• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Thursday, Jun 4, 2020

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/party-163

Did Grace made her boobs even bigger to distract Diane from Susan's name? Seems it's working.

Also, yes, the name Jay being masculine DOES seem suspicious, ESPECIALLY with the clarification mentioning that "Jack" was rejected BECAUSE there was female named Jack in Mass Effect 2 ...

Oh, and yes, Grace made the point about how ineffective rumor would the big boobs be ...

I fully understand the issues that going by you middle name can cause.  the m in mlooney goes with my middle name.  I share my first name with my father, but we have separate middle names.  I've gone by my middle name my whole life.  On the other hand I'm not embarrassed by my first name, I just don't respond well to it unless I'm expecting it.

Out of fifteen girls in my first grade class in 1957, three of them were named "Sandra". So one kept "Sandra", another became "Sandy" and the third went by her middle name, "Jeanette".

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Out of fifteen girls in my first grade class in 1957, three of them were named "Sandra". So one kept "Sandra", another became "Sandy" and the third went by her middle name, "Jeanette".

My 9th grade English class had 5 or 6 "Michael", which is the name I go by.  The teacher, instead of using other given names for the students adopted the simple solution of calling every body by their last names "Mr. Looney" or "Ms. Smith".  Going by my first name wouldn't have helped much, there were 2 "Joseph" or "Joe" other than me in that class.

47 minutes ago, mlooney said:

My 9th grade English class had 5 or 6 "Michael", which is the name I go by.  The teacher, instead of using other given names for the students adopted the simple solution of calling every body by their last names "Mr. Looney" or "Ms. Smith".  Going by my first name wouldn't have helped much, there were 2 "Joeseph" or "Joe" other than me in that class.

Is there an Ian Michael in your family?

Just now, hkmaly said:

Did Grace made her boobs even bigger to distract Diane from Susan's name? Seems it's working.

I dunno, hard to say without seeing more of her torso, she could just have her arms in such a way that they push them up more.

Also last panel is probably confirmation that Grace has been playing with change blindness at school as well.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Also, yes, the name Jay being masculine DOES seem suspicious, ESPECIALLY with the clarification mentioning that "Jack" was rejected BECAUSE there was female named Jack in Mass Effect 2 ...

It wouldn't be too difficult to assume that "Jay" is simply referring to the first letter of "Jill" like she prefers to answer to her first initial, either because there's another Jill in her classes or she thinks it goes with her hairstyle, it could be a image thing, "Jill" doesn't sound rebellious when you shave part of your head like that, but "Jay" does, and it's not like she's giving yourself a new name when all she'd do is sign stuff with J. Lastname.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

So, Susan hasn't told Diane that she's also a "Tiffany". I hope Grace's distraction isn't going to make Diane forget her unanswered question.

It's well established that Susan doesn't openly talk about that stuff, she was reluctant to tell even Tedd and Elliot about her first name, Sarah knew because she shared classes with Susan in Junior High and heard the teachers call Susan "Tiffany". I think Nanase learned about it during their France trip, we know Nanase had told Susan about her mom, it'd make sense if Susan had shared something about herself too.  Susan seemed quite content with hanging out with Diane without having to talk about things, while that mostly meant not talking about recent events, I'd suspect that Susan would include past stuff as well because it involves her dad whom looks like Adrian which....yeah I wouldn't put it past Susan to file anything about her dad under "off limits due to recent events".

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Besides, hasn't anyone told Diane about War Criminal (Klaus) Barbie?

The Barbie doll was actually inspired by the Bild Lilli doll, merch for a cartoon hooker. That would kind of fit Diane's old reputation.

And if you check out Dan's tumblr for this comic, he gave it the title "The Ultimate Strategy" which would kind of fit Grace making her boobs even bigger to distract Diane in the final panel.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

It wouldn't be too difficult to assume that "Jay" is simply referring to the first letter of "Jill" like she prefers to answer to her first initial, either because there's another Jill in her classes or she thinks it goes with her hairstyle, it could be a image thing, "Jill" doesn't sound rebellious when you shave part of your head like that, but "Jay" does, and it's not like she's giving yourself a new name when all she'd do is sign stuff with J. Lastname.

I use J. Michael Looney when every I can online, assuming I can't just use mlooney.  I've had people call me J. Michael in real life.  Using the initial letter of your name is fairly common, at least around me...

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Some day you may want to open up a a little cafe that only serves morning meals

51 minutes ago, mlooney said:

That was about the movie, sorta, not about the store, but you knew that.

It was an excuse to link it.

21 hours ago, mlooney said:
21 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

My 9th grade English class had 5 or 6 "Michael", which is the name I go by.  The teacher, instead of using other given names for the students adopted the simple solution of calling every body by their last names "Mr. Looney" or "Ms. Smith".  Going by my first name wouldn't have helped much, there were 2 "Joseph" or "Joe" other than me in that class.

... I remember that there were five students with same name as I had but don't really remember how teachers were solving it ... well, probably using last name, as we rarely have middle names around here. Officially.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That's true. However, it doesn't match well with what Dan said in the commentary.

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Susan,
Don't give up on your first name so easily
Some day you may want to open up a a little cafe that only serves morning meals

I don't think she would ever want that.

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

And if you check out Dan's tumblr for this comic, he gave it the title "The Ultimate Strategy" which would kind of fit Grace making her boobs even bigger to distract Diane in the final panel.

Exactly.

We don't see enough of her to know for sure, but the context suggests that's what she did.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

We don't see enough of her to know for sure, but the context suggests that's what she did.

I read her last sentence as meaning that the size she has then isn't as big(or small) as she's made them when playing with change blindness. So I don't believe she's actually changed them, I think Dan would have given us a better view to compare if he was planning on drawing any differences, and I still say that what we do see is a result of her arms pushing them up a bit, like how Justin's breasts looked between panels 5 and 6.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I read her last sentence as meaning that the size she has then isn't as big(or small) as she's made them when playing with change blindness. So I don't believe she's actually changed them, I think Dan would have given us a better view to compare if he was planning on drawing any differences, and I still say that what we do see is a result of her arms pushing them up a bit, like how Justin's breasts looked between panels 5 and 6.

I agree that she saying that she's had bigger boobs while playing with change blindness.   I'm not sure that they are pushed up by her arms in the last panel based on where here hands are.  I agree that if this was plot important The Dan would have drawn them so that we could easily tell. 

57 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I agree that she saying that she's had bigger boobs while playing with change blindness.   I'm not sure that they are pushed up by her arms in the last panel based on where here hands are.  I agree that if this was plot important The Dan would have drawn them so that we could easily tell. 

Thanks for the Mammaries ...