• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

NP Thursday, July 1, 2021

Tedd referrers to their theoretical transformation spell as "garbage" again.  This doesn't make much sense given how they feel about transformations.

It is difficult to justify the use of Garbage as an adjective to describe what seems to be the subject of Tedd's rant, but let me try...

The "Garbage" may be in reference to seemingly useless spells, skills, advantages and other abilities that are frequently found in role playing games.  The power the player wants for the character can't be obtained unless and until the character spends the points, takes the training, performs the side quest, or otherwise diverts the game away from the "goal".  To the player, this is just padding the game.   But there may be good narrative reasons for these garbage spells.  And a sufficiently clever player can find ways to make these spells useful in unexpected ways.

So maybe Tedd wants a skill tree for transformation spells where the low level spells are such a mixed bag of effects that more advanced players would not normally bother with them, but can still be effective

I suspect that Tuesday's strip will not explain it as well.  It might, but I think that Tedd's terminology will be one of the great unknowns of EGS.