• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

NP Thursday, July 8 2021

Doesn't that depend on whether or not they are one the ground vs flying?

gaggle

A group of geese is given a collective noun on the basis of their place. A group of geese on land is called a gaggle; in flight, it becomes a skein, team, or wedge of geese.

32 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And by water, land, or air, Geese can be very nasty

Are you saying that Geese are part of the USMC?  Or even SEALS?

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Are you saying that Geese are part of the USMC?  Or even SEALS?

Not at all

Leathernecks and the UDT are human and will eventually run out of ammunition

Also, if you do manage to defeat a goose in combat, it can be delicious

Most humans, even those prepared by the Navy, do not have good taste

(If a true majority of humans had good taste, would there have EVER been a Real Housewives show?)

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If a true majority of humans had good taste, would there have EVER been a Real Housewives show?

One of the things I'm glad about not living with my mother any more is that I don''t have to listen to Real Housewives show.

I've never had the "pleasure" of seeing it. On the other hand, once I was giving blood in a fairly large donation center. There was a TV on. The majority of the donors wanted to watch Jerry Springer. Dunno if you've ever seen his show, I don't really care to to describe it, except to say that I'm sorry to to be a member of the same species as any of the guests I saw that day.

The big thing about The Real Housewives shows is that they take a bunch of rich women that like to scream at each other and put them in set places.  The Atlanta one was the worse, followed by New Jersey.  The 2 out of the US versions, London and Melbourne were the "best" of the lot as they didn't tend to scream as much.

13 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

...wanted to watch Jerry Springer. Dunno if you've ever seen his show, I don't really care to to describe it...

The worst part is that before that show, Springer was a legitimate politician and journalist, eventually becoming Mayor of Cincinnati, OH.

As for describing that show?  I think Weird Al did it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbfiEfVfo4M

20 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The worst part is that before that show, Springer was a legitimate politician and journalist, eventually becoming Mayor of Cincinnati, OH.

As for describing that show?  I think Weird Al did it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbfiEfVfo4M

I've never heard that, but yeah, it's a good description of the show.  My exposure to Jerry Springer is limited however.  My mother watched it from time to time, so I heard it more than watched it.

Both Oprah and Springer used to tape in Chicago. I once met some guys who ran a little video production company that did work for both of them. They preferred working for Springer, who they claimed was a good guy and a pleasure to business with, as opposed to Oprah, who was a perfectionist who was hard to work with and slow to pay her bills.