• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Story: Monday, June 28, 2021

I feel, at the core of the issue is that he is right.  Of course there is the precedence of what you have to go through to get a secret, never mind top secret security rating.  They investigate the hell out of you before you get those. 

The simplest way to break the ice that I can think of would be for Grace to ask if Rhoda wants to see a little trick, then demonstrate some easy telekinesis, say float a pencil. If Rhoda is frightened by that Grace could just claim it was a little sleight-of hand. If she seems intrigued....

2 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

then demonstrate some easy telekinesis, say float a pencil.

A good idea, but have we seen Grace use telekinesis with that fine of control?  I mean she didn't use it to pick up the dice, or even gather them together so they would be easier to pick up by hand.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

A good idea, but have we seen Grace use telekinesis with that fine of control?  I mean she didn't use it to pick up the dice, or even gather them together so they would be easier to pick up by hand.

She's stated that moving herself is easier than moving other people/things. So it probably isn't the best way.

Grace is pretty certain Rhoda has magic related to size manipulation, so she could either shrink herself a bit and see if Rhoda notices, although I think Grace did say she's done stuff like that in school and no one's seemed to notice so that might not work either.

Probably the best bet is Susan's suggestion of making an offhand comment about something related and see how Rhoda reacts, like "Don't you wish you could shrink or grow a screwdriver so that it fits the screw instead of having to dig around for the right size? That would make toolboxes less cluttered too!"

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

She's stated that moving herself is easier than moving other people/things. So it probably isn't the best way.

Grace is pretty certain Rhoda has magic related to size manipulation, so she could either shrink herself a bit and see if Rhoda notices, although I think Grace did say she's done stuff like that in school and no one's seemed to notice so that might not work either.

Probably the best bet is Susan's suggestion of making an offhand comment about something related and see how Rhoda reacts, like "Don't you wish you could shrink or grow a screwdriver so that it fits the screw instead of having to dig around for the right size? That would make toolboxes less cluttered too!"

That would work if Susan and Rhoda went to the same school.  Going to need Grace to talk to Rhoda and Susan to talk to Cat.

On 6/29/2021 at 6:42 AM, Scotty said:

"Don't you wish you could shrink or grow a screwdriver so that it fits the screw instead of having to dig around for the right size? That would make toolboxes less cluttered too!"

Crap, now I want to be able to do that. My toolbox would be much lighter with only one wrench, socket, and one each of the various screwdriver types.

On the other hand, I'd never be able to trust a ruler again....

2 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Crap, now I want to be able to do that. My toolbox would be much lighter with only one wrench, socket, and one each of the various screwdriver types.

On the other hand, I'd never be able to trust a ruler again....

Well there is always a laser ruler.
https://www.amazon.com/laser-ruler/s?k=laser+ruler

Not much use for really fine measurements, but should do for most.