• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Story: Monday, June 21, 2021

So, Luke has ethics, at least where is "sight power" goes. For some reason, like his action at the card game tourney and his later actions with Grace, I would not have called that.

Epic Recap Denied

He has a little bit of power in a world where almost everyone with more power hides that power

So not seeing anyone obviously more powerful, he used the power he has casually, carelessly, perhaps even criminally

Then he found people who were more powerful, and learned the value of caution and restraint

On yet another tentacle, his spell is just the kind of ability that a clandestine branch of the FBI dealing with paranormal activity would value in their agents.  I am wondering if anyone associated with what Edward Verres refers to as "Dad's Government Business" were suggesting "Use your power for us, or don't use it at all"?

22 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

On yet another tentacle, his spell is just the kind of ability that a clandestine branch of the FBI dealing with paranormal activity would value in their agents.  I am wondering if anyone associated with what Edward Verres refers to as "Dad's Government Business" were suggesting "Use your power for us, or don't use it at all"?

That a possibility that hadn't occurred to me.  Seems awfully fast for DGB to have talked to him.  

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

He has a little bit of power in a world where almost everyone with more power hides that power

So not seeing anyone obviously more powerful, he used the power he has casually, carelessly, perhaps even criminally

Then he found people who were more powerful, and learned the value of caution and restraint

I like to think he's also had an object lesson in ethics. The night of the card game, he was dealing with strangers, and was used to being able to do that with impunity. Then Tedd "saw" what he was doing, Justin deduced a fair amount of his backstory and Grace expressed a feeling of violation. That's possibly the first time he had to think about how voyeuristic his power is, and being a decent sort, decided he didn't want to do that without permission, anymore.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

That's possibly the first time he had to think about how voyeuristic his power is, and being a decent sort, decided he didn't want to do that without permission, anymore.

That does fit the facts as we know them, but I suspect he had a falling out with the others of his "we were chosen to be superheros" group.  That might explain his injuries as well.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

That does fit the facts as we know them, but I suspect he had a falling out with the others of his "we were chosen to be superheros" group.  That might explain his injuries as well.

I've been wondering about that. And hoping to get a glimpse of that group.

20 hours ago, mlooney said:

And if it does, it's a not exactly supporting commentary on the "heroes" part of that...

Most of the people in the EGS world with significant power keep that power hidden

So it might be easy for someone who suddenly gains a little power to believe they are far more powerful than they actually are

Sort of a wizardly Dunning-Kruger effect

Luke's friends may not have realized just how shallow their end of the kiddie pool was, and didn't believe Luke when he told them he went in over his head.