• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Tuesday, Jun 9, 2020

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/party-164

Turns out Monday comics was NOT finished during the day :)

The quote is from The Die is Cast, said by Chief O'Brien to Doctor Bashir. I must admit I needed to search for that.

And it seems the party is very much for Ashley ... well, ok, the movie IS relevant to the magic which is topic of party, but I'm pretty sure everyone already saw that movie. Multiple times. Probably even Susan.

And on Elliot's place, I would be at least little uncomfortable with my bisexual girlfriend bonding over romance with someone else like that. Especially considering she CAN have squirrel romance with Grace.

Also, I would hope that Ashley's wizard training will be different, but truth is transformations are likely to be important part of it if Tedd is supposed to help at all ... well, at least not the upsetting ecosystems bit.

Hey, I was faster by whole minute despite writing more!

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

And it seems Tedd has some issues with a talking wand named Kevin and not knowing what it's going to do.

I don't think she has any issues with it. She just states the fact.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Does anyone else think the middle panel looks like da Vinci's Last Supper?

... no?

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Also, TV trays. I don't think I've seen them since the Sixties.

They make lot of sense here.

It reminds me of The Last Supper because the party is split up in distinct groups. I think Dan put a lot of thought into this panel.

• Susan is sitting alone, further back than everyone, and looking away from everyone.
  • Elliot and Tedd are sitting on one of the beanbags
  • Ellen and Nanase are on the other beanbag.
  • Five people are sitting on the couch, but only Grace and Ashley are touching.
  • Justin and Sarah are looking to their left, either at Grace and Ashley or at Elliot and Tedd sitting together.
  • Sarah is looking to her right, maybe at Ashley and Grace, or maybe looking away from Elliot with Tedd. Sarah also might have noticed how Ellen and Ashley are acting, but Sarah doesn't really know them that well. Or maybe Sarah is thinking about how Susan is sitting all alone and far from Sarah.

Just now, hkmaly said:

And on Elliot's place, I would be at least little uncomfortable with my bisexual girlfriend bonding over romance with someone else like that. Especially considering she CAN have squirrel romance with Grace.

Ashley's already voiced her opinion of Grace with Elliot though, and I suspect Elliot knows Grace enough to not feel threatened by her.

Also, it's currently unknown if Tedd would be able to make a spell that turns someone full squirrel (or any other animal) so at the moment the best we'd get is squirrel on squirrel-sized human romance, but that might be squicky for some.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I don't think she has any issues with it. She just states the fact.

I don't believe Tedd has seen Kevin yet, so Tedd wouldn't be sure what to expect from him, knowing that Arthur made him might also have an effect on what Tedd expects too, and if this is the result of "dragon" magic that's another unknown that Tedd would need to consider.

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Also, it's currently unknown if Tedd would be able to make a spell that turns someone full squirrel (or any other animal) so at the moment the best we'd get is squirrel on squirrel-sized human romance, but that might be squicky for some.

According to this comic Tedd can make watches for cat, dog, bunny, squirrel, cow, Jeremy.  I assumed that those are fully the animal not human animal hybrids, but knowing Tedd, it could go either way.

First, The Sword In The Stone should be viewed as the first film in a triple feature also including Excalibur and Holy Grail

Second, if this is a reenactment of The Last Supper, who will betray, who will deny, and who will be crucified?

Next, anyone else suspect that Ashley's statements may actually mean she wants to be transformed into animals but is afraid to admit it?

Also, we have not yet seen enough of Kevin to know anything for certain, although it would probably be quite easy for a wand to become a one dimensional character

And an observation, Dan has spent a lot of time on the preparatory part of this story.  Now it seems that the introductions and preparations are over.  Does the author know where this tale is going from here?

Finally, TV Trays continue to exist.  I know I was using TV trays while I was in High School in the 80s.  Of course they were the trays my parents received as wedding presents in the 60s.  And let us not forget that according to Weird Al you can get Smurf TV trays on E-Bay

4 minutes ago, mlooney said:

According to this comic Tedd can make watches for cat, dog, bunny, squirrel, cow, Jeremy.  I assumed that those are fully the animal not human animal hybrids, but knowing Tedd, it could go either way.

I gathered that as in hybrids as well like when Grace was in Cat and Jeremy forms. I'd think that if Tedd was able to turn someone full Squirrel, they'd have been able to shrink someone to that size long ago.

14 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I assumed that those are fully the animal not human animal hybrids, but knowing Tedd, it could go either way.

Knowing that Tedd has or had an extensive collection of catgirl pinups and raunchy magazines, I go with "humanoid". Also, isn't it about time EGS had a mermaid?

4 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

isn't it about time EGS had a mermaid?

Is there a fish-person tradition from central Illinois beyond the Chicken of the Sea label?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is ther a fish-person tradition from central Illinois beyond the Chicken of the Sea label?

Probably not in central Illinois, but Chigagoland is in northeast Illinois, which abuts Lake Michigan.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:
34 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I gathered that as in hybrids as well like when Grace was in Cat and Jeremy forms. I'd think that if Tedd was able to turn someone full Squirrel, they'd have been able to shrink someone to that size long ago.

Good point about the shrinkage limit.  Still not sure about hybrid forms vs pure animal forms, but the evidence tends towards hybrid.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:
4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And let us not forget that according to Weird Al you can get Smurf TV trays on E-Bay

He's not wrong.

There is a difference between a TV tray and a TV lap tray.  Those Smurf TV trays appear to be lap trays, which is not the kind tray that the kids were using in the comic.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Ooo, they also have pink snow globes; must've done his homework. Or was it a pink bath robe? Aw, now I gotta listen to it.

While it's not easy to create a pink snow globe, it's dead easy to create a pink bath robe.  Just wash a white one with a non color fast red object.