• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Tuesday, May 26, 2020

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Here is.

Get On With It! Please lets have some plot.

There is some slight movement in the plot direction. In fact, Justin agrees with you!

Actually, Justin just said that Susan doesn't need to hurry, because if something bad is going to happen, it will happen five minutes before she gets there no matter how long will she spend optimizing her hair.
However, Dan in commentary seem to imply there will be plot soon.

In Parable 109, Justin Said:

Nothing will happen until you progress the plot

Justin appeared to be giving an eye-roll as this was said
While this may have been for dramatic effect, the point is that Justin was not looking directly at Susan or the readers
So I speculate that Justin was at this moment sending a message to the author

May we use this line when commenting on other stalled or stale EGS story arcs?

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:
7 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Get On With It! Please lets have some plot.

There is some slight movement in the plot direction. In fact, Justin agrees with you!

Actually, Justin just said that Susan doesn't need to hurry, because if something bad is going to happen, it will happen five minutes before she gets there no matter how long will she spend optimizing her hair.
However, Dan in commentary seem to imply there will be plot soon.

Great.  Characters within the comic are commenting on the lack of plot progression.  There is meta 4th wall breaking and then there is absurd.  This is becoming absurd.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Great.  Characters within the comic are commenting on the lack of plot progression.  There is meta 4th wall breaking and then there is absurd.  This is becoming absurd.

In EGS NP, Comic reads You!

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:
4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Then the comic should know I want it to Get On With It...

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

Considering the fact that Dan assured me that he did not read a comment I made on sunday (on discord)about how someone should pop that last button on Justin's shirt. It's still makes me think there's some psychic mojo at work feeding him ideas from us.

Like seriously, I feel like I deserve all the cookies for this one. ;)

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Considering the fact that Dan assured me that he did not read a comment I made on sunday (on discord)about how someone should pop that last button on Justin's shirt. It's still makes me think there's some psychic mojo at work feeding him ideas from us.

Well, after my "I don't like chibi" remark, I know he reads some things that fans put out.  Granted that was on Facebook, but I still think he reads here every so often. 

So, The Dan...  Get On With It!

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

15 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Well, after my "I don't like chibi" remark, I know he reads some things that fans put out.  Granted that was on Facebook, but I still think he reads here every so often. 

So, The Dan...  Get On With It!

Convergent brainstorms! It's like a rogue wave of comic tropes!

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

Convergent brainstorms! It's like a rogue wave of comic tropes!

What ever works in getting back on track or ending this story line.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Never seen that version.  Nice mixing of fandoms.

Hey, if Futurama can pull it off regularly ... besides, 'in the vein of ...'

That one was new to me, too. I like the older one more, but this had the novelty factor going for it.

7 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Hey, if Futurama can pull it off regularly ... besides, 'in the vein of ...'

I've never watched any Futurama.  I get this feeling I should some time, then I remember I don't like most television. 

I've never watched any Futurama.  I get this feeling I should some time, then I remember I don't like most television. 

Futurama is awesome, pretty much in a class by itself. It can get a little self-similar, but there's some fresh ideas each show. You can see the Simpsons lineage. And they had the good grace to end it, with an actual ending of sorts.

4 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You can see the Simpsons lineage.

If that is supposed to be a point in it's favor, it's actually a point against.  I loath, hate and despise the Simpsons.

If that is supposed to be a point in it's favor, it's actually a point against.  I loath, hate and despise the Simpsons.

It is possible you won't like Futurama. There are some similarities, which makes sense, both are by Matt Groening

28 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It is possible you won't like Futurama. There are some similarities, which makes sense, both are by Matt Groening

Meh.  If I happen to get a chance to watch it I might.  Not going to go out of my way to do so however.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

Characters within the comic are commenting on the lack of plot progression.  There is meta 4th wall breaking and then there is absurd.  This is becoming absurd.

Speaking about which, what's your opinion on Deadpool?

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

You can get some here.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Granted that was on Facebook, but I still think he reads here every so often. 

I find plausible that comments we make here also made someone elsewhere. Possibly someone reading it here and stealing the best stuff :)

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Speaking about which, what's your opinion on Deadpool?

Amusing, but only in small doses.  I've seen both movies and was sorta aware of him from my very old readings of the Marvel universe stuff.   

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

Amusing, but only in small doses.  I've seen both movies and was sorta aware of him from my very old readings of the Marvel universe stuff.   

Things I think I like, if I get them in large doses, I'm not as fond of. I borrowed a Dilbert collection from the library once, it broke Dilbert for me. It was too depressing.

3 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Things I think I like, if I get them in large doses, I'm not as fond of. I borrowed a Dilbert collection from the library once, it broke Dilbert for me. It was too depressing.

Working at EDS broke Dilbert for me.  It was too on the nose about what working in a tech firm was like.  A little over the top, but not that much.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Working at EDS broke Dilbert for me.  It was too on the nose about what working in a tech firm was like.  A little over the top, but not that much.

I hear you. I've seen some of the Dilbert comic scenarios in real life. A coworker once commented,  "I wonder of Scott Adams is taping us."

The Pointy-Haired Boss is so incompetent that the only ways he could be keeping his job are either through sucking up to his boss, or nepotism/political connections. He's just not important enough in the company to keep his position without somehow benefiting those above him.