one Luke called after he fled Salty Crackers.

42 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Mlooney, you need to bone up on your Stoogeology. Camdin is a Larry; he may think he should be the Moe. But Moe is the Moe. The Moe is the one Luke called after he fled Salty Crackers.

But I thought Larry was Larry...  Or is Larry not even good enough to be a Larry and is in fact a Curly?

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

But I thought Larry was Larry...  Or is Larry not even good enough to be a Larry and is in fact a Curly?

Actually Curly began as a substitute Shemp. Larry was the Middle Stooge throughout, not as smart as Moe but smarter than whomever was Third Stooge. There were two mpre Third Stooges, Joe Besser and Curly Joe (Joe Dirita). There might have been another Third Stooge for a movie, but Moe died before that happened.

40 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Actually Curly began as a substitute Shemp. Larry was the Middle Stooge throughout, not as smart as Moe but smarter than whomever was Third Stooge. There were two mpre Third Stooges, Joe Besser and Curly Joe (Joe Dirita). There might have been another Third Stooge for a movie, but Moe died before that happened.

I actually knew that.  However, in case I wasn't clear, I was using the EGS Larry as the example Larry, equating him to the Larry the Stooge but saying that EGS Larry wasn't good enough to be a 3S Larry but was in fact the 3rd stooge.  Clear as mud, right?