• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Saturday, Jun 6, 2020

Here is.

OK, now we get the real Grace, the real Susan and the real Sarah playing the game.  With commentary about what naked means in the context of the game.  This is literally 2 gamers on a couch talking about video games, a comic style I dislike, but I'm willing to put up with in small doses.  And  I say literally because Sarah isn't on the couch but is standing while shrunk, holding a wand, because this is EGS...

[Edit]   I missed Ashley, who is behind the corner of the couch, also shrunk and also holding a wand.  My bad.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

OK, now we get the real Grace, the real Susan and the real Sarah playing the game. 

Technically, only Grace is playing. Which makes sense considering it's singleplayer game.

Susan apparently watches and comments her playing.

Sarah and Ashley are likely playing some version of tag with magic wands. Sarah is distracted, Ashley has advantage!

Hmmm ... when can this be happening? Obviously later than current main story ...

Regarding commentary:

So, Susan is ok with that because she likes wearing little and apparently, her embarrassment won't trigger in this situation. Makes sense compared to her behaviour after Goonmanji 2.

And the question if NPC see something different is left on reader. Ok.

Also, why android? You can totally build a cannon into human head as augmentation. Granted, it's not exactly safest or sanest option, but if you combine it with healing nanites ... (done in Schlock Mercenary ... well, ok, technically it was gun, not cannon, but if you want real cannon it would need to be huge mecha ... thinking about it, for huge mecha headcannon or two wouldn't be extraordinary).

32 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
3 hours ago, mlooney said:

OK, now we get the real Grace, the real Susan and the real Sarah playing the game. 

Technically, only Grace is playing. Which makes sense considering it's singleplayer game.

True, I should have been more clear in my snapshot description.

She has expressed a desire to do that before, right after Sarah put her on fairy duty.

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/2011-10-10

Sarah and Ashley are likely playing some version of tag with magic wands. Sarah is distracted, Ashley has advantage!

That is my head-canon as well.  Of course The Dan has said that he's never going to tell us what really happened there.

59 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Technically, only Grace is playing.

Which means that Susan in the game is Grace's avatar, in case that point was missed. So the attitudes are Grace's.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

With commentary about what naked means in the context of the game. 

Dan is reading this forum. Or, possibly, he gets the same questions from other quarters.

This is literally 2 gamers on a couch talking about video games, a comic style I dislike, but I'm willing to put up with in small doses. 

Oh, I dunno, those tend to move along faster.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

It's all fun and games until the cat eats your shrunk friend. Bad kitty!

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Which means that Susan in the game is Grace's avatar, in case that point was missed. So the attitudes are Grace's.

Oh, good point.  However the start of the game indicated that it's not Grace, but in fact Susan.  Maybe they swapped who was running the game at some point.

1 minute ago, Darth Fluffy said:

This is literally 2 gamers on a couch talking about video games, a comic style I dislike, but I'm willing to put up with in small doses. 

Oh, I dunno, those tend to move along faster.

It's far to late for that to have that much effect on this story line, unless The Dan switches to a "2 gamers on a couch with short displays of the game" mode for the rest of the game.

Hmm, has Sarah been promoted from Lab Assistant to Teaching Assistant?

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

No one believed me when I told that story years ago

Although if you stick with the story, they might decide you are delusional and therefore uninvolved in your friend's disappearance or at least not guilty by reason of insanity

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I suppose that's something like a magical duel just for fun and lols - which is how I saw it.

3 hours ago, AFNB said:

I suppose that's something like a magical duel just for fun and lols - which is how I saw it.

Once I noticed Ashley, that was my idea as well.  Grace and Susan are playing video games while Sarah and Ashley are playing around with magic.

15 hours ago, mlooney said:

Here is.

OK, now we get the real Grace, the real Susan and the real Sarah playing the game.  With commentary about what naked means in the context of the game.  This is literally 2 gamers on a couch talking about video games, a comic style I dislike, but I'm willing to put up with in small doses.  And  I say literally because Sarah isn't on the couch but is standing while shrunk, holding a wand, because this is EGS...

[Edit]   I missed Ashley, who is behind the corner of the couch, also shrunk and also holding a wand.  My bad.

Sarah and Ashley are most certainly playing shrink-tag, hence why Ashley's in back there, Sarah's currently "It" but I guess she's a bit sidetracked by the discussion of the game.

12 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Oh, carp, you already came up with that idea lol.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She has expressed a desire to do that before, right after Sarah put her on fairy duty.

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/2011-10-10

I think she was doing it before already, and she just commented about it when put on fairy duty to assure Sarah that she is fine with that.

So, yes, it's consistent with previous cases.

15 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Oh, good point.  However the start of the game indicated that it's not Grace, but in fact Susan.  Maybe they swapped who was running the game at some point.

This is obviously flashback to before start of this arc, not what's happening now on different meta level.

20 hours ago, mlooney said:

With commentary about what naked means in the context of the game. 

Dan is reading this forum. Or, possibly, he gets the same questions from other quarters.

This idea is nowhere near revolutionary enough to require single source. Lot of people could have it independently.

In EGS, shrunk people are so durable the cat wouldn't be able to chew them. Not that just being in cat mouth is that pleasant experience.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:
11 hours ago, AFNB said:

Once I noticed Ashley, that was my idea as well.  Grace and Susan are playing video games while Sarah and Ashley are playing around with magic.

In standard magical duel, you stay in place and throw spells at opponent. Whatever they are doing seems to involve more running ... oh, wait, these wands are not actually long-range. OF COURSE the duel with them is going to involve lot of running and resemble the game of tag.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Oh, carp, you already came up with that idea lol.

:)

On 6/6/2020 at 11:26 PM, hkmaly said:
On 6/6/2020 at 7:34 AM, mlooney said:

This is obviously flashback to before start of this arc, not what's happening now on different meta level.

OK I can use that as a head-canon.

On 6/6/2020 at 11:26 PM, hkmaly said:

In standard magical duel, you stay in place and throw spells at opponent. Whatever they are doing seems to involve more running ... oh, wait, these wands are not actually long-range. OF COURSE the duel with them is going to involve lot of running and resemble the game of tag.

Wands don't have to be short range, but I suspect these are.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Wands don't have tp be short range, but I auapect these are.

Well, of course, in fact Tedd needed to work hard on making the first drumstick wand only work on touch, but it seems likely he did the same in case of these ones.

6 minutes ago, ijuin said:

The magic tag/duel thing sounds like it might make a fun short NP story.

... hmmm ... I think it would be harder to make it entertaining than Goonmanji II, but on the other hand, maybe if it was shorter ...

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

This idea is nowhere near revolutionary enough to require single source. Lot of people could have it independently.

The nudity prohibitions in games is not a revolutionary idea, but Dan's timing seems to coincide with our discussions lately. But people have been quoting Discord, maybe that's the source.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Well, of course, in fact Tedd needed to work hard on making the first drumstick wand only work on touch, but it seems likely he did the same in case of these ones.

I suspect Tedd has 2 modes they could put on the wands, touch, which is probably similar to needing to be in contact with a watch, and a beam, which would certainly be based on Ellen's delivery method, whether or not the beam can be made visible or invisible is another matter though, I'd lean towards maybe.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

The magic tag/duel thing sounds like it might make a fun short NP story.

YES!!!!Eleven!!!  Finish the current story like next week and let's have a Magic Duel.  Go ahead and make it non-canon so you can get the whole of the main cast + Ashley + Diane + Rhoda + Cat in it.  I approve of this idea.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A non-canon magic duel would be a great place for a comic crossover

That it might.  Yo!  The Dan!  Make this happen!

15 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I suspect Tedd has 2 modes they could put on the wands, touch, which is probably similar to needing to be in contact with a watch, and a beam, which would certainly be based on Ellen's delivery method, whether or not the beam can be made visible or invisible is another matter though, I'd lean towards maybe.

Tedd probably doesn't need Ellen - the long-range form may be taken directly from TF gun. I mean, it's uryuom technology, not magic, but apparently they are similar enough - and based on what she says here making it extremely close-range was deliberate decision.

Hard to say if those are only two options Tedd has.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I suspect that if Tedd "sees" a spell with a line of sight, even if that is miles in distance, he can make a wand that has that range.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I suspect that if Tedd "sees" a spell with a line of sight, even if that is miles in distance, he can make a wand that has that range.

THAT is practically certain. What's not certain is if 1) he already saw such spell (for example, Nanase's fairy is quite long range ...) and/or if 2) he can do such wand WITHOUT seeing such spell.