• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Comic for Tuesday, Jun 22, 2021

I've always had problems, at least in ttRPG, that higher level monsters or characters can see through illusions with more ease than lower level creatures.  Why?  Unless they are strongly anti magical, why would they be better at it than an observant peasant or house pet?    Seems that Tedd wants this mechanic in cRPG as well.

https://www.egscomics.com/egsnp/teddgameopinions-022

Invisibility, Transformation, Disguise, Illusion, Impersonation, Cloaking, Mimicry, Parroting, Parody, Somebody-Else's-Problem field

There are lots of variations on the concept

Back in the days of Tabletop RPGs it was hard enough for the typical GM to keep up with all the ways the players tried to make themselves appear inconspicuous. How much more difficult is it when playing against AIs or gaming consoles that won't allow themselves to be fast talked or bribed with pizza?