• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story Monday, Jun 1, 2020

Here is.

So Justin and Grace know of Jay, but don't know Jay.  Also Grace wants to feed Jay carrots while brushing her hair.  Diane points out that Grace is going to have some gossip issues come next day at school.

I hate to be the voice of reason, but they could just say that Grace was playing around with pads to be silly, but wouldn't be caught in public with them.  Of course, goonish magic may make this impossible somehow.

1 hour ago, Prof_Sai said:

I hate to be the voice of reason, but they could just say that Grace was playing around with pads to be silly, but wouldn't be caught in public with them.  Of course, goonish magic may make this impossible somehow.

I said "padded bras are a thing" back when Jay started making comments about Grace looking different.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

So Justin and Grace know of Jay, but don't know Jay. 

And I agree with Justin, Grace is supposed to be great with faces. Well, ok, still not so weird as Elliot not recognizing Sarah's sister on TV.

Also Grace wants to feed Jay carrots while brushing her hair.

Apparently, she has issues with ponies.

Diane points out that Grace is going to have some gossip issues come next day at school.

I sorta fail to see where would be problem and what OTHER explanation can Jay put into those gossips, but I'm not girl so I'm going to assume this somehow is problem.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

I said "padded bras are a thing" back when Jay started making comments about Grace looking different.

Yes I know it appeared there already.

Yes, it's been a long time since I checked this forum out.  But the fact that this is being brought up suggests that it isn't going to be as simple as that.

That could counter gossip, but the real issues, which none of them know about, is that Jay knows magic is real, already has seen Grace transform, and is an awakened wizard. Oh, and Jay thinks Tedd is a "wizard" and wants to meet him/her.

I'm already three comments behind. I'll post now.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Jay knows magic is real, already has seen Grace transform, and is an awakened wizard.

But Jay can't tell anyone who doesn't already know that magic is real.  Is that other group really capable of anything problematic? Come to think of it, would't the magic angle be a reason for Jay to keep quiet?

7 minutes ago, Prof_Sai said:

But Jay can't tell anyone who doesn't already know that magic is real.  Is that other group really capable of anything problematic?

We don't really know who Jay knows besides that nameless student she was with when Diane made her big speech at MSHS. She might have connections, or she might be just observant and good at research. I can see her as someone who checks out Charlotte's sites.

I'm guessing now her plan is to concentrate on getting close to Grace and Diane at MSHS. Now that we know Grace is rather attracted to Jay, maybe Jay could propose a double date with their boyfriends. If Jay didn't already know Tedd was Grace's boyfriend, Grace just told her.

19 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Now that we know Grace is rather attracted to Jay, maybe Jay could propose a double date with their boyfriends. If Jay didn't already know Tedd was Grace's boyfriend, Grace just told her.

Now wouldn't that be fun.  I'm having a hard time with the idea of Tedd going on a double date with some one he doesn't know.  Could happen, but I'm not seeing it.  

3 hours ago, Prof_Sai said:

I have a simpler response for them: "I have no idea what she's talking about."

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

That could counter gossip, but the real issues, which none of them know about, is that Jay knows magic is real, already has seen Grace transform, and is an awakened wizard. Oh, and Jay thinks Tedd is a "wizard" and wants to meet him/her.

I'm already three comments behind. I'll post now.

The counter rumors are not meant to convince Jay; they're meant to convince the general student population, who have a vague sense that magic is real but have no particular reason to believe that any individual student at MSHS besides Nanase can use magic.

As for Grace's boobs looking larger, any explanation for variable-sized boobs that does not involve magic usually boils down to "the larger size is fake". So yes, those who hear about it will assume that she uses pads or other prostheses, possibly for "kinky" purposes (especially if any of them have heard rumors of how Tedd used to act lecherously).

Edited by ijuin
edited for spelling

2 hours ago, Prof_Sai said:

But Jay can't tell anyone who doesn't already know that magic is real.  Is that other group really capable of anything problematic?

We don't really know who Jay knows besides that nameless student she was with when Diane made her big speech at MSHS.

We don't know how well she knows HIM either.

She might have connections, or she might be just observant and good at research. I can see her as someone who checks out Charlotte's sites.

Yup, hard to say ... but I would say that she knows lot of people but lack true friends, and that likely includes anyone she would trust telling she has magic.

Now that we know Grace is rather attracted to Jay, maybe Jay could propose a double date with their boyfriends. If Jay didn't already know Tedd was Grace's boyfriend, Grace just told her.

Now wouldn't that be fun.  I'm having a hard time with the idea of Tedd going on a double date with some one he doesn't know.  Could happen, but I'm not seeing it.  

Well, if Edward wouldn't stop THIS he's definitely incompetent. Also, I would hope he taught Tedd AND Grace better.

... but it does look like good plan for Jay. Maybe she tries and it will be an opportunity to show Edward is not as incompetent.

47 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
4 hours ago, Prof_Sai said:

It WILL however make playing with change blindness harder.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:
8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

It WILL however make playing with change blindness harder.

Yeah, it would at that.  However I think she mainly does her change blindness games at the comic shop, not at school.  Could be I'm wrong here, bet every example of it we have seen has been at the shop.

9 hours ago, ijuin said:

As for Grace's boobs looking larger, any explanation for variable-sized boobs that does not involve magic usually boils down to "the larger size is fake". So yes, those who hear about it will assume that she uses pads or other prostheses, possibly for "kinky" purposes (especially if any of them have heard rumors of how Tedd used to act lecherously).

Inflatable implants!     

"What do you mean, I can't insure my product?"

"Honey, can we stop at a gas station? I need to use the air compressor."

"Warning, limit pressure to 25 p.s.i."   

"Damn, I left my pressure gauge in the bathroom by my compressor at home."

<Boom>

"Adding a new dimension to the term, 'bust'"

... nah, maybe it's a bad idea.

It must be depressing to be in a position where you must assume everyone around you is a gossip

Is Diane delusional for thinking lots of people are talking about her?

Or was I delusional in high school for thinking no one was talking about me?

13 hours ago, Prof_Sai said:

But Jay can't tell anyone who doesn't already know that magic is real.  Is that other group really capable of anything problematic? Come to think of it, would't the magic angle be a reason for Jay to keep quiet?

If Jay's (and Diane's) spell is capable of making people believe what she says. It's possible she could spin a rumour anyway she'd want without even mentioning magic.

Or maybe she wants to get people talking about magic without implicating herself as a magic user.

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It must be depressing to be in a position where you must assume everyone around you is a gossip

Is Diane delusional for thinking lots of people are talking about her?

Or was I delusional in high school for thinking no one was talking about me?

There is possibility Diane is considerably more known - and popular - in school than you were.

16 hours ago, Scotty said:
On 6/2/2020 at 5:32 AM, Prof_Sai said:

If Jay's (and Diane's) spell is capable of making people believe what she says. It's possible she could spin a rumour anyway she'd want without even mentioning magic.

Or maybe she wants to get people talking about magic without implicating herself as a magic user.

If the spell works only on people she directly talks to, it's not really well-suited for spreading rumors.

Also, if she wants to become friend with Grace, she may want to AVOID spreading any rumors about her, especially ones which could be easily traced to her.

18 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
On 6/2/2020 at 5:28 AM, hkmaly said:

"Friendship is magic!"

Which reminds me, so had Noah.

Is it common to ALL chimeras?

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:
22 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
On 6/1/2020 at 10:28 PM, hkmaly said:

"Friendship is magic!"

Which reminds me, so had Noah.

Is it common to ALL chimeras?

MLP:FiM ponies don't eat carrots, at least not in canon.  The only thing that I saw eat carrots was Angel Bunny.  I could be wrong as I didn't see all of the last 2 seasons...

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

MLP:FiM ponies don't eat carrots, at least not in canon.  The only thing that I saw eat carrots was Angel Bunny.  I could be wrong as I didn't see all of the last 2 seasons...

I am aware the show exists. I don't think I've seen more than a few seconds. It has quite a following, am I missing something?

I have a My Little Pony. Somewhere. I haven't seen it in the last couple of moves. It is a miniature, even among MLP toys. The point was to use it as a mount for a gaming miniature to mess with my fellow players. Sadly, I never took the time to complete it.

I also have the Four Little Ponies of the Apocalypse t-shirt. It is sheer awesomeness.

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

I am aware the show exists. I don't think I've seen more than a few seconds. It has quite a following, am I missing something?

Depends on how you feel about quality family animations.  While made for little girls, it's good enough to have a broader audience.   It's also over, so there are no new episodes being made.

Just now, mlooney said:

Depends on how you feel about quality family animations.  While made for little girls, it's good enough to have a broader audience.   It's also over, so there are no new episodes being made.

I tend more towards old school WB and Nick Park's Wallace and Grommet. I honestly don't even like most of Animaniacs, although they have their moments.

I've never seen even one episode of MLP. My only exposure to it is through fanart (quite a lot of it naughty) and Sinfest, a webcomic I've been following for a long time. The Devil is a main character in Sinfest, and he's a bronie.

29 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:
34 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I tend more towards old school WB and Nick Park's Wallace and Grommet. I honestly don't even like most of Animaniacs, although they have their moments.

It's done with flash, and is the cutting edge of flash animation, but it has a different feel than Animanics and old school WB animations, never mind claymation stuff like Wallace and Grommet.

26 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I've never seen even one episode of MLP. My only exposure to it is through fanart (quite a lot of it naughty) and Sinfest, a webcomic I've been following for a long time. The Devil is a main character in Sinfest, and he's a bronie.

Yes, some MLP:FiM fan art is rather naughty.  I try to avoid that sort as much as possible.

Well, I have one other MLP reference some of you might know about: In I Dream of a , there was one comic where Jean the genie was trying to seduce her master, and she transformed into a human Twilight Sparkle. 

BTW, Grace appeared in another Jeanie Bottle comic.